Author Topic: New IRP / Move policy-effective Dec 01, 2017 [Merged]  (Read 47428 times)

Offline SF2

• Rate Post
Re: New IRP / Move policy-effective Dec 01, 2017 [Merged]
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2018, 18:16:02 »
-  Received Posting Msg 28 Feb - msg itself is dated 28 Feb.
-  Tried registering on BGRS today - 5 March.  It accepted my file.
-  Only glitch - the I AM NOT A BOT widget during registration doesn't work on DWAN IE.  Switched to Chrome and it worked.

Something I'm a bit unclear about at this point:  Is there an additional step to initiate the posting allowance thing with DRBM or does it happen automatically when I register on BGRS?

Offline AirDet

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2018, 19:06:38 »
Reading all this crap makes me happy this is my retirement posting. The last system was already a disaster and now they've made it even worse. Remember when we used to have Admin Clerks that actually took care of us?
Just because an opinion differs doesn't make it any less valid. Remember those who gave their ALL to guarantee freedom of speech.

Offline kratz

Laughter drives the sun.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2018, 19:19:23 »
Reading all this crap makes me happy this is my retirement posting. The last system was already a disaster and now they've made it even worse. Remember when we used to have Admin Clerks that actually took care of us?

Don't need / want clerks until....I will stop here.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline Lil_T

• Make the DRMIS go away....
  • Rate Post
  • Non-compliance will be met with brute force.
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2018, 19:57:34 »
All - for the move, you should be able to download a DND 483 from the DFC on the dwan. I'm literally 2 weeks into this move process and i'm sick of it already.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Offline stellarpanther

• Rate Post
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2018, 20:07:57 »
I haven't registered yet so I haven't been able to see all the regulations.   Can someone here tell me if I'm allowed 1 or 2 hotel rooms for our DIT.  It will be my wife and I plus our16 year old son.

Offline RubberTree

• Rate Post
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2018, 20:29:06 »
I haven't registered yet so I haven't been able to see all the regulations.   Can someone here tell me if I'm allowed 1 or 2 hotel rooms for our DIT.  It will be my wife and I plus our16 year old son.

The answer you are looking for is in the relocation directive available online without registration.
In short, your are entitled to 2 rooms.
http://www.forces.gc.ca/assets/FORCES_Internet/docs/en/about-policies-standards-benefits-relocation/relocation-directive-2009-2015.pdf

jollyjacktar

« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2018, 20:33:24 »
Shouldn't that be "relocation defective"?

Offline stellarpanther

• Rate Post
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2018, 20:41:26 »
Shouldn't that be "relocation defective"?

I'm actually looking at it now and it is 2 rooms but the last one I can find online is APS 14/15.  I can't imagine it would have changed.  Does anyone have a new version they can post?

Offline kratz

Laughter drives the sun.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2018, 20:46:28 »
Quote from: stellarpanthe
I'm actually looking at it now and it is 2 rooms but the last one I can find online is APS 14/15.  I can't imagine it would have changed.  Does anyone have a new current version they can post?

FTFFY
The current version linked to the BGRS  site is IRP Guide 2015

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline kev994

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2018, 21:35:48 »
Can you get cashback off this card? I’m thinking pull $100 every time you stop at Walmart?

Offline stellarpanther

• Rate Post
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2018, 21:49:23 »
Section 4.2 Planning
4.2.01 Timing
The HHT is to be taken after official notification of posting (for Regular Force)/employment message (for Reserve Force) and normally before COS date (for Regular Force)/commencement date of the period of employment (for Reserve Force). If accommodation has been secured prior to posting notification (for Regular Force)/employment message (for Reserve Force), entitlement is only for a DIT.

This is the policy:

Section 4.2 Planning
4.2.01 Timing
The HHT is to be taken after official notification of posting (for Regular Force)/employment message (for Reserve Force) and normally before COS date (for Regular Force)/commencement date of the period of employment (for Reserve Force). If accommodation has been secured prior to posting notification (for Regular Force)/employment message (for Reserve Force), entitlement is only for a DIT.

Offline Lkjhgfdsa

• Rate Post
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2018, 22:20:22 »
I just finished 5 hours of printing, scanning, uploading, sorting, processing ect...to finalize three claims from our HHT. I like the suggestion for billing BRGS for our work on their behalf.
At least give admin days to and update CFLPM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pusser

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2018, 11:10:28 »
I'm actually looking at it now and it is 2 rooms but the last one I can find online is APS 14/15.  I can't imagine it would have changed.  Does anyone have a new version they can post?

Are you thinking DIT or HHT?  Similar concept, different rules.  Only ONE person travels on a DIT (you OR your spouse), so you only get ONE hotel room. 

Remember, you're not looking for a place on a DIT.  You're only inspecting a place you already own are have been assigned (e.g. a PMQ).  In effect, all you're doing is making sure everything is in order, or as I did on my last one, determine what repairs had to be made before my F&E showed up.
Sure, apes read Nietzsche.  They just don't understand it.

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2018, 14:03:46 »
To all of those currently undergoing a move (i.e. Kratz), please keep this thread alive and keep posting about your experience. I'm going to be getting started with my move soon, and the more experience you can share the better it will be for the rest of us. Thanks in advance, I will try and do the same when my turn comes around (HHT in May is my plan).   :salute:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 14:47:18 by Lumber »
"Aboard his ship, there is nothing outside a captain's control." - Captain Sir Edward Pellew

“Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Death before dishonour! Nothing before coffee!

Offline kratz

Laughter drives the sun.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2018, 14:14:58 »
We submitted:
- Two claims from our HHT and are waiting for BGRS approval to reimburse our out of pocket expenses,
- Once approved, waiting for the funds to arrive on the "food card"  Reloc Visa,
- The CF483: Application to Move F & E emailed yesterday, and
- Movers called to book the house pre-inspection next week.

