Author Topic: Selection Dates 2013-2018  (Read 745206 times)

Offline Milerup

• Rate Post
Re: Selection Dates 2013-2018
« Reply #1850 on: July 10, 2018, 16:23:24 »

And, yes, brush up on your written language skills. They will become more and more important as you progress. Clear communication is essential when valuable equipment, lives, missions, and embarrassment are at stake.

Can we please chill out a little bit on language thing? It is maybe not his situation, but we are a couple of french here on the english forum and we try our best. I have been called and written by english CF member with disastrous french, but at least they were trying their best.

Regards,
Engineer Officer
BMOQ August 25, 2018

Offline FA22raptero

• Rate Post
« Reply #1851 on: July 11, 2018, 17:00:39 »
I second the opinion above. It is one thing for someone to show a complete lack of professionalism, and another to show a lack of perfect written english fluency. As long as a message was communicated clearly and politely, which it was, I don't see why we should  be acting hostily to relatively minor language issues that are evidently not due to gross carelessness. I feel this should be especially true on a forum comprised largely of recruits, not enlisted members.

Offline Mahbub9803

• Rate Post
« Reply #1852 on: July 11, 2018, 23:35:42 »
Thank you so much all of you guys to giving me good advice and also support me! Again I really appreciated for all kind of feedback. For sure English is not my first language and when I write I didnt think about the grammatical mistake as I am always in hurry with my office work and others. I do apologize for my mistake.

Anyway, I had my interview today and I think it went really well. The Office was very nice and polite. He was down to the earth kind of person! Honestly I did not expect that at all. I thought it would be little different as it is Military interview! As it was mentioned before it was very easy like regular job interview and normal question about my education, my work experience and my interest. Officer did not ask me any unwanted question at all. Officer mentioned I have very good chance to get into the 'Communication and Electrical Engineering' as my score was comparatively better than others. But he could not confirm that for sure. I was very happy how re spoke with me and tried to answer all of my questions.

At the end of the interview he mentioned I might be in the BMOQ in Jan 2019 as the September session is too close but there might be a chance too!

Tomorrow I will have my medical and I will let you guys know how it will go. Please wish me luck!  :D

Thank you all!

Offline Volidyr

• Rate Post
« Reply #1853 on: July 12, 2018, 00:40:43 »
Hi Mahbub9803,

I just read your post and that is wonderful to hear! I am really happy that you think that the interview went well. Generally, that is an excellent sign from my own personal experiences. Best of luck in your medical examination tomorrow!

Kindest regards,
Volidyr

Offline FA22raptero

• Rate Post
« Reply #1854 on: July 12, 2018, 14:28:41 »
Hi Buck,

So you have any info on DEO Pilot applications you could share? Spots remaining, number already accelted, selection dates etc.? Thanks a tonne! Still waiting....

Kind regards,

Online kratz

Spring is still hiding under the covers.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1855 on: July 12, 2018, 14:48:46 »
Buck_HRA answered this question yesterday, reply # 1684

As of today's date there are still approx 70% of PLT DEO positions remaining.

Buck_HRA posted a Recruiting FAQs thread to answer selection dates and ect...

Hi Buck,

So you have any info on DEO Pilot applications you could share? Spots remaining, number already accelted, selection dates etc.? Thanks a tonne! Still waiting....

Kind regards,
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline FA22raptero

• Rate Post
« Reply #1856 on: July 12, 2018, 14:58:26 »
Thanks Kratz,

Sometimes Buck seems to have some extra information to share, but 70% is usefull to know. Thanks!

Offline FA22raptero

• Rate Post
« Reply #1857 on: July 12, 2018, 14:59:17 »
I wish I fould figure out what is so unnatractive about my application to the selection commitee.

Online kratz

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1858 on: July 12, 2018, 15:15:11 »
Your local CFRC can suggest how to make your application stronger, more competitive. Each day / week, as new applications are processed nationally, your application's position changes.

Roughly 8% of all applications were enrolled in the CAF last year. That estimate is for all ranks, all trades.
It's not that an application is unattractive. Simply, other applications make it to the front of the list first, because they are stronger.

