Author Topic: Showerthoughts: What small thing has had the largest impact on the Cdn Army?  (Read 20793 times)

Offline Lightguns

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I live for trout and deer
I remember a grease pencil lecture on EMMA Gees and the gun line.  Red indicating the arcs of fire.  There was lots of red lines, lots.....
Done, 34 years, 43 days complete, got's me damn pension!

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
Bad: Peace

Good (Unfortunately): War

Just sayin'.....
β€œTo stand on the firing parapet and expose yourself to danger; to stand and fight a thousand miles from home when you're all alone and outnumbered and probably beaten; to spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary.”
β€” Jerry Pournelle β€”

Offline dapaterson

Halfway to being an idiot-savant.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
Grease pencils on talc forced people to reduce their speaking to points of importance. PowerPoint lets you add one more slide filled with gibberish and irrelevancies that detracts from the message, because the G7-4-92 feels ignored and wants to have his voice heard (even though it is irrelevant to the subject at hand).

Much as I dislike arbitrary rules ("decks may not exceed seven slides")I see the value every time certain people deliver 45 slide masterpieces, filled with distractions and lacking any relevance, with two or three important points buried somewhere in the dross.
Putting the *** in acerbic.