With the exception of the "food card"  Reloc Visa, the system seems to be working well enough.
The other issues are valid, but not insurmountable.

Offline stellarpanther

• Rate Post
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2018, 16:34:16 »
I was able to register today and start the process (receivved message last Friday).  I think the biggest issue will be learning the system.  I upload my current rental agreement today so hopefully I did that right.

Will my reloc card automatically get mailed out to me?

Offline stellarpanther

• Rate Post
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2018, 19:41:13 »
So I was just surprised at how easy it was to reach a BGRS agent to have all my questions answered. I was only on hold for about 2 minutes at the most.

1. relo card will be sent in approx 5 business days from the time you complete the registraton.

2. we are entitled to 2 hotel rooms for wife and I and son, or book a double room and get $50 per day extra to my personal envelope.

3. can only submit HHT/DIT request within 21 days of your requested time.

4. can request an advance prior to even receiving the card in the mail.  I'm a bit surprised by that because they would be giving you money for something that isn't even approved yet but who knows, maybe she does know her job.

5. car/hotel reservation can be booked on your own or through HRG

Offline kev994

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2018, 20:42:31 »
What about the personalized envelope? If the posting allowance is being paid out by the BOR is the personalized envelope empty/useless?

Offline kratz

Laughter drives the sun.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2018, 20:51:51 »
What about the personalized envelope? If the posting allowance is being paid out by the BOR is the personalized envelope empty/useless?

I don't know.

To answer your question, I just reviewed our profile on the BGRS portal and the only item for the Personalized Envelope is the $650 Movement Grant.
Nothing is listed about the posting allowance. We are still attempting to figure out how to claim bank fees, driver abstracts and Canada post mail forwarding...all items that have been previously claimable on CF moves.

Offline stellarpanther

• Rate Post
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2018, 21:04:20 »
I don't know.

To answer your question, I just reviewed our profile on the BGRS portal and the only item for the Personalized Envelope is the $650 Movement Grant.
Nothing is listed about the posting allowance. We are still attempting to figure out how to claim bank fees, driver abstracts and Canada post mail forwarding...all items that have been previously claimable on CF moves.

I can't see anything for abstracts but I'm wondering if the receipt just needs to be uploaded and it would come out of the core like the other drivers stuff.  I'm thinking if they receive it, they'll sort out where it should come out of.  I may be too trusting of them though. lol

Offline kratz

Laughter drives the sun.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2018, 21:12:54 »
It's easy, simple to upload the receipts...the challenge is attempting to assign the expense based on the limited options available.

Quote from: stellarpanther
I may be too trusting of them though. lol 

BGRS is already behind on trust and losing ground daily.

Offline SF2

• Rate Post
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2018, 06:50:01 »

1)  I thought the posting allowance was paid out by DRBM in Ottawa?  Not the BOR - just want to ensure clarity.  With this regard, I've seen that the posting allowance is issued on COS date automatically - but is there anything we need to do to touch base with that office?  Or by doing the BRGS registration, we are now in the queue to get it?  With that said, I can only assume the personalized folder will account for expenses not covered by core and custom.  Therefore your final posting allowance may shrink based on expenses incurred before your COS date.

2)  I'm a bit unclear how the RELOC card works exactly.  I assumed it just came pre-loaded with the funds you need for the move then you're off to the races.  Not true?  You can either:
a)  Request advance and funds loaded onto card - then submit claim to confirm the expenses; or
b)  Pay out of pocket, submit claim, funds loaded on card to be withdrawn in cash to be transferred to personal accounts

Did I get that right?

Finally, my own questions:
1)  I'm posted between to proximate bases where I plan to POMV everything.  Do I still need to register my family for TIN numbers with HRG?
2)  I read somewhere else to go ahead and request an advance on the $650 grant right away, as no follow up claim is required.  But I can't find the Admin category (its place in that category on the general page) on the Advance Request section to do it.  *EDIT* - I misread the tip - you don't request an advance, instead you submit a claim - and it shows up as one of the options.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 07:04:26 by SF2 »

Offline captloadie

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2018, 08:13:20 »
Has anyone asked if they will even be paying out amounts that are tagged to your personal envelope? I can see them just saying that x item is funded out of your Personal envelope, so because you were issued the entire amount, pay for the expense out of that.

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2018, 08:23:27 »
Finally, my own questions:
1)  I'm posted between to proximate bases where I plan to POMV everything.  Do I still need to register my family for TIN numbers with HRG?

I can help here.

TIN's are only needed when booking through HRG. If you aren't booking flights, through HRG (usually only flights), you don't need a TIN. You can book trains and hotels through HRG as well, but you get a better discount on Trains if you book directly with VIA rail, so DON'T use HRG to book a train.

Second, be careful about taking POMV. Verify that the distance between your two bases is no more than 650km. For your HHT/DIT, you're only entitled to 1 day of travel, which means a max of 650km. Should it be greater than 650km, you'll need to ensure that the extra travel day is either on a weekend, or on a day of annual/stat leave. I'd also be careful in ensuring that Brookfield is aware of your intent to drive POMV so theyh don't accidentally book you a flight when you put your HHT application in.
"Aboard his ship, there is nothing outside a captain's control." - Captain Sir Edward Pellew

“Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Death before dishonour! Nothing before coffee!

Offline AirDet

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2018, 11:22:40 »
Don't need / want clerks until....I will stop here.
Well, I can only offer my personal experience and they always treated me well. I understand others have had different experiences.
Just because an opinion differs doesn't make it any less valid. Remember those who gave their ALL to guarantee freedom of speech.