Example: 
37 pilot positions available and recruiting is filling 11 spots for the scheduled BMOQ courses. There can easily be hundreds of applicants waiting on the competition list for Pilot. Only the top 11 will receive the initial enrollment offer. The system might have to send offers to more than that, as some people change their minds ect… If you are sitting at # 20, you have a good chance of being accepted, if you are # 348, your wait will be longer. If 12 new applications are added to the competition list and are stronger than you, your position drops in number by 12.

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline FA22raptero

• Rate Post
« Reply #1859 on: July 12, 2018, 15:42:34 »
Thanks again Kratz,

I did ask my CFRC in what ways I could make my application stronger,  and was reassured by an officer who is also a pilot that the competivieness of my file was not the issue, and that there wasnt anything I can do. He cited shortages in BMOQ spots as the most contributing factor. 

I do understand that selection comittee simply takes the most competitive applicants and as the list changes so does the competitiveness, but I've also heard both from the CFRC and from this website that in broad terms (and not without exceptions) that once you are on the competition list it is just a "matter of time", which is a frustrating thing to hear when its been so long.

Anyways, thanks for the reasurances. I figure I just keep putting feelers out and seeing if theres ever new informations.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1860 on: July 18, 2018, 13:47:11 »
I've also heard both from the CFRC and from this website that in broad terms (and not without exceptions) that once you are on the competition list it is just a "matter of time", which is a frustrating thing to hear when its been so long.

The CFRC Staff should not be stating that it's just a matter of time once you're on the competition list.

As I look at the competition list right now there are close to 700 files for all occupations & entry plans.  Plus there are another 5,000 in process and another 7,000 waiting to start the process.  I can guarantee that not all 700 files on the Competition List as of today's date will be selected.

It all depends on the occupation that you're wanting to join, how competitive your file is today and in the future (as kratz explained, everytime someone with a stronger file makes it onto the competition list means you move further down).

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1861 on: July 18, 2018, 13:56:34 »
Thank you so much Volidyr for your kind reply. It is very good tips that you provided and I really appreciated. I also really appreciated BUCK_HRA reply! If both of you can assist me with this please!

I graduated with Bachelor of Computer Science and as my profession I am Network Engineer. So that is why I applied for 'Communication Electronics Engineering Officer' and 'Signal' as they are related with my education. BUT 'Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Office' is not related with my education but I would like to join as I have my interest with the Electrical and Mechanical equipment. So I might get into first two trade but do you thin still they might select me with this trade 'Communication Electronics Engineering Officer'! When there is a selection do they check background education and experience or I will get train for that?

I would like to be a Pilot but I know there are too much competition and long wait time so that is why I did not choose that one. Am I thinking right!

Thank you so much again!

For future: katz provided you all the information you requested.  Please then don't send me a PM asking me for the exact same information.
I am posting publicly as this is a suggestion for everyone, when you're given the information you requested - run with it :-)

Offline SomeCodingNobody

• Rate Post
« Reply #1862 on: July 18, 2018, 17:37:01 »
700 files already all over the place, with well over 10,000 waiting.  :o

Whelp, time to wait, hope and find something else to do in the interim.

I really wish selection dates were more public so I'd have some idea, but I can understand it doesn't really help to know nor manage expectations. If it happens, it'll happen.

Offline Volidyr

• Rate Post
« Reply #1863 on: July 19, 2018, 01:22:46 »
Hi SomeCodingNobody,

I agree with you 100%. Finding something else to do in the interim would be very wise as you are not guaranteed a job. As a conservative approach, I would highly suggest that you assume that the CAF will not be selecting you and that you continue to live your life as though you never even applied. If you are currently unemployed, it would be best to start looking for work.

Personally, I was on the competition list for over 7-8 months before I got selected. The process is long while frustration often kicks in when you know that selection dates pass by without being selected. Best of luck on your application!

Online kratz

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1864 on: July 19, 2018, 01:42:09 »
SomeCodingNobody and Wnhan,

I really wish selection dates were more public so I'd have some idea, but I can understand it doesn't really help to know nor manage expectations.

These forums are fortunate to have past recruiters and a current one, willing to volunteer and accurately answer applicant's questions.

Above in reply # 1826, Buck_HRA explained how and why selection dates are used by the CAF. They are a tool for the CAF, not for applicants.

