Author Topic: 2 Family Names : Can I have only one on my name tags ?  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Stockyrock

• Rate Post
2 Family Names : Can I have only one on my name tags ?
« on: February 06, 2017, 12:48:19 »
Hi everyone,
I have 2 family names : one is french and the other one a popular english family name. People always have difficulties to pronounce the french one. Therefore, I would like to know if it is possible to have only my english family name on my nametags so people will find it easier to say my name. Also it would be a very long name tag to have both. I know its a very low priority question but maybe somebody experienced the same situation.

Thanks

Offline dangerboy

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: 2 Family Names : Can I have only one on my name tags ?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 13:01:24 »
What is your legal last name? The one that is on Government ID (driver's licence, passport).
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time.
- Lt Gen Lewis B. Puller, USMC

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 13:49:23 »
As dangerboy has said, you're going to be restricted to your current legal name. It is possible to have a double-barreled name on your nametag, but you imply that it would be too long. Your choices are to keep what you have, or start the process for a legal name change. I've seen other do it, so it's not that complex.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline acen

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 14:45:33 »
I've seen someone with a 24 character name tape, don't sweat it.

Offline Stockyrock

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 21:42:38 »
Thanks everyone for your answers, they make all sense. I was asking because when I did the first enrollment step they were asking for my first name, last name and my preferred name. Therefore, I was wondering if my preferred name (in which I removed the french family name) was what would be on my nametags. Anyhow, thanks again to all of you!

Offline Sir_Spams_a_lot

.....Quando omni flunkus moritati.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 22:16:47 »
Preferred name refers to which of your given names you prefer to be addressed by.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats