Author Topic: New M-109 kit  (Read 4739 times)

Offline GINge!

• Rate Post
New M-109 kit
« on: November 09, 2012, 17:07:47 »
Good news for the Gunners, new tool M-109 on the way from AFV Club:

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

Offline Allgunzblazing

• Rate Post
Re: New M-109 kit
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 17:50:22 »
Eyecandy  :nod:.

Offline GINge!

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 09:36:22 »
Happy St. Barbara's day.

Some build-up photos from the company... I don't think track pattern is right for a RCA M-109? I think we used the double-block pattern. Otherwise, looks like a nicely detailed kit. The .50 cal on the AA mount is a good touch.

http://www.afv-news.com/afvforum/the-pub/m109a2-howitzer-afv-club/
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

Offline Old Sweat

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 09:46:09 »
What a great surprise on St Barbara's Day. In 1968 I was given the job of bringing the ten M109s that were being delivered to the school of artillery in Shilo into service and then running courses for Charlie Charlie Everybody from TQ3s and OCdts up to senior officers. We (me as a new Captain IG, a MWO (MrGnr), four sergeants and a bombardier driver per gun) had the short barrelled version with the cab mounted rammer. We worked our butts off and had a ball!

Ubique

Offline FJAG

• Rate Post
  • Ex Gladio Justicia
    • WordPress Page
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 19:29:20 »
What a great surprise on St Barbara's Day. In 1968 I was given the job of bringing the ten M109s that were being delivered to the school of artillery in Shilo into service and then running courses for Charlie Charlie Everybody from TQ3s and OCdts up to senior officers. We (me as a new Captain IG, a MWO (MrGnr), four sergeants and a bombardier driver per gun) had the short barrelled version with the cab mounted rammer. We worked our butts off and had a ball!

Ubique

Thanks for doing that. A year and a bit later on our Phase 2 we were tooling around the Shilo ranges with them. The 109 was always my favourite gun and I still can't stand the fact we got rid of them.  :salute:

This kit and the LAV III kits I've seen recently might just get me back into building models again. As it is I've still got about a dozen various unbuilt kits hanging around from twenty years ago.  :-[
Illegitimi non carborundum
Semper debeatis percutis ictu primo
Access my "Allies" book series at:
https://wolfriedel.wordpress.com