Author Topic: Quotable Quotes  (Read 1980 times)

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
Quotable Quotes
« on: February 21, 2018, 16:31:38 »
Put your quotable quotes here:

"He wrapped himself in quotations—as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of emperors." Rudyard Kipling
"Now listen to me you benighted muckers. We're going to teach you soldiering. The world's noblest profession. When we're done with you, you'll be able to slaughter your enemies like civilized men." Daniel Dravot

Offline X Royal

• Rate Post
Re: Quotable Quotes
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 17:06:00 »
"Beer farts are the worst thing to develop in a relationship, that's unless you feel comfortable blaming noxious odours on your partner." ::)

Offline X Royal

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 17:08:37 »
" fishing is one of the few times you will not have a problem asking a buddy to hold your rod while you take a piss."

jollyjacktar

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 19:04:16 »
" fishing is one of the few times you will not have a problem asking a buddy to hold your rod while you take a piss."

I'm going to tell that one to the fishing guys at the office tomorrow.  But, I'll ask if that's the only occasion.

Offline Grey51

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 21:28:21 »
"Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." - Marcus Aurelius

"In 1917 I was only beginning to learn that life, for the majority of the population, is an unlovely struggle against unfair odds, culminating in a cheap funeral." - Siegfried Sassoon

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 21:42:06 »
“In peace-armies discipline meant the hunt, not of an average but of an absolute; the hundred per cent standard in which the ninety-nine were played down to the level of the weakest man on parade…. The deeper the discipline, the lower was the individual excellence; also the more sure the performance."

– T. E. Lawrence Seven Pillars of Wisdom
"Now listen to me you benighted muckers. We're going to teach you soldiering. The world's noblest profession. When we're done with you, you'll be able to slaughter your enemies like civilized men." Daniel Dravot