Author Topic: Selection Dates  (Read 521936 times)

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
Re: Selection Dates
« Reply #1375 on: June 02, 2017, 09:22:56 »
Are you aware of any upcoming selection dates for Inf ROTP (RMC)?

There are no more "official" selection dates for ROTP. 
The available spots for ROTP are starting to dwindle down and as such offers will be made on a case by case basis for each occupation until the remaining positions are 0.

Cheers

Offline canuck2017

• Rate Post
« Reply #1376 on: June 02, 2017, 09:34:50 »
thanks Buck. Although not what I want to hear, I will move onto Civ U.
I was told there was a selection this past Monday May 29. Would all successful applicants have been notified by now?

Offline BobbyCarr57

• Rate Post
« Reply #1377 on: June 02, 2017, 10:05:04 »
Just wondering if anyone has received a call yet, in regards to the selections that occured for NCM trades on May 17th?

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1378 on: June 02, 2017, 11:23:49 »
thanks Buck. Although not what I want to hear, I will move onto Civ U.
I was told there was a selection this past Monday May 29. Would all successful applicants have been notified by now?

For anyone that was picked on 29 May (I'm not aware of that selection but one could have occurred); it will take 5-7 business days to inform anyone that was selected.  Also I wanted to mention there are still a few spots open for ROTP Inf O - it's just that there are no "official" selection dates at this point in time.  People do reject offers, so even with the offers made there could be more openings in the future.  Selections & Offers will continue until the remaining available positions reaches 0.

Offline canuck2017

• Rate Post
« Reply #1379 on: June 02, 2017, 11:28:45 »
I appreciate your clarification Buck. I know of one person who was informed mid-June last year that he was in, and another one that was just before leaving for St-Jean. Does that normally happen?
Still hopeful.

Offline shane306

• Rate Post
« Reply #1380 on: June 02, 2017, 19:24:14 »
Hey Buck_HRA or anyone else who may have any information, I was wondering if you knew of any information about AERE officer selection dates? Also any information you may have about time it may take to arrive at Toronto CFRC or if the dates have already passed, number of available spots left?

I appreciate any info on the subject as i have been on the merit list for AERE and am hoping to get selected soon.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1381 on: June 05, 2017, 11:16:06 »
Good Morning,

Selections happen once a month (for DEO), normally towards the end of the month.  Sometimes the projected selection can get pushed back for a variety of reasons, such as the projected selection for end-May. 

Normally it takes on average 3-5 days for the CFRC to be informed from CFRG HQ about who was selected, from there the CFRC is responsible to contact applicants and they prioritize based on who is going away on BMQ/BMOQ first (i.e. at the moment, someone selected for an August 2017 BMQ will be informed before someone going on a January BMOQ 2018) - I always suggest that people wait at least 7 business days after a selection before they contact their CFRC for information.

At the moment the CAF is trying to enroll 23 AERE DEO for 2017/2018 (this number is subject to change and is accurate for today's date only); more than 50% of the positions remain open as of today's date.

Cheers

Offline shane306

• Rate Post
« Reply #1382 on: June 05, 2017, 11:23:03 »
Good Morning and thanks for the helpful information.

So if 50% of the spots are filled, has there already been a few selections for AERE this year so far?

Online FinnO25

• Rate Post
  • Drive Fast, And Leave A Sexy Corpse
« Reply #1383 on: June 05, 2017, 11:32:51 »
How long do selections for NCM such as infantry stay open for?
Today I do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1384 on: June 05, 2017, 13:07:14 »
Good Morning and thanks for the helpful information.

So if 50% of the spots are filled, has there already been a few selections for AERE this year so far?
I did not state that 50% are filled, I stated that more than 50% remain open.  As a general rule I give percentages at 25/50/75... so at the moment there are between 50%-74% of the original 23 positions that remain open for selection.  And yes there has already been selections for the 2017/2018 for all DEO occupations, including AERE.  Selections for 2017/2018 started back in March (earlier for some entry plans like ROTP).

How long do selections for NCM such as infantry stay open for?
Selections remain open for as long as there are open positions. 
Once all positions for an occupation have been filled than there are no more selections for that occupation until the following year.

Offline shane306

• Rate Post
« Reply #1385 on: June 05, 2017, 18:11:38 »
Thats great, I appreciate the help. Now you said you suggest that people wait at least 7 business days before contacting the recruiting center after a selection date. Do you know the date of the end of may selection cause i didnt know what day it was just that it happened at the end of may? I plan to stop by the CFRC later this week.
Also, is there any information regarding number of people on the competition list? Because decisions for the future would be different if i was 5th on the list vs 200th. That info is more of a hope, than actually expecting to be able to release that information but i thought I'd ask anyway.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 20:52:24 by shane306 »

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1386 on: June 06, 2017, 09:12:20 »
Thats great, I appreciate the help. Now you said you suggest that people wait at least 7 business days before contacting the recruiting center after a selection date. Do you know the date of the end of may selection cause i didnt know what day it was just that it happened at the end of may? I plan to stop by the CFRC later this week.

