Author Topic: Seamen busted  (Read 36028 times)

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
Re: Seamen busted
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2016, 08:16:31 »
The latest from the RCN Info-machine:
A Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) sailor who was convicted of the alleged use of a controlled substance in Japan has been released from custody and returned to Canada. The sailor had been in Japanese custody since early February and was subsequently released with a suspended sentence.‎ He returned March 25.

On February 1, 2016, three members of HMCS Winnipeg’s ship’s company were detained by Japanese authorities while the ship was conducting a port visit in Tokyo, Japan. These crew members, two military members and one civilian employee, were detained for the alleged use of a controlled substance. One of the military members was released without being charged by police, while the other two persons remained in custody and were charged with the use of a controlled substance by the Tokyo Police.

The civilian employee remains in custody while awaiting a judicial hearing. No further information can be released regarding this case at this time.

(...)

“The Royal Canadian Navy has been providing support to those detained since first learning of the incident this past February. We are looking into this case to determine if any further disciplinary measures are warranted. Drug use is not tolerated within our ranks, period. It is not only illegal, but it can also place lives at risk in our workplace. This message needs to be very clearly hoisted aboard, once and for all.”

-- Commander Jeff Hutchison, Commanding Officer, HMCS Winnipeg
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -5620.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2016, 11:42:29 »
Sorry, thought the title meant 'slow swimmers'.  [:D
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2016, 11:52:17 »
Sorry, thought the title meant 'slow swimmers'.  [:D
Then, I think the title would have been something like "Seamen sluggish"  ;D
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter