Author Topic: Canadian Decoration: C.D. [Merged]  (Read 96496 times)

Offline CountDC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Canadian Decoration: C.D. [Merged]
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2017, 16:10:23 »
MAPS is correct and if it was sent last year I suggest going to see your clerk and ask for an update.  We had a handful that were requested but never filled until I queried why we hadn't received them yet.  They were sitting in the system still waiting for someone to action.  Within a month or two of each query I received the CDs for the members.  The clasp shouldn't even take that long as there is no printing involved.
"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power....the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix [1942-1970]

Online Halifax Tar

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Ready Aye Ready
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2017, 17:30:11 »
MAPS is correct and if it was sent last year I suggest going to see your clerk and ask for an update.  We had a handful that were requested but never filled until I queried why we hadn't received them yet.  They were sitting in the system still waiting for someone to action.  Within a month or two of each query I received the CDs for the members.  The clasp shouldn't even take that long as there is no printing involved.

Is this same for all medals ?  I mean timeline wise...  Just wondering if I should expect my SSM in time for Nov 11th...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 19:20:15 by Halifax Tar »
Lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2017, 18:20:06 »
I did talk to a clerk last year and he sent something off.  MAPS?

MAPS is the program Medals...HR Admins (are they still called Medals Clerks?) use to put requests for medals in and track them.

Pilot, RADAR...turn right, heading...3-6-5...

Offline NavalMoose

• Rate Post
  • "Life in a blue suit"
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2017, 19:44:15 »
I was also told that they had to wait until a certain amount were requested before they would do them....but it's only a bar and rosette, so I think that is baloney.  The fact remains though it's almost two years...I will enquire to see if there is any progress.

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #154 on: September 18, 2017, 19:50:26 »
When requested they are processed reasonably quickly.  When the request is initiated in MAPS and not completed by the requesting unit, then it takes a long time.

EDIT to add:

The process, as I understand it:

AT UNIT
1. Clerk initiates request in MAPS;
2. CO signs off, certifying entitlement;
3. Clerk inputs CO's certification;

AT DH&R
4. Some level of verification of above;
5. Medal / Bar etc prepped and sent to unit;

AT UNIT
6. Medal / Bar etc sits in filing cabinet for several months waiting for parade;
7. APS occurs;
8. Two years later, someone cleans out filing cabinet and asks "Anyone remember who this Bloggins character was"?

(Steps 6-8 may not be exactly as described).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 19:54:19 by dapaterson »
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline MPgonnabe

• Rate Post
How to get CD after VR
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2017, 13:40:14 »
I’m releasing before I’m being given my CD. I was originally eligible for it in August. I was wondering how I would go about getting it mailed to me?

Thanks

Offline Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Offline NavalMoose

• Rate Post
  • "Life in a blue suit"
DH & R Criteria for CD2
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2018, 13:14:07 »
Maybe a "medals clerk" can answer this. Where is the information gathered from to confirm eligibility for the CD2. I ask because recently I asked my OR if there was any info on my CD2 which was due in Dec 2015(I know it takes forever, but after 2 years I thought I would just ask) I was told there was a problem because my "hire" date was April 1990. I was granted 6 years 135 days of PFTPS because of RN time and that is on my MPRR as is the base date for CD of Nov 1983 and Dec 2005 for CD1 which were both received with no problem.  Why is there a problem now when the relevant information is already on my MPRR? My OR said I should have a Res F MPRR for those 6 years.  I was never in any Reserve Force but even if I was that 6 years is in my Monitor MASS (as Res F for some reason)so the time is there. Is someone just reading a part of my MPRR and ignoring the other parts, makes me wonder.

jollyjacktar

« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2018, 13:41:36 »
My Militia time counted straight time towards the CD.  Not so with the pension calculations, that took a serious boot to the guts.  My Militia time doesn't appear on my MPRR, just the CD calculations which take it into account.

Maybe they're misreading or not reading your MPRR correctly. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 13:44:39 by jollyjacktar »

Offline Oldgateboatdriver

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2018, 14:13:31 »
CD's are straight time from enrolment plus (as in NavalMoose case's) any "granted" anterior time. Regular or primary reserve service is irrelevant: They both count as full time towards the CD. The only exception is any time spent of the supplementary reserve does not accrue. But that's it.

Offline NavalMoose

• Rate Post
  • "Life in a blue suit"
« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2018, 17:02:20 »
There was no problem having the RN time accepted but why did the OR have to pull my PERS file to verify when the info is already on my MPRR? Is the MPRR not a valid source of info or do they think it was tampered with by a non clerk with dark motives? It's laughable and also sad....pathetic even.

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2018, 17:12:34 »
Because they want to be certain things are entered properly?  Because it's an unusual situation and the chief clerk was using it to educate other clerks?  Because clerks are verify lots of things in advance of the eventual roll out of the Guardian system?
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication

jollyjacktar

« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2018, 17:27:33 »
WTF is the Guardian.  Sounds Phoenix-ish to my ears... :Tin-Foil-Hat:

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2018, 17:32:50 »
WTF is the Guardian. 