I covered this question earlier in the thread:
Please note that the selections that were due to occur yesterday and today have been postponed to next week.

Also, is there any information regarding number of people on the competition list? Because decisions for the future would be different if i was 5th on the list vs 200th. That info is more of a hope, than actually expecting to be able to release that information but i thought I'd ask anyway.

The CFRC's can only see the people on the competition list that belong to their CFRC (or in the case of Halifax, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary & Vancouver - all the CFRC's that are under their Area).  The only unit that can see everyone on the list is Canadian Forces Recruiting Group Headquarters (CFRG HQ, or as I commonly state in my threads "HQ").  HQ will not release where you are on the list because it is constantly changing.  You might be #2 at 10am, but 50 people could be processed through the day and you could drop to #42 because 40 of those 50 files are stronger than yours.  Then next day you could move from #42 to #22 because 20 people have decided to withdraw their applications.  There are many factors in where a person is sitting on the competition list and because of this the information is not released simply because it is too fluid.

Offline shane306

• Rate Post
« Reply #1387 on: June 06, 2017, 17:40:36 »
Oh i thought that was in response to the question about NCSE selections not all DEO selections on May 31, I didn't realize that selection hasn't taken place yet because of a pushback. So its likely the CRFCs wont even be notifying anyone until next week or the week after depending on when the new selection date is this week, with regards to the time it takes to pass that information on to each location afterwards.

Offline pyrocyborg

• Rate Post
« Reply #1388 on: June 08, 2017, 17:16:08 »
Hi Buck_HRA!

First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to answer our questions, but sadly, I have one of my own, which will add to your work load  ;) :

I know that you cannot say exactly how many spots are left for a given trade, but do you happen to know if they are still taking people for DEO MPO for this fiscal year?

Thank you again and have a nice day!

Offline Daishi

• Rate Post
« Reply #1389 on: June 08, 2017, 19:57:31 »
Can anyone confirm if the DEO selection HAS taken place this week, since I was postponed from the 31st?

Specifically interested in MARS and AEC. Have they been selected, and if so, are there any openings left? As my recruitment center mentioned there would be another selection at the end of this month.

Offline WineDarkSea

• Rate Post
« Reply #1390 on: June 09, 2017, 01:51:07 »
Can anyone confirm if the DEO selection HAS taken place this week, since I was postponed from the 31st?

Specifically interested in MARS and AEC. Have they been selected, and if so, are there any openings left? As my recruitment center mentioned there would be another selection at the end of this month.

Hi, I'm also applying for MARS. I called into my recruiting center earlier this week and the sergeant on call mentioned that there are currently 33 spots out of 50 still open.
He also said that the May selections for officers have taken place but that there will another round at the end of June
Cross your fingers but don't hold your breath.
Best of luck

Offline Daishi

• Rate Post
« Reply #1391 on: June 09, 2017, 07:22:10 »
Hi, I'm also applying for MARS. I called into my recruiting center earlier this week and the sergeant on call mentioned that there are currently 33 spots out of 50 still open.
He also said that the May selections for officers have taken place but that there will another round at the end of June
Cross your fingers but don't hold your breath.
Best of luck

But we have someone in the thread that said the May selection was postponed to this week.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1392 on: June 12, 2017, 09:37:05 »
First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to answer our questions, but sadly, I have one of my own, which will add to your work load  ;) :
I know that you cannot say exactly how many spots are left for a given trade, but do you happen to know if they are still taking people for DEO MPO for this fiscal year?
It's my pleasure to help out the navy.ca/air-force.ca/army.ca/milnet.ca forum community.  In regards to your question the intended intake for DEO MPO this year is 9 (current as of 12-Jun-17) and more than 50% of those positions remain open.  The CAF is no longer processing new applications this year; however they are still processing application that have been previously received and are already in the system.

A selection did occur late last week; however the names have not be sent out to the respective CFRCs as of yet; it will be at least another 2-3 business before quality control is completed and the names are released to the CFRCs. With that said as of todays date there are plenty of DEO MARS & DEO AEC positions remaining.  The next projected selection is 5-Jul-17; again this is simply a projected date and may have to be shifted for a multitude of reasons.

But we have someone in the thread that said the May selection was postponed to this week.
You are both right, even though the "May" selection was delayed to last week, it is still considered the "May" selection.  The next projected selection is not at the end of June; it's at the beginning of July (5-July) for DEO.  Again like my earlier statements this is a projected date only and can be shifted for a multitude of reasons.

