Author Topic: Gagetown / Oromocto - Could it use a Gaming / Hobby Store?  (Read 685 times)

Offline Mikisew01

• Rate Post
So I am looking to my future medical release from the Regular Force and was wondering what the appetite for a gaming store would be if placed in the Oromocto area.  It would supply Games Workshop, Magic: The Gathering, and a variety of other wargaming and hobby supplies.  I think the closest one of this type is in Fredericton (Gamezilla) so was thinking our military population would like one closer.

Offline runormal

• Rate Post
Re: Gagetown / Oromocto - Could it use a Gaming / Hobby Store?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 20:33:36 »
So I am looking to my future medical release from the Regular Force and was wondering what the appetite for a gaming store would be if placed in the Oromocto area.  It would supply Games Workshop, Magic: The Gathering, and a variety of other wargaming and hobby supplies.  I think the closest one of this type is in Fredericton (Gamezilla) so was thinking our military population would like one closer.

What advantage do you have over buying something online?

Offline Underway

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 21:01:11 »
What advantage do you have over buying something online?

The main advantage a gaming store has is that it's a place to go and game.  Many ppl support their FNGS because of the events that they do and the community they build.  MTG is a perfect example.  You can order all the cards you want online but going into the store is where you generally play the tournaments.

But it is a hard row to hoe.

Offline gazorpazorpfield

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 00:02:50 »
Is possible to keep your wargaming hobby if youre in the CAF? Im still deciding if i should sell off my entire collection before I eventually join. Is there a sizeable wargaming community within the CAF?
Recruiting Centre: Regina (SK)
Entry plan: Regular DEO
Choice 1: PILOT (Dropped)
Choice 2: MARS/NWO
Choice 3: ARMOUR OFFICER

Applied:        07/31/17
First Contact: 08/03/17
CFAT/TSD:    08/24/17
Medical:        11/16/17
MOST:          03/09/18
Interview:     03/09/18
Medical supplementary forms submitted: 11/22/17
Merit Listed:  03/12/18
Position Offered:
Swearing In:
BMOQ:

Offline Mikisew01

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 13:07:50 »
A high population of gamers for these type of games are military. In Wainwright the store there is about 50 percent military customer base.

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 16:31:07 »
Is possible to keep your wargaming hobby if youre in the CAF? Im still deciding if i should sell off my entire collection before I eventually join. Is there a sizeable wargaming community within the CAF?

There are a lot of Magic-playing, Catan collecting, D&D addicted, Risk-loving and  other various devoted board-game (war-gaming and otherwise) aficionados in the CAF. You’ll probably be quite surprised if that’s your thing. CAF has a very diverse population who enjoy many varied hobbies.
"Stop worrying about getting back to who you were before it all went wrong. To heal is to understand that the person you've since become is the one who's most capable of doing whatever it is you were put here to do."~SR

Offline gazorpazorpfield

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 20:17:41 »
Makes sense that military people are also wargamers. I have a lot of wh40k minis to move in case i bring them. Probably store them somewhere until i get a permanent posting then i can bring them over?
Recruiting Centre: Regina (SK)
Entry plan: Regular DEO
Choice 1: PILOT (Dropped)
Choice 2: MARS/NWO
Choice 3: ARMOUR OFFICER

Applied:        07/31/17
First Contact: 08/03/17
CFAT/TSD:    08/24/17
Medical:        11/16/17
MOST:          03/09/18
Interview:     03/09/18
Medical supplementary forms submitted: 11/22/17