Guardian is coming - New Human Resource Management System for the CAF 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=126609.0

jollyjacktar

« Reply #164 on: February 07, 2018, 18:36:08 »
 :trainwreck:

I'm a little jaded as of late.

Offline Pusser

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: DH & R Criteria for CD2
« Reply #165 on: February 07, 2018, 20:57:07 »
Maybe a "medals clerk" can answer this. Where is the information gathered from to confirm eligibility for the CD2. I ask because recently I asked my OR if there was any info on my CD2 which was due in Dec 2015(I know it takes forever, but after 2 years I thought I would just ask) I was told there was a problem because my "hire" date was April 1990. I was granted 6 years 135 days of PFTPS because of RN time and that is on my MPRR as is the base date for CD of Nov 1983 and Dec 2005 for CD1 which were both received with no problem.  Why is there a problem now when the relevant information is already on my MPRR? My OR said I should have a Res F MPRR for those 6 years.  I was never in any Reserve Force but even if I was that 6 years is in my Monitor MASS (as Res F for some reason)so the time is there. Is someone just reading a part of my MPRR and ignoring the other parts, makes me wonder.

I think someone in your OR is confused.  There should be no issue with this at all.  Service in ANY of Her Majesty's forces is eligible for the award of the CD unless it has already been counted toward another award.  If you've already been awarded a CD and the first clasp, then the 2nd clasp should come at the next 10 year anniversary.  Unfortunately, ORs are not always on top of this, so it's not a bad idea for a member to remind them on the day.  Then, there's the possibility that you've been naughty...
Sure, apes read Nietzsche.  They just don't understand it.

Offline Navy_Pete

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #166 on: February 07, 2018, 21:17:13 »
Guardian is coming - New Human Resource Management System for the CAF 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=126609.0

There have been a number of updates on the ADM(Mat) side about that. Reading those, it's a software upgrade of HRMS to the 9.0 version (from 7.something). In theory, it's just a new version of the same software, but I still find word 5.0 easier to use than office 2017, so...

None of it is related to our pay system as near as I can tell which is good, but expect there may be some glitches as they roll the HRMS over for updates.  Did a print of my MPRR recently for insurance but I have far more faith in DND IT projects than I do in SSC or PSPC after doing the Phoenix training courses and seeing the ludicrous work flows they have poorly implemented. We generally do a good job with project roll out plans, and I think there is massive scrutiny for any IT project rollout now given what a flaming paper bag phoenix has been.

jollyjacktar

« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2018, 21:37:24 »
Yes, but then there's DRP and DRMIS.  Neither of which are totally useful or user friendly.  At least Monitor Mass has smoothed out, but l understand they're going to roll that into DRMIS too.   :facepalm:

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2018, 22:43:17 »
Oh yea!
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #169 on: February 07, 2018, 22:49:06 »
There have been a number of updates on the ADM(Mat) side about that. Reading those, it's a software upgrade of HRMS to the 9.0 version (from 7.something). In theory, it's just a new version of the same software, but I still find word 5.0 easier to use than office 2017, so...

None of it is related to our pay system as near as I can tell which is good, but expect there may be some glitches as they roll the HRMS over for updates.  Did a print of my MPRR recently for insurance but I have far more faith in DND IT projects than I do in SSC or PSPC after doing the Phoenix training courses and seeing the ludicrous work flows they have poorly implemented. We generally do a good job with project roll out plans, and I think there is massive scrutiny for any IT project rollout now given what a flaming paper bag phoenix has been.

It's ADM(IM), not ADM(Mat) that's doing the upgrade.  And there are parts of the pay system driven by information in HRMS; I've heard that the end-to-end pay testing has identified areas that need fixing before they can go live - and has also identified problems in the current, live systems.

But unlike certain other pay systems, it's nice to know that there's proper testing and evaluation being done in advance of launching.

Offline CountDC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2018, 13:26:04 »
When requested they are processed reasonably quickly.  When the request is initiated in MAPS and not completed by the requesting unit, then it takes a long time.

EDIT to add:

The process, as I understand it:

AT UNIT
1. Clerk initiates request in MAPS;
2. CO signs off, certifying entitlement;
3. Clerk inputs CO's certification;

AT DH&R
4. Some level of verification of above;
5. Medal / Bar etc prepped and sent to unit;

AT UNIT
6. Medal / Bar etc sits in filing cabinet for several months waiting for parade;
7. APS occurs;
8. Two years later, someone cleans out filing cabinet and asks "Anyone remember who this Bloggins character was"?

(Steps 6-8 may not be exactly as described).

Close.  The unit has to send off a hard copy of the paperwork signed by the CO to DH&R before they will action. 

Guardian is a move from peoplesoft 7.5 (military) and 8.9 (civilian) to 9.5.  it is very different looking with the traditional jargon change and has gone through (and still is undergoing) extensive testing.  My understanding is that they plan to do a stages release.  With stage one they will keep the old system ready just in case there is a major issue and need to revert back (maybe lesson learned from phoenix?). Last I had is the pay module is planned for 2020.
"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power....the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix [1942-1970]