Author Topic: Rubberized Cargo Pack  (Read 4222 times)

Offline Lightguns

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I live for trout and deer
Rubberized Cargo Pack
« on: February 17, 2015, 10:54:30 »
OK, can anyone ID this pack, My expert who has written a book on Canadian gear is unable to, other than calling it a Cargo Pack trials pack. 

Done, 34 years, 43 days complete, got's me damn pension!

Offline medicineman

• Well stuck into my new job and thoroughly enjoying it.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • In Arduis Fidelis
    • Fed By The Firehose
Re: Rubberized Cargo Pack
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 11:36:16 »
Looks like the '64 Pattern ruck pouch without the frame, not to be confused with that huge arsed thing there was as well that had a head strap on it that I suspect was never really intended for human carriage.

MM
MM

Remember the basics of Medicine - "Pink is GOOD, Blue is BAD, Air goes in AND out, Blood Goes Round and Round"

I may sound like a pessimist, but I am a realist.

Offline Sir_Spams_a_lot

Quando omni flunkus moritati.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 12:41:34 »
Yup, '64 bag, no frame, makes an okay utility pack if you can jerry rig up some straps for it.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline Lightguns

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 12:47:07 »
Wrong, look at it again, it has a foot extension out of it.  It is C1 bag down to the bottom of the bag where a foot long extension goes out into the back of the wearer.  I have plenty of 64 bags here, and this extension makes it a way different beast.

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 14:13:27 »
At first glance, based upon the obvious extension, it looked like a 64 Pattern Cargo Pack, but backwards and without shoulder straps. I've never seen anything like it. It does not look like it was modified, and people were not into having such things custom-made back then.

It could possibly have been made for a trial.

Offline Lightguns

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 07:03:08 »
It is marked 1972 and trial seems to be the concensus.  The theory is that the army was looking for a way to have access to main pouch without removing the valise, thus the valise was put between the pack and the frame with additional pack to support the valise.  I do not have the actual bag but I think know where I can get one.  I may experiment for my own curiosity.  I think I will let my informat know we cannot figure out exactly what he has. 

Offline Shrek1985

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 16:20:56 »
OK, can anyone ID this pack, My expert who has written a book on Canadian gear is unable to, other than calling it a Cargo Pack trials pack. 

Does it fit on a C2/jumpruck/LW ruck sack frame? Can you show us?

And as an aside, would that happen to be "tangled webbing"? the book? I have been trying to locate a copy for some time. Haven't even seen an "unreasonably priced" one.

Offline Lightguns

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 10:13:02 »
This is a radio operators pack for a prc515.  This pack fits on the outside of the radio on its pack frame.  The radio frame provides the shoulder straps.  The wide bottom is extra space for the valise.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk