Author Topic: Selection Dates  (Read 649489 times)

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
Re: Selection Dates
« Reply #1675 on: February 09, 2018, 13:09:37 »
Hello Buck,
Thank you for the reply, and I would also like to know how many spots are left for DEO AEC for the current fiscal year?
As of today's date there are 3 positions remaining from the 17/18 Intake for AEC DEO.
For 18/19: https://milnet.ca/forums/index.php?topic=127069.0

Offline simplysecond

• Rate Post
« Reply #1676 on: February 09, 2018, 15:13:45 »
Hi Buck,

Can I ask the number of DEO NWO/MARS Officer positions currently unfilled for this FY?

Thanks for all the help that you do here

Offline rcafthrowaway2017

• Rate Post
« Reply #1677 on: February 09, 2018, 15:20:35 »
Hi Buck,

Can I ask the number of DEO NWO/MARS Officer positions currently unfilled for this FY?

Thanks for all the help that you do here

From Buck's previous post earlier today.

As of today's date there are 21 positions remaining from the 17/18 Intake for NWO DEO.

Offline Living the Dream

• Rate Post
« Reply #1678 on: February 09, 2018, 15:56:11 »
Thank you, Buck. Great info. Much appreciated!

Offline Tee I

• Rate Post
« Reply #1679 on: February 13, 2018, 14:29:35 »
Hello,

Is there any info on the number of positions left for Logistics Officer and Healthcare Administration Officer for fiscal 2017/2018? And as Buck said, if they are full, we can assume that selections for 2018/2019 DEO positions won't be until about March or April?

Thank you.

Offline Milerup

• Rate Post
« Reply #1680 on: February 20, 2018, 11:53:06 »
Hi buck,

Any information regarding french BMQO for DEO intake?
Looking for Constr Eng and ENGR.

Thanks

Offline WJFW11

• Rate Post
« Reply #1681 on: February 20, 2018, 13:31:22 »
Hi buck,

Any chance you could post when ROTP civy U selection dates start to occur? Is it towards the end of the ROTP intake because they only make civy U selections after RMC spots are filled up or am I wrong?

Thanks.

Offline Primus

• Rate Post
« Reply #1682 on: February 20, 2018, 16:54:55 »
Hi buck, any info on when selections are happening for Weapons Technician (Land)?
Thank you for always helping us out with info.

Offline Harsheth5

• Rate Post
« Reply #1683 on: February 21, 2018, 16:00:52 »
Hi buck. I was expecting an offer in Infantry DEO for the last 14th Feb selection but didn't receive any offer. As per last updated information according to my knowledge Infantry DEO has 80 openings for fiscal 18/19 and 18 opening left for 2017/18. Is there any channge or a reduced number from the current requirement?
Thanks

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1684 on: February 22, 2018, 10:11:25 »
Hello,

Is there any info on the number of positions left for Logistics Officer and Healthcare Administration Officer for fiscal 2017/2018? And as Buck said, if they are full, we can assume that selections for 2018/2019 DEO positions won't be until about March or April?

Thank you.

As of today's date there are 0 positions remaining for HCA DEO and 16 positions remaining for LOG DEO for 17/18.

Hi buck,

Any information regarding french BMQO for DEO intake?
Looking for Constr Eng and ENGR.

Thanks

As of today's date there are 0 positions remaining for ENGR DEO and 4 positions remaining for CONST ENGR DEO for 17/18.

Hi buck,

Any chance you could post when ROTP civy U selection dates start to occur? Is it towards the end of the ROTP intake because they only make civy U selections after RMC spots are filled up or am I wrong?

Thanks.
Depends on the occupation.  Some occupations are CivU only and have already started receiving offers.  CivU and RMCC (& CMR) offers go out at the same time.

Hi buck, any info on when selections are happening for Weapons Technician (Land)?
Thank you for always helping us out with info.

Selection Info: https://milnet.ca/forums/index.php?topic=125930.0

Hi buck. I was expecting an offer in Infantry DEO for the last 14th Feb selection but didn't receive any offer. As per last updated information according to my knowledge Infantry DEO has 80 openings for fiscal 18/19 and 18 opening left for 2017/18. Is there any channge or a reduced number from the current requirement?
Thanks

The projected selection for DEO on 14-Feb did not occur.  This is why I do not give exact dates in my responses.  Selections can be cancelled or moved for a variety of reasons.

Offline wanthony

• Rate Post
« Reply #1685 on: February 22, 2018, 12:26:48 »
The projected selection for DEO on 14-Feb did not occur.  This is why I do not give exact dates in my responses.  Selections can be cancelled or moved for a variety of reasons.

I'm assuming that you mean this for all DEO positions?

It seems that the 3 projected DEO selections since the new year have all failed to occur. Would you be able to shed any light as to what can be expected to happen next as a DEO candidate? Will the remaining DEO positions for 17/18 even be filled before the end of the fiscal year?

