Author Topic: -questions about infantry training a unit placement-  (Read 6385 times)

Offline Nic.Robinson17

• Rate Post
  • Quitting gets you no where!
-questions about infantry training a unit placement-
« on: March 27, 2015, 18:08:54 »
Alright so im off to basic the 18th of april! I have my BMQ in st jean and then i start my infantry training. I was wondering at what point will i be asked where i want to serve. Do i have a choice? Id love to be posted at CFB Petawawa where my uncle served but i dont mind if i dont get posted there. Also can you request to be assigned to a certain batalion? Im interested in light infantry vs armoured. (I assume that would be the 3rd batalion) Thanks for the knowledge!

-Nicky  :cdn:
What you do for others lasts forever!

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Keep 'em rolling.
    • The job.
Re: -questions about infantry training a unit placement-
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 18:37:31 »
Alright so im off to basic the 18th of april! I have my BMQ in st jean and then i start my infantry training. I was wondering at what point will i be asked where i want to serve. Do i have a choice? Id love to be posted at CFB Petawawa where my uncle served but i dont mind if i dont get posted there. Also can you request to be assigned to a certain batalion? Im interested in light infantry vs armoured. (I assume that would be the 3rd batalion) Thanks for the knowledge!

Where am i most likely to go after bmq(infantry)
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=116311.0
In any war, there are two tremendous tasks. That of the combat troops is to fight the enemy. That of the supply troops is to furnish all the material to insure victory. The faster and farther the combat troops advance against the foe, the greater becomes the battle of supply. EISENHOWER

Offline Nic.Robinson17

• Rate Post
  • Quitting gets you no where!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 18:44:43 »
Ok thanks for the link! What i understood was: that i may be told after battleschool which means say i go to meaford for my battleschool i may get posted at a battalion in example Shilo or Edmonton or even Valcartier. Thats not what i thought i assumed the battle school your placed in has a direct influence on which regiment you get posted at!

What you do for others lasts forever!

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 19:51:39 »
Congratulations.

Almost any question that you may have has already been answered. Please read through older threads and use the Search Function. That can save a lot of Site clutter from repetitive questions and answers.