Author Topic: Selection Dates  (Read 524110 times)

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
Re: Selection Dates
« Reply #1475 on: August 09, 2017, 11:31:58 »
And if I am most likely situated in the 2nd scenario, you would assume I may not be selected during this AEC selection period?
If that be the case, when is the next selection?
For anyone that is placed on hold because they are not far enough in the process they likely won't be removed from that "hold" until the CAF starts processing files for the 2018/2019 recruiting year.

Looking for information on Aerospace Control Operator.  Are the next selection dates set and how many positions are still available for this year?
As of today's date, for Aeorspace Control Op there are approximately 75% of the positions still open for selection.

Online FinnO25

• Rate Post
  • Drive Fast, And Leave A Sexy Corpse
« Reply #1476 on: August 11, 2017, 20:58:39 »
Hey Buck, so I was informed the other week there that I was on the Ready for Competition list. I am just wondering how long does one stay on this list until being moved to the actual Merit List? I do know that there is selection on the 16th and the 30th of this month. I am just hoping to be moved over, but basically I just wanna know what the deal is with the "Ready For Comp List".
Today I do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

Offline Mcyn

• Rate Post
« Reply #1477 on: August 14, 2017, 15:33:06 »
Hi Everyone ,
I was also told sélection dates were on 16 August ... But the best thing happened this am !! I got a position offered  as Med Tech and Will be swearing in  october 3rd and i Will be in St-Jean on october 14th 2017 20h max (hihi) on a french Platoon . See you soon :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 15:38:11 by Mcyn »

Offline weltgeist

• Rate Post
« Reply #1478 on: August 14, 2017, 16:30:44 »
Hey Buck,

Has the august DEO selection happened, to your knowledge? I've called my recruitment center and they've said that there haven't been many selections happening, so I'm wondering if there is going to be one large one soonish.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1479 on: August 18, 2017, 09:44:34 »
Sorry for my recent hiatus on this thread; I've been sick and today is my first day back online.  With that said onto some answers...

Hey Buck, so I was informed the other week there that I was on the Ready for Competition list. I am just wondering how long does one stay on this list until being moved to the actual Merit List? I do know that there is selection on the 16th and the 30th of this month. I am just hoping to be moved over, but basically I just wanna know what the deal is with the "Ready For Comp List".

As soon as you are "Ready for Competition List" you will be moved into the "Competition List" at the next Selection.  Just prior to the Selection happening, the CFRG HQ Selections Team goes through the "Ready for Competition List" individuals and does a final check of their file and then moves them to the "Competition List" as long as everything is ok.  If there is an issue they let the CFRC know and the CFRC in turn contacts you to get the information that is required.

Hi Everyone ,
I was also told sélection dates were on 16 August ... But the best thing happened this am !! I got a position offered  as Med Tech and Will be swearing in  october 3rd and i Will be in St-Jean on october 14th 2017 20h max (hihi) on a french Platoon . See you soon :)

Congrats on your Offer of Employment.  Best of luck on BMQ!

Has the august DEO selection happened, to your knowledge? I've called my recruitment center and they've said that there haven't been many selections happening, so I'm wondering if there is going to be one large one soonish.

From the information available to me at the moment, an August DEO Selection has not occurred yet. The tentative date for the August Selection was moved to 23-Aug-17; please keep in mind that it can take 7-10 business days from a Selection date for a CFRC to receive notification that someone in their Area has been selected.

Offline Daishi

• Rate Post
« Reply #1480 on: August 18, 2017, 16:21:39 »
So I was informed by email that my airfactor of 4was finally granted on July 31st...... After submitting everything in early march, which held up my application for MARS and AEC. Hopefully now my file is marked as ready and I get a coveted job offer sometime soon.

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
  • Getting better, stronger, faster.
« Reply #1481 on: August 19, 2017, 17:17:42 »
Buck,

Any idea on the numbers for comms rsrch ops needed still?

Cheers.
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1482 on: August 24, 2017, 10:48:16 »
Any idea on the numbers for comms rsrch ops needed still?

Approximately 50% of the Projected Intake for FY 17/18 is still remaining as of today's date for Comm Rsch (Unskilled)

Offline SouthernStock21

• Rate Post
« Reply #1483 on: August 24, 2017, 10:52:58 »
Approximately 50% of the Projected Intake for FY 17/18 is still remaining as of today's date for Comm Rsch (Unskilled)

Would you happen to have any idea for Combat Engineer / Artillery??

Thanks
"Get it right the first time because there is no time for second guessing yourself; Practice, Practice, Practice".

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
« Reply #1484 on: August 24, 2017, 12:10:26 »

Thanks Buck.
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.

