Author Topic: RAAF Commences Reaper Training  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
RAAF Commences Reaper Training
« on: February 22, 2015, 23:26:29 »
In a move that should surprise absolutely no one:

A detachment of RAAF personnel has commenced training on the General Atomics MQ-9B Reaper unmanned system at two US bases.

Although not yet formally announced as an ADF requirement of project, six RAAF personnel are training on the system at Holloman AFB in New Mexico and Creech AFB near Las Vegas.

http://australianaviation.com.au/2015/02/raaf-commences-reaper-training/

Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
Re: RAAF Commences Reaper Training
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 03:40:52 »
....He said five RAAF personnel attached to the USAF were "performing operational duties with their parent unit as MQ-9 Unmanned Aircraft System pilots and sensor operators".

"The MQ-9 UAS comprises an armed remotely piloted aircraft that can also conduct remote intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations," he said.

"As part of their duties ... the RAAF personnel may be involved in target engagements."

The 432nd Operations Group flies the drones out of Creech Air Force Base in Nevada.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/australian-pilots-begin-missions-over-syria-flying-american-reaper-drones-20150814-giz3hn.html#ixzz3j9NF5Thn
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."