Author Topic: Showerthoughts: What small thing has had the largest impact on the Cdn Army?  (Read 10248 times)

Offline Lightguns

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I live for trout and deer
I remember a grease pencil lecture on EMMA Gees and the gun line.  Red indicating the arcs of fire.  There was lots of red lines, lots.....
Done, 34 years, 43 days complete, got's me damn pension!

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
Bad: Peace

Good (Unfortunately): War

Just sayin'.....
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Grease pencils on talc forced people to reduce their speaking to points of importance. PowerPoint lets you add one more slide filled with gibberish and irrelevancies that detracts from the message, because the G7-4-92 feels ignored and wants to have his voice heard (even though it is irrelevant to the subject at hand).

Much as I dislike arbitrary rules ("decks may not exceed seven slides")I see the value every time certain people deliver 45 slide masterpieces, filled with distractions and lacking any relevance, with two or three important points buried somewhere in the dross.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html