Author Topic: Trades Acceptable for Pilot Transfer  (Read 42501 times)

Offline Melbatoast

• Rate Post
Re: Trades Acceptable for Pilot Transfer
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2012, 13:39:25 »
Post wings is 7 years restricted release.

Which entry plans?  Will I have to redo my TOS should I get my wings?  7 years  post wings would almost certainly go beyond my 20-year IE, and no one has mentioned any sort of restriction.  I don't think I care, but I might start to the closer I get to retirement.

Offline Pusser

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2012, 13:54:51 »
Post wings is 7 years restricted release.

Restricted release?  Please explain.  :pop:
Sure, apes read Nietzsche.  They just don't understand it.

aesop081

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2012, 14:52:49 »

Just look at an MPRR and you will see "restricted release date:" as a field in the "military data" portion. You can put the popcorn back on the shelf, you don't need to eat any for this one.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 15:43:51 by CDN Aviator »

Offline Pusser

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2012, 15:46:55 »
Just look at an MPRR and you will see "restricted release date:" as a field in the "military data" portion. You can put the popcorn back on the shelf, you don't need to eat any for this one.

I presume this refers to the date that one completes one's obligatory service.  I am not aware of any entry plan that requires seven to ten years of obligatory service.  Keep in mind that VIE and obligatory service are not the same thing.
Sure, apes read Nietzsche.  They just don't understand it.

aesop081

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2012, 15:51:39 »
All the pilots i have flown with who came under ROTP had a restricted release date of 7 years post-wings.

When i became an AES Op, i have a restricted release date of 2 years post-wings.

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 15:54:18 »
All the pilots i have flown with who came under ROTP had a restricted release date of 7 years post-wings.

When i became an AES Op, i have a restricted release date of 2 years post-wings.

Yep, and ACSOs have 4 years restricted release post-wings. 
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Offline David L

• Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 16:02:43 »
Hi CND Aviator,

Were you flying as an Air Weapons Control operator or another trade by any chance??

aesop081

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2012, 16:05:15 »

Were you flying as an Air Weapons Control operator or another trade by any chance??

I am an AES Op........as i said above and as per my profile.

Offline David L

• Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 16:10:39 »
I was under the impression that only Air Weapon Controllers are the ones that get a chance to fly along with pilots.

Offline David L

• Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 16:11:53 »
Strictly AEC speaking.

aesop081

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2012, 16:13:27 »
I was under the impression that only Air Weapon Controllers are the ones that get a chance to fly along with pilots.

:facepalm:

No air weapons controllers on what i fly. Pilots, ACSOs, AES Ops and Flight engineers.

aesop081

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2012, 16:14:10 »
Strictly AEC speaking.

AWACS aircraft have more than just pilots and AECs on it..........

Offline David L

• Rate Post
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012, 16:24:27 »
Sorry, as you can see im a newbie at this. I know its rare for AEC's to be on planes and most are on the ground. Could you care to explain exactly you M.O. if its not to much to ask?

More specifically what I should expect if I was deployed as an AEC on a plane? Is there different tasks than those that are on the ground? Are you more likely to be deployed more often that those that are on the ground?

aesop081

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 16:28:10 »
Sorry, as you can see im a newbie at this. I know its rare for AEC's to be on planes and most are on the ground. Could you care to explain exactly you M.O. if its not to much to ask?

More specifically what I should expect if I was deployed as an AEC on a plane? Is there different tasks than those that are on the ground? Are you more likely to be deployed more often that those that are on the ground?

I am not an AEC. I do not fly with any AECs. I rarely see people who are AECs.....i hear them on radios usually.

Offline David L

• Rate Post
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 16:31:35 »
I get it, my apologies.

aesop081

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2012, 16:32:25 »
I get it, my apologies.

There are threads dedicated to that trade on this site.

Offline LOLslamball

• Rate Post
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2012, 02:08:18 »
AES op, not AEC op.   Airborne Electronic Sensor Operator (AES OP). (boy I hope I didn't get that wrong)

http://www.forces.ca/en/job/airborneelectronicsensoroperator-8#info-1

To answer your question about AECs flying, as far as I have learned, only Air Weapons Controllers have the opportunity to fly on AWACS.  Canada doesn't have any so it would be with the Americans or with NATO(not sure if those are the only two opportunities). 

Here is an awesome website about the postings and jobs available to AECs

http://www.forces.ca/interactive/controller/splash.html

Offline Wickes

• Rate Post
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2012, 07:27:59 »

As in the day of my wings grad, though prior to receiving the wings, I had to sign new TOS stating that, barring a medical release or other extraordinary circumstance, I am obliged to remain in the Air Force for 7 years from that date.

There are some people who have a problem with it, I did not as I enjoy what I do and have no intentions on going anywhere else

Also for any other questions related to entry plan, I joined under DEO.   I had a VIE of 9 years, none of which was obligatory, prior to wings I could have VR'd at any time.  The entry plan makes no difference for the 7 years though, it's MOC training that this particular 7 years is for, and as mentioned it is sitting there on my MPRR next to my wings grad date, and above uniform in the Military Data section.

Offline Melbatoast

• Rate Post
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 12:37:39 »
Yeah I just noticed it on my MPRR, which is interesting because I'm a long way from wings - somebody transposed my change of uniform date to my wings grad date.  I've had wings for a year and didn't even know it!

Should probably get that straightened out, although it's a nice fantasy seeing RR expire before both my 20yr IE and obligatory service...

In reality the RR should go up to about exactly my contract expiry so no big deal.