Author Topic: Close Protection Training  (Read 160127 times)

Offline Shamrock

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Are they going to run a CP selection/course ever again?
« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2013, 09:48:59 »
No, that is not the case anymore as two people from my reserve infantry unit got their qualification last year and a buddy of mine from QOR the previous year.

3. CPAC IS OPEN TO MP 00161 AND MPO 00214 WHO MEET THE FOL PRE-REQS:
A. REG F OR RES F MP OF THE RK OF CPL TO MWO
B. REG F OR RES F MPO OF THE RK OF MAJ AND BELOW
C. MOS ID QUAL
D. DOCS IAW CP SELECTION APPLIC:
E. RES F PERS MUST BE AVAL FOR UP TO 6 MO DEPL DURING A 3 YR LIABILITY PD FOL SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF CP TRG AND REG F PERS BE AVAL FOR SHORT AND MED DURATION TASKS ON REASONABLE NOTICE. THIS DOES NOT GUARANTEE A RES F EMPLOY CONTRACT.

Two serials have already been run this year

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: Close Protection Training
« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2013, 11:18:08 »
Sorry I'm a little confused.

Is this saying that currently Close Protection selection is available for Military police trades only or is it open for all trades to apply?
I clicked on the link
http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,106223.0/nowap.html

but it's saying there is an error.
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2013, 11:24:33 »
I clicked on the link
http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,106223.0/nowap.html
That's because what used to be that thread has been merged with this one.  Shoulda mentioned the merge - my apologies.

Milnet.ca Staff
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2013, 10:52:50 »
That's because what used to be that thread has been merged with this one.  Shoulda mentioned the merge - my apologies.

Milnet.ca Staff

Ah thanks. Editing confuses me  ;D

it's too bad Close Protection is closed to trades other than MP now, I wouldn't have minded taking a crack at the course. I've heard about some of the job opportunities guys have had after that course and it's pretty wild.  It would also be a good way to disseminate the training across the CF
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline Gmoney845

• Rate Post
« Reply #179 on: October 23, 2013, 14:53:10 »
I went through the CPAC in 2007 which I'm sure is different now......my advice, if you can only get the minimum physical standard mentioned in the CANFORGEN then you're in trouble. The only portion of the CPAC that you can influence is your physical fitness level.

Offline X_para76

• Rate Post
« Reply #180 on: October 23, 2013, 18:51:17 »
Ah thanks. Editing confuses me  ;D

it's too bad Close Protection is closed to trades other than MP now, I wouldn't have minded taking a crack at the course. I've heard about some of the job opportunities guys have had after that course and it's pretty wild.  It would also be a good way to disseminate the training across the CF

A buddy of mine from the reserves ended up landing a gig doing CP for Eugene Melnyk's family. Sounded like a pretty good go and the money wasn't bad either.
"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it." Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Offline christoph.b

• Rate Post
« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2016, 18:19:11 »
I've heard through the grapevine that CP is going to open this year to NON-MP trades again. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2016, 18:51:09 »
I've heard through the grapevine that CP is going to open this year to NON-MP trades again. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

You'll know as soon as there's a CANFORGEN about it, I haven't seen a CANFORGEN for MP-only in years, however.

Offline garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #183 on: January 04, 2016, 22:46:39 »
I doubt it.  With the slowdown in tempo due to the withdrawal from Afghanistan (although there is still a team at the Embassy), we have been able to fill the demand from within for the last several years.

Unless it does get opened to all again, you won't see a CANFORGEN looking for applicants as it is all done on the MP net right now.

Offline ResMP

• Rate Post
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2016, 15:08:14 »
I second this - there is a huge flux of Military Police Reg and Reserve in the que who want to go on tour. Also, it is my understanding the vision of the CP Program is to sustain trained pers with a view to generate corporate knowledge so that the MP Branch can be relied upon to commit to CP related tasks that will likely present themselves in the future. CP capability is a strategic priority for the MP Branch and it fits very well with the Law Enforcement ethos.

Sooooooo ... If you wanna become CP qualified ... shoot me a PM and we can discuss if the Reserve Military Police is a good fit for you!  8)

Offline garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #185 on: July 20, 2017, 21:39:57 »
New CANFORGEN is out regarding the next few CPOACs.  Junior members of the combat arms are eligible to apply again.

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
« Reply #186 on: July 30, 2017, 13:54:08 »
New CANFORGEN is out regarding the next few CPOACs.  Junior members of the combat arms are eligible to apply again.

CANFORGEN 120/17 CDS 032/17 181849Z JUL 17 - CP Recruiting

For those curious
"The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” ~General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC