Author Topic: Unread posts / new replies  (Read 13469 times)

Offline Jungle

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Unread posts / new replies
« on: January 02, 2014, 09:31:50 »
The shortcuts to Unread posts / new replies at the top of the page have disappeared.
"I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."
- John G. Diefenbaker. July 1, 1960. From the Canadian Bill of Rights.

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
Re: Unread posts / new replies
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 10:29:26 »
Click on the arrow circled in blue and it should come back.

Offline Jungle

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 10:47:24 »
Thanks...  :-[
"I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."
- John G. Diefenbaker. July 1, 1960. From the Canadian Bill of Rights.

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 17:23:30 »
Don't worry, it comes up from time to time and it will again. It's a pretty subtle arrow and easy to miss.

Offline s2184

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 08:11:39 »
Click on the arrow circled in blue and it should come back.

Thank you. I have been using Army Forum for six months, and only today I have found this feature to easily check unread posts and new replies.

Why the unread posts are limited to 10? I notice in some php forums unread posts are visible for unlimited pages sorted in order by time when I click the link for 'View new posts'.
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the mastery of it.

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 05:44:55 »
Why the unread posts are limited to 10? I notice in some php forums unread posts are visible for unlimited pages sorted in order by time when I click the link for 'View new posts'.

I can attest that they go well beyond 10. I have 681 pages of unread posts. :) Be aware though that the link at the top simply shows unread posts since your last visit, so if you visit frequently it may be a low number. Down at the bottom there is a button to show all unread topics, which may be what you're looking for. At least until you see the list of them. ;)