Author Topic: Drugs thread - previous use, testing, etc..[MERGED]  (Read 483341 times)

Offline 7thghoul

• Rate Post
  • CF Applicant
Re: Drugs thread - previous use, testing, etc..[MERGED]
« Reply #1225 on: July 26, 2017, 10:43:50 »
Was reading through the earlier pages of this thread and came across a post saying nicotine and caffeine are on the past drug use form. I don't remember seeing them though? Does anyone know if they are there and if so should I call my CFRC and ask them to update my file for coffee drinking daily and red bulls sometimes + smoking cigarettes?
Recruiting Centre: New Westminister, BC
Regular/ Reserve: Reg
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: ACISS
Trade Choice 2: V-Tech
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Online Application: June 16th 2017
First Contact: June 22nd 2017
CFAT: July 18th 2017 (Passed)
Pre-Sec Clearance: -
Medical: -
Interview: -
Position offered: -
Swearing in: -
BMQ: -

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Drugs thread - previous use, testing, etc..[MERGED]
« Reply #1226 on: July 26, 2017, 11:05:15 »
Was reading through the earlier pages of this thread and came across a post saying nicotine and caffeine are on the past drug use form.

There are 1225 posts in this discussion. For reference, can you tell us which one you are referring to?
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline 7thghoul

• Rate Post
  • CF Applicant
Re: recruiting and prior drug use
« Reply #1227 on: July 26, 2017, 15:17:56 »
Yes you have to sign a declaration stating which drugs you‘ve used (including caffine, nicotine..ect.) how many times you used/use and then you sign the bottom stating that which you have written is truthful to the best of your knowledge. Oh and after you sign this in the case you get caught using you can/could be charged federaly and you can ruin your chances of ever getting into the army again.
Hope that helps some. Oh and make sure you tell the truth its really not worth the puishment, if your caught lying. I know they do the initale pee test at your medical but do they do another after you‘ve started Basic...just curious

This was the post I was referring to.

I did however call a file manager this morning and he told me not to worry about it. Figured I'd ask in the interest of being transparent in that I didn't want to seem like I was omitting anything, which he said was fine and again to not worry as they really only look for non-prescribed and illegal narcotic use.
Recruiting Centre: New Westminister, BC
Regular/ Reserve: Reg
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: ACISS
Trade Choice 2: V-Tech
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Online Application: June 16th 2017
First Contact: June 22nd 2017
CFAT: July 18th 2017 (Passed)
Pre-Sec Clearance: -
Medical: -
Interview: -