Author Topic: Bringing 'Em Back or Not? (I.D.'ed Cdn ISIS fighters, families, kids?)  (Read 33855 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Freespeecher
Re: Bringing 'Em Back or Not? (I.D.'ed Cdn ISIS fighters, families, kids?)
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2018, 18:53:37 »
There is a spirit as well as the letter of the law....

If we can't openly say "no" then simply remain silent and ignore his pleas.
Dagny, this is not a battle over material goods. It's a moral crisis, the greatest the world has ever faced and the last. Our age is the climax of centuries of evil. We must put an end to it, once and for all, or perish - we, the men of the mind. It was our own guilt. We produced the wealth of the world - but we let our enemies write its moral code.

Offline FSTO

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2018, 20:02:49 »
According to Murray Brewster's twitter, Canadian Diplomats are attempting to contact our the UK's misguided yute.

jollyjacktar

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2018, 20:23:43 »
I hope the Kurds tell them to go pound sand.

Offline Cloud Cover

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2018, 21:00:21 »
Well thats just it, they are "holding" him, so hold a "trial" and do the right thing...
Living the lean life

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2018, 00:36:34 »
https://www.thelocal.se/20180209/kurds-demand-sweden-take-back-its-is-fighters

“The second thing is that if they have committed crimes where they are, they should be put in front of a court there, where there is a possibility of investigating them.”

He denied that Sweden was trying to duck the foreign fighters issue.

“What I want is for people who have committed crimes to face justice in some way or another,” he said.

“It’s important that we can send the signal that if you go to another country to join a terrorist sect and carry out terrible violent acts, that you risk punishment.”

He warned that Sweden had yet to criminalise involvement in a terrorist organisation, making it hard to punish Isis fighters solely for their allegiance to the group.

“Those people have carried out a long list of crimes there, like murder, kidnapping, rape, arson. It’s always more effective to investigate that sort of thing right where it happened.”

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Captured foreign fighters face the death penalty.

jollyjacktar

Sadly, not with us.

Offline Target Up

........pull, patch, and score.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land

Here they get 10.5 mil and a free ipad.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Here they get 10.5 mil and a free ipad.

But at least it wasn't 15 million right? We sure dodged a bullet :)
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline Cloud Cover

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
In Sweden? I hope  the IKEA folding kitchen guillotine does more than slice carrots!
Living the lean life

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
In Sweden? I hope  the IKEA folding kitchen guillotine does more than slice carrots!

Have you read about what's going on in Sweden?

Authorities in Sweden are prosecuting a 70-year-old woman for a hate crime.

Her alleged crime? She wrote on Facebook that she saw migrants defecating in the streets and setting fire to cars.

Offline Cloud Cover

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Coming soon to a street near you...
Living the lean life

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Canadian member of Islamic State caught, but it’s unclear what charges he might face

*fixed link
https://globalnews.ca/news/4526514/canadian-isis-caught-in-turkey/

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 04:34:48 by Jarnhamar »

Offline Old Sweat

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Canadian member of Islamic State caught, but it’s unclear what charges he might face

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/exclusive-canadian-member-of-islamic-state-caught-but-it’s-unclear-what-charges-he-might-face/ar-BBO6WO6

Based on our past performances, a formal apology and a $10.5 million award would be not too far out of line.

Offline Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • This is my son Michael, KIA Afghanistan 3 Sep 08
Maybe sent to a healing lodge to cure him of bad practices.
Freedom Isn't Free   "Never Shall I Fail My Brothers"

“Do everything that is necessary and nothing that is not".

Offline Target Up

........pull, patch, and score.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/exclusive-canadian-member-of-islamic-state-caught-but-it’s-unclear-what-charges-he-might-face/ar-BBO6WO6

No charges, room service and pay-per-view will be complimentary.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
A high-profile Canadian member of the so-called Islamic State has been caught while attempting to return to Canada, Global News has confirmed.

Muhammad Ali, 28, who left Toronto in 2014 to join ISIS, was captured by Kurdish forces as he tried to flee from Syria to Turkey.

Global News interviewed Ali at a makeshift prison where he is being held by the U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces, or SDF, the military alliance that controls northeast Syria.

The former Ryerson University student, who went by Abu Turaab Al-Kanadi, was taken into custody four months ago in Ras al-Ayn, on the Turkish border.

At the time, he was with his Canadian wife, former Vancouver resident Rida Jabbar, and their two children, both born in Syria.

His family is being detained at a camp not far from the prison where Kurdish, American and British officials have been interrogating Ali.

His capture is significant because, aside from serving as a sniper, Ali used social media to encourage others to join ISIS and conduct terrorist attacks .

Well, according to PM Trudeau, ISIS fighters can be “an extraordinarily powerful voice” in Canada...

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Apparently our government (allegedly) proactively reached out to British ISIS fighter of some norioty, Jihadi Jack.

During question period on Tuesday, Conservative Opposition Leader Andrew Scheer asked Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to explain why Canadian officials had reached out to a British 22-year-old with Canadian citizenship who is imprisoned by Kurdish forces in Syria.

“This government proactively reached out to try to bring this individual, who has fought with a terrorist organization, back to Canada. They took it upon themselves to reach out to bring this individual to Canada, why?” Scheer demanded.

Trudeau responded to Scheer’s questions broadly, stating that his government takes “with the utmost seriousness, the threats posed by travelling extremists.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/4557701/andrew-scheer-trudeau-jihadi-jack/amp/

The quote above doesn't do Trudeau's response justice. You really need to see a clip from said question period to see how skilled Trudeau is becoming at deflection.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 11:53:32 by Jarnhamar »

Offline reverse_engineer

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Apparently our government (allegedly) proactively reached out to British ISIS fighter of some norioty, Jihadi Jack.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/4557701/andrew-scheer-trudeau-jihadi-jack/amp/

The quote above doesn't do Trudeau's response justice. You really need to see a clip from said question period to see how skilled Trudeau is becoming at deflection.

I think we should gift the returning fighters to the Yazidis. Justice and diplomacy all at once.

Offline ontheedge

• Rate Post
As much as I’m not a fan of Trudeau, seems like he handled this one correctly. There is obviously an intelligent gathering benefit from having a former extremist spy for Canada within Canada. And that if Jack starts causing trouble we have the tools to watch him closely.

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Quote from: ontheedge
a former extremist spy for Canada within Canada.

Am I missing something here?

And that if Jack starts causing trouble we have the tools to watch him closely.

Lol no thanks. Let's not bring more terrorists into Canada.

Offline NavyShooter

Boaty McBoatface!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Death from a Bar.....one shot, one Tequilla
We should be reaching out to him with an AMAX that's 1/2 inch in diameter...
Insert disclaimer statement here....

:panzer:

Offline reverse_engineer

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post

If feeding them to crocodiles isn’t an option, I guess I’d settle for Canada doing them with a .50

Offline Humphrey Bogart

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post

I can think of a few things we could use to communicate with him:

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
I think Iraq has set the standard for 'severity and celerity', and gender neutrality, here:

'They deserve no mercy': Iraq deals briskly with accused 'women of Isis'

A Baghdad court has sentenced more than 40 foreign women to death after 10-minute hearings

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/22/they-deserve-no-mercy-iraq-deals-briskly-with-accused-women-of-isis
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon