Author Topic: Comm Research  (Read 147715 times)

Offline Bbmoveup

• Rate Post
Re: Comm Research
« Reply #325 on: February 02, 2018, 20:54:03 »
Yep, I'm on a tasking tho, so it's not like I'm in a classroom doing nothing right now. But if the military wants me to get paid just to sit in a classroom, I'll do it, I don't care really.

Make sure you have a precise list of your employment and address history. Even if you only had a few days of unemployment or lived there for a few days, they need to know. Also, you don't have to put your previous work's manager or owner as a contact in your employment history. I had put the manager as the contact for that factory I used to work 10 years ago and he didn't know about me offhand and he doesn't have any list of labourers who used to work there. You can put co-workers - thank god I have them on my Facebook - cuz they only want someone who can verify your employment. If you work in a place through a temp agency, put the recruiter's number not someone from the company. Also, as for references, make sure you pick those people who are easy to get hold of. I had put a Member of Parliament, Broadway actor, and nobody picked up when guys from Ottawa called.

So yeah, I had to those all over again. Make sure you have precise list especially if you're someone who had various odd jobs along the way. Uni/College res are considered as your address too, even CFLRS!

Oh jeeze! Yeah I have a detailed list
Of all that (past Policing application) I tended to use some generic Human Resources numbers because hothead turn over in most of the oilfield companies I worked for in Alberta. I already know I’ll run into a couple employment verification problems... a few have closed up shop etc.

All part of it I guess, thanks for that advice though, appreciated.

Offline Bbmoveup

• Rate Post
« Reply #326 on: February 10, 2018, 09:26:36 »
For PAT do they generally send one to Kingston?

Offline JaseSyd

• --INVENI ET USURPA--
  • Rate Post
« Reply #327 on: March 12, 2018, 09:30:35 »
Hello Everyone!

Had my final interview 2 days ago, I was offered and accepted the position of Comms Research (21EW)! Looking forward to being part of the team!

First parade this Thursday, first weekend 24-25. Swearing in last part of April, and BMQ May 1? for FTSE.
Recruiting Center: Kingston
Regular/ Reserve: Rerserve NCM
Trade Choice #1: Research Communicator Operator
Trade Choice #2: Intelligence Operator
Applied: Oct. 23, 2017
First Contact: Nov. 2, 2017
DND Paperwork: Nov. 6, 2017
CFAT: Nov. 8, 2017 (Passed)
FORCE test: Nov. 10, 2017 (Passed)
Interview: March, 10, 2018
Medical: Nov. 17, 2017
Position offered: March 10, 2018
Swearing in: End of April
BMQ: May 1?? for FTSE (Kingston)

Offline Bbmoveup

• Rate Post
« Reply #328 on: April 01, 2018, 13:59:50 »
Any idea why comm research is now strictly army as of 2018/2019 year?

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #329 on: April 01, 2018, 16:56:34 »
Any idea why comm research is now strictly army as of 2018/2019 year?

Could be that there aren't any vacancies in the other element positions this year, or that someone finally realized that its stupid to have a purple trade that basically has 2 major posting areas, one as an Army unit and one in a headquarters.

Offline Bbmoveup

• Rate Post
« Reply #330 on: April 04, 2018, 20:18:12 »
Could be that there aren't any vacancies in the other element positions this year, or that someone finally realized that its stupid to have a purple trade that basically has 2 major posting areas, one as an Army unit and one in a headquarters.

Figured as much.