Author Topic: Combat Operations?  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Statik

• Rate Post
Combat Operations?
« on: March 08, 2013, 13:00:18 »
Hey Guys,

So I peeked on Forces.ca, but we all know how well that updates. I also haven't been up to date on the news much, and surfing Army.ca is a hell of a  lot better than doing Trig. I know Canada has many operations around the world, but are we in any combat ops anywhere? I know we are just training the ANA and ANP in Afghanistan, but I don't really know about any other operation we are engaged in.

Thanks,

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
Re: Combat Operations?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 14:39:12 »
.... I also haven't been up to date on the news much, and surfing Army.ca is a hell of a  lot better than doing Trig ....
1)  Reading a bit of news isn't a bad thing.
2)  (old fart rant) Working hard to do reasonably well in math is not a bad thing.
3)  http://www.cjoc-coic.forces.gc.ca/exp/cur-act-eng.asp - click, read, and learn
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

MikeL

Re: Combat Operations?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 14:47:10 »
forces.ca is the recruiting website,  not a source for finding info about current operations.

Like milnews.ca said,  reading the news isn't a bad thing.  Read up and find out what is going on in the world, etc.  Also,  the link posted will find all current and past operations.

As of right now there are no ongoing combat missions,  however the risk is still there.  When Canada first transitioned to Op Attention a soldier from 3PPCLI was killed.  I also believe some CF members were involved in the fighting when Kabul was attacked.

The other recent combat mission the Canadian Forces had was Op Mobile/Unified Protector.  Canadian Forces pers(Army, Navy, Air Force) deployed to the Op Mobile/OUP Area of Operations and RCAF fighters were striking targets in Libya.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 15:15:50 by -Skeletor- »