Offline andychun1216

• Rate Post
« Reply #1485 on: August 24, 2017, 15:49:39 »
Hello Buck,

Is there any updated news on ROTP Pilot selection dates and open spots?

Thanks!

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1486 on: August 24, 2017, 16:53:21 »
Is there any updated news on ROTP Pilot selection dates and open spots?

As far as I've been informed the ROTP Campaign for 2017/2018 is now closed and no further offers will be generated. 
With that said, double check with your CFRC to find out where you are in the process.

Offline nearp

• Rate Post
« Reply #1487 on: August 28, 2017, 09:56:58 »
Hi Buck,

I was wondering if the tentative selection on Aug 23rd for DEO Pilot went ahead as planned ? And if there are still spots available ?

Thank you in advance for your time!

Online Roger123

• Rate Post
« Reply #1488 on: August 29, 2017, 11:59:14 »
Deo Pilot, AEC, ACSO candidate here. Also curious to the next round of air operations selection dates and estimate of remaining spots. Hope the purported August 23rd selection date was pushed back ( recently being put up for selection this week has nothing to do with that  [:D )

Offline AbhorrentFeast

• Rate Post
« Reply #1489 on: September 01, 2017, 21:35:57 »
Hello Buck,

Could you let me know how many available positions are remaining for Artillery DEO? I was just place on the competition list this week.
Thank you in advance.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1490 on: September 07, 2017, 17:05:01 »
I'm out of office until Oct 4 and cannot give remaining positions available until after that date.
For the tentative selection in August, it got pushed back to 30-Sep and I believe the CFRC's are just receiving notice today & tomorrow of people within their CFRC that were selected.

Offline kevinring

• Rate Post
« Reply #1491 on: September 10, 2017, 23:45:19 »
Hi Buck,
I hope that you can see my post when you come back. I applied for DEO AERE position. My file is in Ottawa, and my career counsellor does not work at Ottawa location any more.  I have been waiting for 5 months since I successfully competed the interview. I Could you give me some information or advice. Thank you.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1492 on: September 11, 2017, 15:53:59 »
Hello Kevin,
The email address for CFRC Ottawa is info.ottawa@forces.gc.ca - if you're not sure who is in charge of your file anymore please send them to an email to determine where you are in the process and who has control of your file right now.

Offline kevinring

• Rate Post
« Reply #1493 on: September 12, 2017, 00:53:33 »
Hello Kevin,
The email address for CFRC Ottawa is info.ottawa@forces.gc.ca - if you're not sure who is in charge of your file anymore please send them to an email to determine where you are in the process and who has control of your file right now.

Hi Buck,

Thank you for your suggestion, and I really appreciate it. I will write an email to the CFRC Ottawa to check the status of my profile and ask for who manages my file. May I know if the trade for AERE is still open or closed for this year? Thank you.

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
« Reply #1494 on: September 12, 2017, 07:06:26 »
Hi Buck,

Thank you for your suggestion, and I really appreciate it. I will write an email to the CFRC Ottawa to check the status of my profile and ask for who manages my file. May I know if the trade for AERE is still open or closed for this year? Thank you.

I'm out of office until Oct 4 and cannot give remaining positions available until after that date.

Online FinnO25

• Rate Post
  • Drive Fast, And Leave A Sexy Corpse
« Reply #1495 on: September 15, 2017, 22:41:02 »
Hey Buck, when you are back in office on the 4th could you please let me know how many spots remain open for infantry?
Thanks!
Today I do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

Offline patelh35

• Rate Post
« Reply #1496 on: September 16, 2017, 12:07:50 »
Are there specific selection dates for the SEELM plan? I submiting a CT to Physiotherapy Officer since I just started a MPT program and was just curious how long I should be expecting to wait. Thanks!

Offline mechabot

• Rate Post
« Reply #1497 on: September 16, 2017, 13:03:37 »
Hi,

I just found out I'm on the competition list since Aug 1st for DEO EME. I was wondering if my file would've gone through any selection periods yet and if EME would also be part of the Sept-30 selection you mentioned previously.

Thanks.

Offline Theo99

• Rate Post
  • CF Applicant
« Reply #1498 on: September 26, 2017, 08:35:14 »
Just wondering, have any of you fellow applicants received any job offers from the latest selection with AF maintainer trades (AVN,ACS,AVS) as your choices?

Good luck to everyone with your applications

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
« Reply #1499 on: September 26, 2017, 09:21:52 »
Just wondering, have any of you fellow applicants received any job offers from the latest selection with AF maintainer trades (AVN,ACS,AVS) as your choices?

Good luck to everyone with your applications

Contact your CFRC and ask for an update and see what they say. If not, don't worry, the next selection is tomorrow.