I've read that the hold up is all because of limited BMOQ spots for DEO candidates, is there a reasonably approximate date where these DEO spots at BMOQ will once again be freeing up?

Thank you.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1686 on: February 22, 2018, 15:45:27 »
I've read that the hold up is all because of limited BMOQ spots for DEO candidates, is there a reasonably approximate date where these DEO spots at BMOQ will once again be freeing up?
That is true.  CFRG HQ holds the authority for recruiting and intake; however BMQ/BMOQ serials are controlled by CFLRS (Canadian Forces Leadership & Recruit School); at the moment CFLRS hasn't given it's course information to CFRG HQ for BMOQ so there's a delay.  I have been told this is in the process of being resolved; however that's the problem as it exists today.

Offline Piece of Cake

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1687 on: February 23, 2018, 07:52:20 »
Now I'm disappointed at the recruiter who told me back in late Spring of last year that there were no more positions available for DEO Int (which my degree is well suited for) and I settled for DEO Log.

DEO Int is very selective. While a person's education may meet the minimum requirements, it may not meet the preferred.  For DEO Int the preferred is a master degree, or an undergraduate with experience in int (e.g. CSIS).

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 17:25:56 by Piece of Cake »
Policy is more than black and white.  We need to not only understand the spirit of why a policy was written, but also how the policy affects people.

Offline Roger123

• Rate Post
« Reply #1688 on: February 23, 2018, 13:04:32 »
Hey Buck,
Looking to see if projected Pilot Selections for Feb went through and if there is any 17/18 spots remaining.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1689 on: February 23, 2018, 15:02:44 »
DEO Int is very selective. While a person's education may meet the minimum requirements, it may not meet the preferred.  For DEO Int the preferred is a master degree, or an undergraduate with experience in int (e.g. CSIS).

Hope this helps.

Good Day, I'm not sure where you're getting this information but a Masters Degree is not "preferred" for IntO. 

For academics, the ideal is a Baccalaureate degree in Conflict Studies, Computer Science, Global Studies/Development, History, International Relations/Studies, Military and Strategic Studies, Political Science/Polics or a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers.  There is no mention of a Masters Degree in the Entry Standards.

As for the experience, the request is that someone has deployed operational experience (6 months cumulative) or at least 1 year of experience working in an intelligence or security position at a government agency department (e.g. CBA, CSC, CSE, CSIS, DFATD, DND, CAF, FINTRAC, OPP, PCO, PSC, RCMP, SQ, TC) or has attained the Source Handling Operator Course.

Hey Buck,
Looking to see if projected Pilot Selections for Feb went through and if there is any 17/18 spots remaining.
There was not a Selections for Pilot yet in February.  As of today's date there are still 20 positions remaining for Pilot DEO for 17/18.

Offline Piece of Cake

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1690 on: February 23, 2018, 15:17:49 »
Good Day, I'm not sure where you're getting this information but a Masters Degree is not "preferred" for IntO. 

For academics, the ideal is a Baccalaureate degree in Conflict Studies, Computer Science, Global Studies/Development, History, International Relations/Studies, Military and Strategic Studies, Political Science/Polics or a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers.  There is no mention of a Masters Degree in the Entry Standards.

As for the experience, the request is that someone has deployed operational experience (6 months cumulative) or at least 1 year of experience working in an intelligence or security position at a government agency department (e.g. CBA, CSC, CSE, CSIS, DFATD, DND, CAF, FINTRAC, OPP, PCO, PSC, RCMP, SQ, TC) or has attained the Source Handling Operator Course.
There was not a Selections for Pilot yet in February.  As of today's date there are still 20 positions remaining for Pilot DEO for 17/18.

There is a lot of mis-information out there.  For example, on CAF's own website it says;

HARDING: Or if you already have a degree in Geography, Economics, Journalism, International Studies or a related field from a Canadian university, you can move straight to the Forces under what’s called the Direct Entry plan with an officer’s salary, benefits and pension kicking in the day you join.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/caf-jobs/career-options/fields-work/other-specialty-occupations/intelligence-officer.html#overview
click on transcript.

As for the Master degree, I will attempt to locate the source, and post when it is found. As for now, I stand corrected.  Thanks Buck.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 17:27:28 by Piece of Cake »
Policy is more than black and white.  We need to not only understand the spirit of why a policy was written, but also how the policy affects people.

Offline OceanBonfire

• Rate Post
« Reply #1691 on: February 23, 2018, 16:51:27 »

Hope this helps.

There is a lot of mis-information out there.  For example, on CAF's own website it says;

HARDING: Or if you already have a degree in Geography, Economics, Journalism, International Studies or a related field from a Canadian university, you can move straight to the Forces under what’s called the Direct Entry plan with an officer’s salary, benefits and pension kicking in the day you join.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/caf-jobs/career-options/fields-work/other-specialty-occupations/intelligence-officer.html#overview
click on transcript.

