Author Topic: Some pilot related questions...  (Read 39910 times)

Offline jadoiron

• Rate Post
Some pilot related questions...
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 17:48:02 »
Would it help that I already have a private pilots license? Does this help my chances of being accepted?

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: Some pilot related questions...
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 18:58:01 »
Would it help that I already have a private pilots license? Does this help my chances of being accepted?

As I replied to an earlier post of yours: "Please use the Search Function and do a little research. All of your questions have likely been asked before, and answered in greater detail. You may also find answers to questions that you don't even have yet."

If you can neither follow simple direction nor do your own homework, even an ATPL isn't going to help you much.

Offline jadoiron

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 05:46:25 »
Maybe if the search engine wasn't programmed by chimps, people would have better luck using it.

Offline jadoiron

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 06:31:21 »
"Use the search function."

And I'M the lazy one...

aesop081

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 06:55:44 »
And I'M the lazy one...

Yup, you are.

Offline jadoiron

• Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 06:59:12 »
Well at least I know that if my competition is made up of backwards, helpless people such as yourself, I'll have no problem getting in.

Your poor attempts at insulting me is actually quite comforting and I thank you.

aesop081

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 07:01:14 »
Well at least I know that if my competition is made up of backwards, helpless people such as yourself, I'll have no problem getting in.

:rofl:

Offline GAP

• Semper Fi
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 07:16:31 »
Now where did we put that silver spoon....oh, it being used with yet another entitled recruit?....oh, ok then.......... ::)
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 07:30:13 »
I had a good rant going on, but for the sake of everyone else I'll just ask "where's the popcorn?"   ;)
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Offline SupersonicMax

is back home.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 14:01:29 »

From a current pilot, I can tell you to go in your corner and ziplip.  Use the search function or browse the forums.  Either way, your questions have been answered. 

Lose the ego...

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 14:18:19 »
Maybe if the search engine wasn't programmed by chimps, people would have better luck using it.
Ahhhh, it's "easy" you seek.  Well then, try this.

Your poor attempts at insulting me is actually quite comforting and I thank you.
Glad to be able to comfort you, my friend.

From a current pilot .... Lose the ego...
And THIS from a pilot!  I kid, I kid....

Jadoiron:  More read+less post+less attitude=(possibly) better outcome.

We're done here.

Milnet.ca Staff
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 16:58:07 »
"Use the search function."

And I'M the lazy one...

Apparently, yes.

You expect other people to do things for you that you can and should do yourself. I could add another couple of descriptors to that one.

Your "competition" is quite likely far more willing to do the work necessary to be selected and successfully complete the Pilot training programme.

Some of the Pilots on this site have instructed, are instructing, or will instruct on various flying courses. All of us have successfully achieved our Wings. We, and those here currently in the mill, can attest to how much work it takes. If you cannot motivate your butt to do a little simple Site research, if you cannot spend a few minutes to benefit yourself, you will not get far in the CF or the Pilot training programme.

I've seen students fail for academics. There is no excuse for that, as the base reason is laziness. I've seen students kicked out of briefing rooms because they did not put in even the minimum effort to prepare themselves for a flight, and had that flight cancelled. A student would be lucky indeed to survive two such incidents.

Others here have been or are Recruiters.

If you think that we're being unkind to you here, you're in for a real shock later, Princess.

Correct your attitude, or give up any hope of making it in, or any distance into your training if you do.

Or be a source of entertainment for said Recruiters and Instructors, all of whom will have your future in their hands.

Your choice.