Author Topic: Leaving the country after enrollment before BMOQ  (Read 2546 times)

Offline elsalado

• Rate Post
Leaving the country after enrollment before BMOQ
« on: November 17, 2016, 16:10:22 »
Hello all, if anyone has any insight into this matter it would be greatly appreciated. I have my swearing in ceremony on December 7th and BMOQ doesn't start until January 16th. I would like to visit my parents in the United Arab Emirates for Christmas. So my plan is to give my current employers the 2 weeks notice at the beginning of December, then fly out in mid December, returning either right before New Years or right after. I know that technically I will be on LWOP between the time of my enrollment and BMOQ. I asked my file manager twice if I will be allowed to leave the country during this time and both times he said that it would most likely be ok but he would get back to me to confirm. Both times were weeks ago and he has not gotten back to me, and I asked another guy at the recruiting centre and he also has not gotten back to me. It would be nice to know sooner rather than later so that I can make booking arrangements etc, if I am indeed allowed to travel.

Offline ArmyNavyMom

• Rate Post
Re: Leaving the country after enrollment before BMOQ
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 18:10:24 »
This is going back 6 years ago however my daughter did travel outside Canada after swearing in but before leaving for training. She was told by the recruiting centre that there were no issues. It was only to the U.S. so not sure if travelling overseas would be different.

Offline elsalado

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 11:27:21 »
Thanks ArmyNavyMom! (Do you have kids in both the army and navy?) Does anyone else know anything about this that can help me out? I've asked my file manager a third time but he said again that he will get back to me, which I don't think he will. If I go into my recruiting centre in person would I be able to get a definitive answer? I would have to take a few hours off work to do this so I don't want to go and not be able to find out anything. Like I said I just want to find out if I can go so I can make booking arrangements. If I am not allowed to go of course I don't mind but it would be good to know.

Offline ArmyNavyMom

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 12:10:07 »
Thanks ArmyNavyMom! (Do you have kids in both the army and navy?)
I do, Daughter is Navy and my Son is Army

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 12:14:17 »
Thanks ArmyNavyMom! (Do you have kids in both the army and navy?) Does anyone else know anything about this that can help me out? I've asked my file manager a third time but he said again that he will get back to me, which I don't think he will. If I go into my recruiting centre in person would I be able to get a definitive answer? I would have to take a few hours off work to do this so I don't want to go and not be able to find out anything. Like I said I just want to find out if I can go so I can make booking arrangements. If I am not allowed to go of course I don't mind but it would be good to know.

Contact your File Manager or Career Manager immediately, be persistent but not annoying.

There are certain restrictions for travel as a CAF member, and there is certain documents that need to be completed for the CF National Counter Intelligence Unit prior to travel in order to assess risks etcetera.

While it is unlikely that you cannot travel to UAE, it's more the matter that someone needs to know you're going there (and hopefully coming back).
"The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” ~General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC

Offline CountDC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power....the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix [1942-1970]

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 13:59:37 »
"The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” ~General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC

Offline CountDC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 10:49:58 »
picky picky.

Notification is achieved by submitting the Notification of Intent to Travel (NOIT) or by contacting the NOIT Program Coordinator (866-953-2353 -toll free)

contact the number and talk to them.
"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power....the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix [1942-1970]

Offline shane306

• Rate Post
Traveling prior to basic?
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 20:52:13 »
Hello, I am scheduled to go to BMOQ in January which as of now is 5 months away. I was planning on doing travelling during some of the time before I start basic to take advantage of some off time. I  was curious whether there would be any issues regarding travel between the time you have been passed through the security check and the time you start basic, specifically regarding health or security issues with travelling to foreign countries. I know some countries are considered to have security risk levels by the Canadian government for potential insurgency. I want to make sure that travelling wouldnt have any effect on starting basic on time, assuming i dont contract a debilitating disease.

Thank you for any advice.