As for the Master degree, I will attempt to locate the source, and post when it is found. As for now, I stand corrected.  Thanks Buck.

I don't know where you get your information but when I applied years ago for ROTP - Civilian University (declined the offer) and now for DEO, nowhere did it mentioned a Master's degree as a preference back then for DEO in the previous forces.gc.ca layout nor in the current layout.

Some of the videos are extremely old and haven't been updated for a very long time. Preferences should be considered as undefinitive preferences.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 17:00:02 by OceanBonfire »
Recruiting Center: Montreal
Regular/Reserve: Regular Force
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Occupation choice #2: Logistics Officer (Selected)
Current application: March 28, 2017
CFAT: Previously completed in November 2011
Interview: July 11, 2017
Medical: August 2017
Competition list: October/November 2017
Position Offered: May 25, 2018
Swearing In: ?
BMOQ: ?

For those wondering, I received an offer for ROTP-CU back in 2012/2013(?) but had to decline due to change in my program of study.

Offline Piece of Cake

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1692 on: February 23, 2018, 17:00:39 »
I don't know where you get your information but when I applied years ago for ROTP - Civilian University (declined the offer) and now for DEO, nowhere did it mentioned a Master's degree as a preference back then for DEO in the previous forces.gc.ca layout nor in the current layout.

Now I'm disappointed at the recruiter who told me back in late Spring of last year that there were no more positions available for DEO Int (which my degree is well suited for) and I settled for DEO Log.

Hi OceanBonfire,

If you're interested in how to be more competitive for DEO int, I recommend that you speak with someone at the CFRC.

Good luck.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1693 on: February 23, 2018, 17:02:22 »

click on transcript.

That is not part of the CAF website persay: considering the transcript starts off with

"I’m Major Jim Godefroy. I’m an Intelligence Officer from Montreal, Quebec, and I work at the Canadian Forces Joint Imagery Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.

And I’m Lieutenant Navy Sharlene Harding from Brampton, Ontario. I’m an Intelligence Officer serving with the Canadian Forces Support Training Group in Kingston."

The people in the video are Captain Nicholas Weishaar and Major Raphael Guy; so right there that should tell you the the transcript is not accurate.

I will let the Virtual Recruiting team know about the issue so that it can be taken up the Chain of Command and fixed.

Offline OceanBonfire

• Rate Post
« Reply #1694 on: February 23, 2018, 17:03:49 »
Hi OceanBonfire,

If you're interested in how to be more competitive for DEO int, I recommend that you speak with someone at the CFRC.

Good luck.

I don't know where you're going with this but I went through the whole application process so I did spoke to recruiters and MCCs at my recruiting center for all the occupations I was interested in.
Recruiting Center: Montreal
Regular/Reserve: Regular Force
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Occupation choice #2: Logistics Officer (Selected)
Current application: March 28, 2017
CFAT: Previously completed in November 2011
Interview: July 11, 2017
Medical: August 2017
Competition list: October/November 2017
Position Offered: May 25, 2018
Swearing In: ?
BMOQ: ?

For those wondering, I received an offer for ROTP-CU back in 2012/2013(?) but had to decline due to change in my program of study.

Offline andychun1216

• Rate Post
« Reply #1695 on: February 23, 2018, 22:31:49 »
Hi! I'm wondering if there was any selection for ROTP Pilot for current FY and how many spots are left currently.
Thanks in advance.

Offline Harsheth5

• Rate Post
« Reply #1696 on: February 24, 2018, 18:17:22 »
Thanks for the information.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 21:07:46 by Harsheth5 »

Offline AspiringHSO

• Rate Post
« Reply #1697 on: February 25, 2018, 18:57:16 »
Good evening, Buck. Do you have any information about how many SEELM Physio spots are available for the 2018/19 FY and when selection might start occurring for them?

Thanks.

Offline Hawk242

• Rate Post
« Reply #1698 on: February 25, 2018, 23:36:42 »
Good Evening
     I was wondering if you could provide some information on the CEOTP-Pilot program. It is my understanding that this entry program is not normally fully filled and was wondering if selection for 17/18 is still possible or if it will be the 18/19 FY.  Also if possible could you provide details on how of this program is selected off the merit list. In the posting of entry program and selection dates there is no listing for CEOTP.  Is it selected on its own or does it fall under ROTP or DEO selection dates?

Thanks for The help.

Offline simplysecond

• Rate Post
« Reply #1699 on: March 01, 2018, 15:07:15 »
Is there any news on the last selection date(s) for the 2017/2018 FY? I imagine they will be happening soon before we rollover to the 2018/2019 FY intake.

Thanks