Author Topic: 2017 MARLANT Change of Command Parade  (Read 6554 times)

jollyjacktar

Re: 2017 MARLANT Change of Command Parade
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2017, 11:04:07 »
I watched a YouTube video for a Change of Command event for an RAF Helicopter Sqn in Cyprus.  It involved just two birds, was in the air, and the change over was made when the outgoing CO turned the lead over to the incoming CO.  Done. No bullshit, unnecessary drama or need to involve additional Sqn personnel who could then carry on with their daily tasks.  I like it.

Offline Halifax Tar

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Ready Aye Ready
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2017, 11:09:20 »
The best part of this parade was the aftermath on various FB groups where dinos from yester year got all tough and mean about what a disgrace the current RCN is. 

Lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way

Offline captloadie

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2017, 12:02:03 »
Maybe in order to get enough members for the guard, they had to use people on chits that don't allow for more than 30 minutes of drill or standing. Letting them sit down didn't breach the MELs  [Xp

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2017, 12:36:02 »
I watched a YouTube video for a Change of Command event for an RAF Helicopter Sqn in Cyprus.  It involved just two birds, was in the air, and the change over was made when the outgoing CO turned the lead over to the incoming CO.  Done. No bullshit, unnecessary drama or need to involve additional Sqn personnel who could then carry on with their daily tasks.  I like it.

Right on!

If I was an outgoing Navy Commander I'd want to rev up a destroyer and boot it out of the harbor with the bow out of the water and all guns firing....

Good thing they don't put paratroopers in charge of warships (unless they're pirates, of course :) )
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline trigger

• Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2017, 17:38:29 »
The best part of this parade was the aftermath on various FB groups where dinos from yester year got all tough and mean about what a disgrace the current RCN is.

this would be fun to see. can you name some of these groups?