Author Topic: Domestic deployment in case of national security threat for reservists  (Read 9695 times)

Offline ZKC

• Rate Post
In light of the current events in Paris and Brussels, one can only hope such tragedies do not occur in Canada, but if it comes to it, will reservists be locally deployed if their hometown is or was the target of a terrorist attack?

Apologies if this has been previously discussed, I only found threads concerning overseas deployment. Feel free to lock it or move it if it's irrelevant, I'm still learning the rules around here.

Offline LunchMeat

• Banned
  • Rate Post
Reservists generally need 48+ hours notice to mobilize; the Initial Reaction Force will likely be RegF with ResF supporting Ops beyond 72+ hours.

To be honest, highly unlikely.
"The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” ~General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC

Offline Ditch

• Established 1998
  • Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I routinely step in it, but like conflict...
Force Protection measures are not something we are going to discuss here.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
Although a nice fat Class C contract in your home town would be a great boost for some, I think the actual likelihood would be from 'never' to just left of 'never'. Unless Putin takes a shine to Timmie Ho's, of course.
“To stand on the firing parapet and expose yourself to danger; to stand and fight a thousand miles from home when you're all alone and outnumbered and probably beaten; to spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary.”
— Jerry Pournelle —

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -7995.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
What Ditch said.

---Staff---
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.