Author Topic: Leopard 2A4M CAN 1/35 model kit coming soon  (Read 5820 times)

Offline GINge!

• Rate Post
Leopard 2A4M CAN 1/35 model kit coming soon
« on: September 24, 2014, 08:41:44 »
From Hobbyboss:

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

Offline MilEME09

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Leopard 2A4M CAN 1/35 model kit coming soon
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 17:00:17 »
correction to the model, front turret is pointed, so its a A6MCAN, already have the old version which was the pre-canadianized version thats hard to find now from hobby boss (I ordered mine from poland to get it)
"We are called a Battalion, Authorized to be company strength, parade as a platoon, Operating as a section"

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 19:03:01 »
correction to the model, front turret is pointed, so its a A6MCAN, already have the old version which was the pre-canadianized version thats hard to find now from hobby boss (I ordered mine from poland to get it)

No, you're wrong. That is in fact a Leopard 2A4(M).

Compare the A6 and A4 IFCS and PERI locations. Also, the add on armour package is completely different. I would know, I have both in my troop.  ;)

On another note, I hope the detail is better than the other kit on the market....which is horrible.

Regards
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 19:07:03 by Nerf herder »
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline KerryBlue

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 21:07:17 »
Nerf Herder is the MG3 accurate for a 2A4M in Afghanistan, I thought only the 20 German 2A6M's we received had the MG3 equipped and the rest had the C6...

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 21:42:25 »
Nerf Herder is the MG3 accurate for a 2A4M in Afghanistan, I thought only the 20 German 2A6M's we received had the MG3 equipped and the rest had the C6...

It's possible. I'll ask a guy tomorrow at work. He was there when they came in theater.

Regards
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline GINge!

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 18:36:46 »
Supposed to be 100% new tooling. The MG3 should be a C6.
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

Offline MilEME09

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 05:30:20 »
No, you're wrong. That is in fact a Leopard 2A4(M).

Compare the A6 and A4 IFCS and PERI locations. Also, the add on armour package is completely different. I would know, I have both in my troop.  ;)

On another note, I hope the detail is better than the other kit on the market....which is horrible.

Regards

It was my understanding our A4's kept their turret profile (IE flat at the front) but if they have the add on armour to make the entire fleet look the same, then I have no issues. I agree I hope the quality is better, after I build the current one on the market, it left me puzzled, as I had to remove a lot of material, and some panels didn't line up properly. Seemed like a leopard 2 kit with a couple runners of extra parts. Hope this is a ground up kit.
"We are called a Battalion, Authorized to be company strength, parade as a platoon, Operating as a section"

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 07:09:42 »
It was my understanding our A4's kept their turret profile (IE flat at the front) but if they have the add on armour to make the entire fleet look the same, then I have no issues.

Then you have issues.

There are three variants -

Leo2A4 - no add on armour package, hydraulic turret

Leo2A4(M) - add on armour, mine resistant package, electric turret

Leo2A6(M) - completely redesigned turret, upgraded mine package, hull modifications, PERI/TIM

Regards

-Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline MilEME09

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 05:30:54 »
Then you have issues.

There are three variants -

Leo2A4 - no add on armour package, hydraulic turret

Leo2A4(M) - add on armour, mine resistant package, electric turret

Leo2A6(M) - completely redesigned turret, upgraded mine package, hull modifications, PERI/TIM

Regards
[/quot
I bow to your superior knowledge, while I like to think i know military vehicles, when it comes to details of different versions (past the standard model numbers) im lost

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 08:03:38 »

-Norman Schwartzkopf