Author Topic: MP recruiting 2017/18  (Read 48763 times)

Offline garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: MP recruiting 2017/18
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2018, 21:24:43 »
Yeah I'm looking at what I can do online once I'm in, and the do the transfer.

Lunchmeat, could you elaborate a little on portion the educational requirements and the 180 tour.
Never heard that, so it's nice to see there are options.
The current standard for an Occupational Transfer is:

Ideal

Approved diploma or an approved degree AND a valid driver's license.

Acceptable

Secondary school graduation certificate or a secondary V certificate of Quebec AND Two full courses from any program from an approved post-secondary institution OR Two university credit courses completed (in Quebec, four (4) university courses of three (3) credits) in an approved area (Criminal Justice, Criminology, Emergency/Crisis and Disaster Management, Justice Studies, Law, Police Science/Studies, Psychology, Sécurité Publique (Quebec), Sociology.) AND a valid driver's license.

Secondary school graduation certificate or a secondary V certificate of Quebec AND a valid drivers license AND Deployed operational experience (international or domestic) of at leastsix (6) months cumulative OR Must be qualified as a Close Protection Operative (AGGB).

Please note that these standards are reviewed yearly during the Annual Military Occupation Review and may not be what is required when you are eligible to submit an OT request.

Offline danteh

• Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2018, 11:45:14 »
Holy Crap.... a year?  I put mine in at the deadline lol, the academy has been contacting my references and my old supervisors....  just waiting on word on an MPAC. Have you heard anything at all?

Yup put my application in December 2016 for my OT and yesterday I just got a message asking for my background check forms to be handed in to the recruiting cell. Luckily I'm in a good trade right now and I am still getting sent on cool taskings so I honestly can't complain that much. If I was in a holding platoon it would be a totally different story. I think the best thing to come out of the wait was I have had over a year to change my mind and I havn't thought about doing it once so its great reassurance.

Offline WatchDog87

• Rate Post
  • Formerly WEng87
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2018, 23:06:14 »
Yup put my application in December 2016 for my OT and yesterday I just got a message asking for my background check forms to be handed in to the recruiting cell. Luckily I'm in a good trade right now and I am still getting sent on cool taskings so I honestly can't complain that much. If I was in a holding platoon it would be a totally different story. I think the best thing to come out of the wait was I have had over a year to change my mind and I havn't thought about doing it once so its great reassurance.

Well I guess I shouldn’t be holding my breath on hearing anything any time soon...  my application got to Ottawa in Oct and the MP Academy started calling my references in early Nov. I was hoping things were moving along smoothly, but you were waiting for over a year before you heard anything.  But I’m in the same boat as you, I enjoy the trade I’m in.

Offline WestCoastOntarian

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2018, 02:44:25 »
Hey all, first time posting.

I was found 'suitable' for MP a few days back and moving forward in the process. I was told by my MCC that I should hear back in 6-7 weeks for MPAC.

Is this normally how long it takes? I'm super impatient, haha.

I'm also seeing in other forum posts that it truly is MPAC again, and not a BII. Should be interesting for sure!

Might be around these forums a bit more asking questions in the near future. See you around!

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
  • Getting better, stronger, faster.
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2018, 05:45:22 »
Hey all, first time posting.

I was found 'suitable' for MP a few days back and moving forward in the process. I was told by my MCC that I should hear back in 6-7 weeks for MPAC.

Is this normally how long it takes? I'm super impatient, haha.

I'm also seeing in other forum posts that it truly is MPAC again, and not a BII. Should be interesting for sure!

Might be around these forums a bit more asking questions in the near future. See you around!

Im in the same boat as you, as a returning member. Ive read on here and was told by my mcc that mid Feb was the next mpacc..whether or not that means Ill be on it remains to be seen lol. Hurry up and wait is a common term used in the Miliary..you'll see why! Hang in there.
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.

Offline DMC2012

• Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2018, 09:40:36 »
I was contacted by my CFRC a few days ago. They said next MPAC is scheduled for Feb 17&18, 2018. They are aiming to send out invitations to attend starting next week. Best of luck!

Offline WestCoastOntarian

• Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2018, 23:52:38 »
Im in the same boat as you, as a returning member. Ive read on here and was told by my mcc that mid Feb was the next mpacc..whether or not that means Ill be on it remains to be seen lol. Hurry up and wait is a common term used in the Miliary..you'll see why! Hang in there.

That's funny, I was gonna include the "hurry up and wait" in my last post. My best friend is finishing up at RMCC right now and told me that a few years back haha.

Thanks for the info DMC2012. That would be great to get the call for the 17th and 18th. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Offline kratz

Fall: Sweater Weather.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2018, 02:45:22 »
It's a. Perennial answer, but... don't sweat the small stuff.

WWWdBI ?
What Would We do Before Internet?
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline Macgruber

• Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2018, 11:56:30 »
Just curious if anyone has any updates on the next MPAC?

Anyone get confirmations yet?

