Author Topic: RCD Model Decals  (Read 3857 times)

Offline reccecrewman

• Another fine day to be in the Corps..............
  • Rate Post
RCD Model Decals
« on: August 19, 2014, 10:43:07 »
Wasn't sure exactly where I should put this query, but Mil History seemed appropriate.  I build scale models as a hobby and am nearing completion of a Staghound Mk. I vehicle.  The model came with markings for numerous British Regiments, and the XII Manitoba Dragoons. I have searched every model website I can find, Googled like a madman and have come up empty handed in my search.  I am looking for RCD markings appropriate to the Staghound.  The best site I came up with was a German company, peddinghaus-decals, but after an exhaustive search through their online catalogues, I found none.

Are there any model builders out there who can direct me to a supplier who will have RCD decals of decent quality?  Many thanks in advance, and Mods, if I put this is in the wrong forum, I apologise and understand if it gets moved to wherever you deem appropriate.  Many thanks to anyone who can help.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference....... Soldiers don't have that problem.

Better to die fighting, standing on your feet than to live life serving on your knees.

Offline S.M.A.

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: RCD Model Decals
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 10:48:06 »
Here's the scale modelling section of army.ca:

Games, Models and Re-enacment
Our Country
--------------------------------
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: We did it ourselves."   - Lao Zi (老子)
-------------------------------------------
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
- Winston Churchill

Offline reccecrewman

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 10:55:41 »
Thank you.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference....... Soldiers don't have that problem.

Better to die fighting, standing on your feet than to live life serving on your knees.

Offline KerryBlue

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 09:36:00 »
Recce, Archer Fine Transfers makes a whole bunch of applicable decals for Canadian Vehicles.

Take a look here

http://www.archertransfers.com/CAT_Canadian.html

A great resource for markings is http://www.armouredacorn.com/#!canadian-vehicle-markings/c1oy0

Offline TN2IC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 12:45:24 »

Offline GINge!

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 19:05:24 »
You can use the Arm of Service marking from the 12 MD; they had the same white 44 on a green-over-blue as the RCD:

The difference is the Corp markings:

1 Cdn Corps, to which RCD Stags belonged to, looked like this:

2 Corps (which I believe is the formation marking included with the model) look like this:

This is the decal sheet you want from Archer... you're gonna have a few left over  :nod:

I think the Sqn insignia would be the same between the two units. Serial numbers would be different, but that a whole other level of OCD.
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

Offline reccecrewman

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 16:03:39 »
Thank you to all who responded. All this information has been greatly appreciated and will be used! Cheers!