Author Topic: NCM vs Officer enrollment  (Read 8322 times)

Offline ontheedge

• Rate Post
Re: NCM vs Officer enrollment
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 23:59:25 »
Bon- pas exactement necessaire, par ce que je suis ne a Quebec... mais je ne sais pas si mes deux entrevue jai mentione cela... Merci pour le "tip" quand meme.  ;-)

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2018, 10:23:48 »
Okay so let’s say I decide to wait it out. Wait for an officer role to open up. What can I do while I’m waiting?  Any courses open to the public or those on competition list?  Does it make me valuable if I get proficient in the use of firearms by eg taking pistol certification courses?

Without knowing much actual details (your education levels/areas, work experience, CFAT results, etc etc) other than the trade you are interested in doesn't hire very many people, I'd still recommend talking with your file manager/MCC, etc at the CFRC to discuss with them what you could do to make your file more competitive.  They know the details here we don't, and IMO would be the best people to advise you on "what can I do while I'm waiting?".

And...good luck!  It can be a frustrating process, unfortunately.
Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.

Offline paleomedic

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2018, 15:11:29 »
Bon- pas exactement necessaire, par ce que je suis ne a Quebec... mais je ne sais pas si mes deux entrevue jai mentione cela... Merci pour le "tip" quand meme.  ;-)

Il y a des Anglophones qui sont nés aux Québec aussi, vous savez.

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2018, 16:31:24 »
Okay so let’s say I decide to wait it out. Wait for an officer role to open up. What can I do while I’m waiting?  Any courses open to the public or those on competition list?  Does it make me valuable if I get proficient in the use of firearms by eg taking pistol certification courses?

Are you attempting to enrol PRes or Reg Force? Army, or Navy? (or Air force)... and trade?
"Aboard his ship, there is nothing outside a captain's control." - Captain Sir Edward Pellew

“Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Death before dishonour! Nothing before coffee!

Offline ontheedge

• Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2018, 16:55:00 »
Hey Eye in the Sky!  Thank you for your upbeat and positive message. Much appreciated. This is PRes. I’ll messge you as I don’t want to give too much detail in case there are relevant lurkers.