Offline DMC2012

• Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2018, 13:18:53 »
I haven't heard anything yet. If and when I do, I'll definitely post.

Offline Gazoo362

• Rate Post
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2018, 14:20:19 »
I was given verbal confirmation by my recruiter that I'll be going to MPAC on FEB 17 and 18 in Borden.

Offline Macgruber

• Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2018, 14:26:49 »
I was given verbal confirmation by my recruiter that I'll be going to MPAC on FEB 17 and 18 in Borden.

Congrats, how long ago were you given the verbal?

Offline Gazoo362

• Rate Post
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2018, 14:57:42 »
Congrats, how long ago were you given the verbal?

About a week and a half ago when I called to see if there was any update on my file

Offline Macgruber

• Rate Post
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2018, 11:36:57 »
Good stuff.

Anyone have any idea how long offers come once completed MPAC?

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
  • Getting better, stronger, faster.
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2018, 11:48:29 »
Not sure whats going on with my file, called today to see if there was any news on the mpac...was told by the sgt at the desk that I have to wait for an MP interview? Thought they did away with those? Doubt ill be on this upcoming MPAC, doesnt sound like anyone at the CFRC can give me a definitive answer on whats going on.
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.

Offline FRSQRN

• Rate Post
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2018, 19:47:55 »
MPOAC bound in February. Anyone else?

Misery loves company!

Offline garb811

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2018, 00:19:26 »
Good stuff.

Anyone have any idea how long offers come once completed MPAC?
If you're suitable, your name then goes onto a ranked list based on how you did at MPAC.  If you are near the top of the list, chances are you will get a call from your CFRC within a few weeks with Basic following shortly thereafter. 

If you're lower down, the wait can stretch out much longer.  Some people are suitable but never get the call because if another MPAC runs before you get the call, in all probability you will be bumped down the list by people who performed better than you in the latest MPAC.  They will explain the process to you at MPAC in case something has changed.

Having said that, with the 2 "super" courses for QL3 each year, they are now taking many more direct entry MP at a time, even though it is less frequent.  That means they will go a lot farther down the list from this MPAC than what used to happen in the past when they would be running 4-5 courses of QL3 per year and the intake for each course was smaller. 

I also don't know for sure, but I would guess they are going to reduce the number of MPAC held each year (there used to be 4 a year before the super courses) to synch up with when pers are actually "needed" to go to St Jean in order to be through BMQ, BMQ-L in time for one of the QL3s starting in Jan or Aug.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 00:28:36 by garb811 »

Offline armyhopeful1993

• Rate Post
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2018, 10:57:23 »
MPOAC bound in February. Anyone else?

Misery loves company!

If you don't mind me asking, when did you receive news?

Offline Macgruber

• Rate Post
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2018, 12:10:34 »
If you're suitable, your name then goes onto a ranked list based on how you did at MPAC.  If you are near the top of the list, chances are you will get a call from your CFRC within a few weeks with Basic following shortly thereafter. 

If you're lower down, the wait can stretch out much longer.  Some people are suitable but never get the call because if another MPAC runs before you get the call, in all probability you will be bumped down the list by people who performed better than you in the latest MPAC.  They will explain the process to you at MPAC in case something has changed.

Having said that, with the 2 "super" courses for QL3 each year, they are now taking many more direct entry MP at a time, even though it is less frequent.  That means they will go a lot farther down the list from this MPAC than what used to happen in the past when they would be running 4-5 courses of QL3 per year and the intake for each course was smaller. 

I also don't know for sure, but I would guess they are going to reduce the number of MPAC held each year (there used to be 4 a year before the super courses) to synch up with when pers are actually "needed" to go to St Jean in order to be through BMQ, BMQ-L in time for one of the QL3s starting in Jan or Aug.

Thanks for the information, makes it more clear now

Offline garb811

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2018, 16:44:34 »
You're welcome.  There are a couple of other posts here that talk about MPAC, but I realize it isn't a easy thing to get a grip on, particularly when the process has been in flux over the last year or so as the Branch tried a new way of doing things, and unless the person who you are talking to at your CFRC has dealt with MPAC before, they are unlikely to know what's going on very well either.

Offline FRSQRN

• Rate Post
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2018, 23:37:03 »
If you don't mind me asking, when did you receive news?

Yesterday afternoon.

Offline Gazoo362

• Rate Post
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2018, 20:49:40 »
FRSQRN are you by any chance going to Borden from western Canada

Offline FRSQRN

• Rate Post
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2018, 23:38:35 »
FRSQRN are you by any chance going to Borden from western Canada

Negative, I will have a 2.5hr drive.

Offline Macgruber

• Rate Post
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2018, 13:30:48 »
Curious did anyone from Western Canada receive confirmation they would be attending the MPAC on Feb 17-18?

Offline DMC2012

• Rate Post
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2018, 16:04:29 »
Confirmed this afternoon for MPAC on February 18th in Borden. CFRC is Corner Brook, NL. Anyone else ?