Author Topic: Starting Common Army Phase - Any Tips  (Read 10451 times)

Offline Coyner

• Rate Post
Starting Common Army Phase - Any Tips
« on: June 21, 2011, 10:39:25 »
Received offer for Artillery Officer and my COS date is September 19. I am not sure if that is when the course actually starts, but will know more.

Just wondering if anyone had any tips for CAP? i.e. taskings, inspections, items to bring, things I shoud be aware of basically.

Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:42:54 by Coyner »

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -5920.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
Re: Starting Common Army Phase - Any Tips
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:43:44 »
Received offer for Artillery Officer and my COS date is September 19. I am sure if that is when the course actually starts, but will know more.

Just wondering if anyone had any tips for CAP? i.e. taskings, inspections, items to bring, things I shoud be aware of basically.

Any help would be appreciated.

How about a search of the Training Forum threads, that'd be a great starting place  ;) http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/board,39.0.html
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.

Offline Technoviking

DANCE TO THE TECHNOVIKING.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • OBEY!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 11:01:50 »
My only tip is to refer to the course by its name: Basic Military Officer Qualification - Land, or BMOQ-L, pronounced "Bemockle", rhyming with "debacle".
So, there I was....

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -5920.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 12:18:26 »
My only tip is to refer to the course by its name: Basic Military Officer Qualification - Land, or BMOQ-L, pronounced "Bemockle", rhyming with "debacle".

and 'Bemockle' quickly becomes 'Befuckle' as explained in the accompanying graphic taken from Mission & Task Verbs. ;)
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.

Offline Spinaker

• Rate Post
  • So. How do you think that went?
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 19:34:09 »
and 'Bemockle' quickly becomes 'Befuckle' as explained in the accompanying graphic taken from Mission & Task Verbs. ;)

It's so nice to see your work appreciated in your own time.
"Since you attended public school, I'm going to assume you're already proficient with small arms, so we'll start you off with something a little more advanced."