Author Topic: "Canadian Armed Forces creates new officer occupation for Physician Assistants"  (Read 11321 times)

Offline medicineman

• Well stuck into my new job and thoroughly enjoying it.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • In Arduis Fidelis
    • Fed By The Firehose
They're going to do something for us Molitia types too - had to sign my election awhile back. 

MM
MM

Remember the basics of Medicine - "Pink is GOOD, Blue is BAD, Air goes in AND out, Blood Goes Round and Round"

I may sound like a pessimist, but I am a realist.

Online JRBond

• Rate Post
Have there been any talks of opening up the PA occupation to non-medtechs? I know of a few nurses out there (myself included) who have considered getting out to get our Masters to be NPs, but if we had the opportunity to do the PA course there may be incentive to stay in.

Offline GINge!

• Rate Post
That's a good question. I wonder if it would be a matter of a VOT and PLAR (plus the delta in course load)?

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

Offline Rider Pride

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Easy to draw, hard to spell
Have there been any talks of opening up the PA occupation to non-medtechs? I know of a few nurses out there (myself included) who have considered getting out to get our Masters to be NPs, but if we had the opportunity to do the PA course there may be incentive to stay in.

Yes, it's been discussed, and no, not happening in the near future. PA wil stay a NCO fed trade for the next couple yrs, until the Med Tech trade is sorted and stabilized, and the program is parcelled out to civilian faculty.
"Return with your shield, or upon it."