Offline John Kanaka

• Rate Post
« Reply #1393 on: June 12, 2017, 09:43:08 »
Thanks for keeping us posted!  :salute:

It's my pleasure to help out the navy.ca/air-force.ca/army.ca/milnet.ca forum community.  In regards to your question the intended intake for DEO MPO this year is 9 (current as of 12-Jun-17) and more than 50% of those positions remain open.  The CAF is no longer processing new applications this year; however they are still processing application that have been previously received and are already in the system.
A selection did occur late last week; however the names have not be sent out to the respective CFRCs as of yet; it will be at least another 2-3 business before quality control is completed and the names are released to the CFRCs. With that said as of todays date there are plenty of DEO MARS & DEO AEC positions remaining.  The next projected selection is 5-Jul-17; again this is simply a projected date and may have to be shifted for a multitude of reasons.
You are both right, even though the "May" selection was delayed to last week, it is still considered the "May" selection.  The next projected selection is not at the end of June; it's at the beginning of July (5-July) for DEO.  Again like my earlier statements this is a projected date only and can be shifted for a multitude of reasons.

Offline HkCA

• Rate Post
« Reply #1394 on: June 12, 2017, 15:51:16 »
Hi Buck_HRA and good day everyone!

I was wondering if anyone was aware of the MP Selection dates this month for NCM positions. Also, although this could be asked in the MP threads, I was wondering if the MPAC is still in place or if they are using an alternative selection process. Thanks kindly !

Offline Daishi

• Rate Post
« Reply #1395 on: June 12, 2017, 18:17:05 »
Thank you Buck!

Now, when you say there are plenty of positions remaining.... I was told I was on the competition list for both.

Can I assume that not everyone on that list gets picked, even tho there are still positions remaining? Or does everyone on that list get picked until all the positions are filled.

It would be kind of heartbreaking to be on that competition list, but never get selected even tho there are positions available that have not been filled :(

Especially after being in the process for a little over 2 years due to medical files being lost, and the like.

Offline John Kanaka

• Rate Post
« Reply #1396 on: June 12, 2017, 22:00:25 »

Or does everyone on that list get picked until all the positions are filled.

No... and he covered this numerous times with specific examples:

1) You might be #2 at 10am, but 50 people could be processed through the day and you could drop to #42 because 40 of those 50 files are stronger than yours.  Then next day you could move from #42 to #22 because 20 people have decided to withdraw their applications.  There are many factors in where a person is sitting on the competition list and because of this the information is not released simply because it is too fluid.

2)As for percentages, it doesn't work like that - during each Selection they will select individuals based on their performance (CFAT, TSD, Interview) scores; the CAF has been at this a long time so just because there's 50 people who want Infantry in the Competition List and they still have 100+ spots doesn't mean all 50 will receive offers - only up to a certain score will receive offers & if at the end of the year there are still positions than those with lower scores may receive an offer.

His words. Not mine.

Offline pyrocyborg

• Rate Post
« Reply #1397 on: June 13, 2017, 14:21:10 »

Thank you very much for your answer. Considering that I applied back in January, passed the CFAT, interview and medical (not cleared yet), but that I am still waiting for the MP/MPO selection process, would my file be considered as already in the system when it comes to the MPO trade?

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1398 on: June 14, 2017, 09:36:30 »
I was wondering if anyone was aware of the MP Selection dates this month for NCM positions. Also, although this could be asked in the MP threads, I was wondering if the MPAC is still in place or if they are using an alternative selection process. Thanks kindly !
Please have a read through the forums: http://navy.ca/forums/index.php/topic,125930.0.html
NCM Entry Plans
    Unskilled/Semi-skilled/Skilled - There is no application deadline.  Selections happen every 2 weeks minimum, sometimes weekly.
As MP is an NCM Semi-skilled occupation, selections occur every 2 weeks.  The projected dates are 21-Jun and 5-Jul and will continue every 2 weeks until the intake is completed.

Can I assume that not everyone on that list gets picked, even tho there are still positions remaining? Or does everyone on that list get picked until all the positions are filled.
It would be kind of heartbreaking to be on that competition list, but never get selected even tho there are positions available that have not been filled :(
Thank you John, you quoted my posts perfectly and to expand on that:
- The CAF gets over 40,000 applications a year to join the CAF.  Some of those applications don't make it through to the competition list for various reasons (CFAT issues, medical issues, NPD issues, debt issues, etc) but the mass majority do - and the intake is between 5,000-6,000 most years - so as you can imagine there are plenty of disappointed each year as only approximately 15% of those who apply to join the CAF are given an offer of employment.

Thank you very much for your answer. Considering that I applied back in January, passed the CFAT, interview and medical (not cleared yet), but that I am still waiting for the MP/MPO selection process, would my file be considered as already in the system when it comes to the MPO trade?
Without looking at your specific file I cannot make comment on whether you're still being processed.  As always the best source of information is your recruiting centre; so your best bet is to contact your CFRC and ask if your file is still eligible to be moved forward in the process for FY 17/18 or if you're going to have to wait until next year.

Offline weltgeist

• Rate Post
« Reply #1399 on: June 15, 2017, 19:20:01 »
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone has received a DEO offer from the May selection so far?