Offline Primus

• Rate Post
« Reply #1865 on: July 19, 2018, 04:27:50 »
Personally, I was on the competition list for over 7-8 months before I got selected. The process is long while frustration often kicks in when you know that selection dates pass by without being selected. Best of luck on your application!

7-8 months eh?  I've been on for about 5 months so far. I don't mind waiting. I was just curious as to what trade you were waiting for in that time on the list?
Thanks!

Online kratz

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1866 on: July 19, 2018, 14:59:53 »
Quote from: Primus
7-8 months eh?  I've been on for about 5 months so far. I don't mind waiting. I was just curious as to what trade you were waiting for in that time on the list?
Thanks!

Quote from: Wnhan
Hi Buck,

When you have a moment, could you please let me know if and/or how many positions remain for the trade of Construction Engineering Officer under the DEO entry plan and when the next projected selection date would possibly take place?

Thanks for your efforts,
wnhan

Offline Volidyr

• Rate Post
« Reply #1867 on: July 20, 2018, 12:59:02 »
Hi Primus,

See below for my timeline. I underestimated about being 7-8 months on the list. It was approximately one year. See the above post by kratz concerning my trade. Again, best of luck on being selected and have a great weekend!

Application Date: 09/23/16
First Contact: 09/27/16
CFAT: 10/13/16
Medical: 12/07/16
Interview: 01/09/17
Background Check: 03/13/17
Medical Approved (due to laser eye surgery): 04/17/17
Competition Listed: End of April 2017
Interview Update (due to 1 year expiry): 01/08/18
Medical Update (due to 1 year expiry): 01/08/18
Offer of Employment: 06/06/18
Enrollment Ceremony: 08/14/18
BMOQ: 08/27/18
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 13:04:17 by Wnhan »

Offline FA22raptero

• Rate Post
« Reply #1868 on: July 20, 2018, 13:00:46 »
Trade?

Offline Primus

• Rate Post
« Reply #1869 on: July 20, 2018, 15:06:06 »
Trade?

He references to Kratz post right above his.

Offline LegioXEquestris

• Rate Post
« Reply #1870 on: July 20, 2018, 16:41:44 »
He references to Kratz post right above his.

I believe Volidyr clarified his answer by editing in his trade after raptero asked the question.
Infantry DEO - BMOQ Jan 2019

Offline 7thghoul

• Rate Post
  • CF Applicant
« Reply #1871 on: August 08, 2018, 01:00:41 »
Hey there! If anyone knows the upcoming selection dates for ACISS I would really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Recruiting Centre: New Westminister, BC
Regular/ Reserve: Reg
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: ACISS
Online Application: June 16th 2017
First Contact: June 22nd 2017
CFAT: July 18th 2017 (Passed)
Medical: - July 17th 2018
Interview: - July 17th 2018
Medical approved: Aug 1st 2018
Competition listed: Aug 3rd 2018
Position offered: -
Swearing in: -
BMQ: -

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1872 on: August 13, 2018, 09:22:39 »
Hey there! If anyone knows the upcoming selection dates for ACISS I would really appreciate it!

Cheers!

Please refer to Question #2 in the Recruiting FAQ's stickied to this forum: https://navy.ca/forums/index.php?topic=128223.0

Cheers

Offline Armystrong94

• Rate Post
« Reply #1873 on: September 18, 2018, 20:19:54 »
Hello,

Does anyone know when the selection dates are for combat trade. Combat engineer, crewman and infantry etc and how many positions are left.

Thanks!

Online kratz

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1874 on: September 19, 2018, 07:18:01 »
Hello,

Does anyone know when the selection dates are for combat trade. Combat engineer, crewman and infantry etc and how many positions are left.

Thanks!

Answers:

Q2: When are selections done?

A: https://navy.ca/forums/index.php?topic=125930.0

NCM Entry Plans
       Unskilled/Semi-skilled/Skilled - There is no application deadline.  Selections happen twice a month minimum, sometimes weekly.

Please note that the above are "general" guidelines and at any point a projected/schedule selection can be pushed/moved for a variety of reasons.

As always the most accurate and up to date information on Selection Dates is your respective CFRC.

Knowing the exact number of remaining positions does not help very much. Example: If there are 10 positions but 300 applications,  knowing there are 10 positions is hardly useful information.