Author Topic: Dutch ships and designs and the possibilities for Canada  (Read 35988 times)

Offline MarkOttawa

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Two birthdays
    • The 3Ds Blog
Re: Dutch ships and designs and the possibilities for Canada
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2017, 20:21:10 »
But in fact neither Canada nor anybody else actually declared war--was called a UN "police action":
http://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/canada-pledges-military-aid-to-south-korea

Mark
Ottawa
Ça explique, mais ça n'excuse pas.

Offline Underway

• Rate Post
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2017, 21:29:26 »
I think underestimating the threat that NK is becoming, is very short-sighted.

Not underestimating the threat. Approaching it from reality.  Don't overinflate Canada's geopolitical importance.  We are a non-player and are not even on the NK radar.  Like I said if you are going to blow someone up then you better pick someone who if you hurt it really matters from a geopolitical point of view.  Why hit Canada and have all of NATO fall on you when you can hit the US and hurt them before all of NATO falls on you.  Better yet hit Japan and really do some damage before anyone can even defend themselves, while avoiding NATO all together.  Or even hit Taiwan, just to really f things up.  No, we don't even rate a tertiary target.

Offline Karel Doorman

• Rate Post
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2017, 18:24:10 »
So i have an artist impression (Damen)of the new class of ASW/GP frigates together with the new MCM vessels to be built in the next years.(Damen's idea of how these ships could look like)

v_MFF_en_v_MCM" border="0

Here 1 of the Frigate alone.

v_MFF_By_Damen" border="0

These are the 3 pictures released by the DMO(Defence Material Organisation,roughly translated),they show a different picture.(also artist impressions)

silhouetten_vergeleken_v_MFF" border="0

A is from 2014
B is from 2015
C is from 2017

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 19:56:07 by Karel Doorman »
Karel Doorman(Battle of the Java Sea)

"I'm attacking,follow me"

Offline Karel Doorman

• Rate Post
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2017, 00:38:49 »
And today(well yesterday) was the day for the 1st Smart-L MMN to be delivered to the DMO(Defence Material Organisation)for the DZP class.

Thales delivered the first SMART-L MM/N radar to the Defence Materiel Organisation. This milestone marks an important moment in time, where we continue to fulfil the big ambitions of our Netherlands Ministry of Defence.

https://www.facebook.com/ThalesNederland/?hc_ref=ARSrb79ZROX2_gJavf_H88zh0Zjgpa5keVN3n2sW_KUAOl_tPi9wJt_czHsHGyN48AY&fref=nf
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 00:45:01 by Karel Doorman »

Offline Karel Doorman

• Rate Post
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2018, 14:27:17 »
Thales Goalkeeper Passes Sea Acceptance Trials Following Upgrade

The first Goalkeeper Close-In Weapon System of the Royal Netherlands Navy equipped with the Upkeep modifications contracted in 2012, was subjected to the Sea Acceptance Trials (SAT) and passed all tests with flying colours.

The tests with air targets included: detection, tracking and elimination of Kinetiq Banshee propeller and jet drones with traditional and modern inbound attack flight paths. For surface targets, the same procedure was carried out with Kinetiq Sprite II drones.

The Upkeep Modification will once again bring performance of the Goalkeeper system to the highest operational status, in correspondence with the Royal Netherlands Navy’s ambition to optimally protect its crew and ships during overseas deployments. The Upkeep consists of new algorithms and state-of-the-art electro-optic tracking capabilities, making Goalkeeper capable of dealing with any threat, including modern, evasive maneuvering air threats with a complex trajectory. The system was developed in the 1980s; the update will enable its deployment for many years to come.

The Goalkeeper SAT was performed on HNLMS Johan de Witt. Other Goalkeeper Customers expressed their interest in this Upkeep modification.

Over the years, Goalkeeper's excellent performance has been clearly demonstrated in various live firing trials. A total of 63 Goalkeepers have been sold to Navies across Europe, the Middle East and the Far East.

https://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/defence-news/2018/march-2018-navy-naval-defense-news/6067-thales-goalkeeper-passes-sea-acceptance-trials-following-upgrade.html

Offline Karel Doorman

• Rate Post
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2018, 14:15:00 »
The latest rendering and possibly the final one for the new ASW frigates(look very nice)Budget for these(for now 2 for The Netherlands and 2 for Belgium with option for 2 more for The Netherlands) is about 2-2.5 billion.

The strange thing offcourse is that Belgium has budgetted about 1.5 billion for 2,so very likely that we will buy more(let's hope so) :whistle:

https://photos-5.dropbox.com/t/2/AADZD1PCHlnJXA097bO8xSuEfxWxHEkU7xsH5S1DOhXJ6g/12/154874981/png/32x32/3/1522105200/0/2/vMFF_0318_edit.png/EJq3sXYY2QQgBygH/qGuYOYXAhIzlH3yN3em4VV6b6_6PZDmN0DzpOMyT6Z8?dl=0&preserve_transparency=1&size=2048x1536&size_mode=3
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 14:20:20 by Karel Doorman »

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2018, 20:18:28 »
Gotta find work for Canadian shipyards I would think.

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2018, 13:12:32 »
Gotta find work for Canadian shipyards I would think.

that will be the driving force.

Offline Karel Doorman

• Rate Post
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2018, 01:49:56 »
exciting news for us the proposed design from Damen/Saab has been revealed,for the Walrus replacement. 8)

Saab-Damen presents design of the replacement Walrus-class class submarine

http://nlnavy.damen.com/saab-damen-presents-design-replacement-walrus-class-submarine/

jollyjacktar

« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2018, 07:33:03 »
Very sleek and nice.