Author Topic: Bangalore torpedo  (Read 10070 times)

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Regimental Headquarter Staff
Re: Bangalore torpedo
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2014, 15:36:29 »
Can't imagine lugging it around though......
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2014, 18:32:24 »
This version seems new... and portable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpc4r4ZbcRE
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline Sheep Dog AT

• The Fly in Someone's Ointment - Giggity
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2014, 18:41:19 »
Seems just as portable as ours
Apparently infamous for his one liners.
Oh Giggity Well...........Giggity

Offline Kat Stevens

beth am dyrnu braf yn y gwddf?

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2014, 18:54:30 »
That must have been a serious beast :)

Yeah, it was a controlled experiment on FE camp in Wildflecken as best I can recall.  We ran two strands of det cord up the inside of the pickets on one side, packed both sides with HE, and put it together as I mentioned above.  It was placed under a 15 metre section of American cat wire fence. Not much left to pick up after.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2014, 01:48:11 »
Yeah, it was a controlled experiment on FE camp in Wildflecken as best I can recall.  We ran two strands of det cord up the inside of the pickets on one side, packed both sides with HE, and put it together as I mentioned above.  It was placed under a 15 metre section of American cat wire fence. Not much left to pick up after.

And after umpteen years in the Infantry I've only been part of two live fire ranges that has had the kind of activity built in. Is this a problem in our doctrine? I'd say so.
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline Capt. Happy

• Every day is Monday in the Engr Corps
  • Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2014, 07:02:41 »
I wouldn't call it a doctrinal problem, I'd blame the exercise planners for not including realistic tasks into the ex.

As far as that vid, what a waste of explosives and pyro - nothing like firing off a specialized charge into the dirt with a smoke pot running that is only obscuring the vision of what looks to be the ARSO :)