Author Topic: Div patch on cadpat  (Read 14871 times)

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • CFSME STAFF
Re: Div patch on cadpat
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2018, 10:13:21 »
I know for Army (CADPAT) it will be:

Left shoulder:
Canada Flag and up to 2 Specialty Badges

Right shoulder:
Divisional Patch and Brigade Patch.

Army policy that addresses CADPAT uniform wear rolls out
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 10:31:48 by NFLD Sapper »
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2018, 10:16:19 »
Probably NAVRES BMQ? I've never seen the Ensign on CADPAT, only thought it was supposed to be on NCDs as one of the 18 things that say Navy so people don't forget.

Offline CanadianTire

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2018, 12:36:16 »
We recently received our manufactured DIV patches for combats. They are NOT simply the DEU div patches backed with Velcro. No, we had to go all-out for these ones...they are the dimensions of the large Canadian flag patch, but the div colour is smaller and bordered on all four sides by CADPAT. So if/when we make the switch to another camo pattern, these will all have to be turned in and new ones will have to be issued.

I haven't received one yet, so I don't have a photo of one.
"Theirs not to reason why/Theirs but to do and die." - Tennyson

Offline Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2018, 12:47:14 »
Seen it here.

Looks like hot garbage.  especially the brigade patch.
Optio

Online dangerboy

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2018, 12:48:38 »
We recently received our manufactured DIV patches for combats. They are NOT simply the DEU div patches backed with Velcro. No, we had to go all-out for these ones...they are the dimensions of the large Canadian flag patch, but the div colour is smaller and bordered on all four sides by CADPAT. So if/when we make the switch to another camo pattern, these will all have to be turned in and new ones will have to be issued.

I haven't received one yet, so I don't have a photo of one.

Here is a DWAN link to a document that shows the patches http://materiel.mil.ca/assets/MAT_Intranet/docs/en/joint-common-clothing-small-arms/garrison-bridage-patches.pdf
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time.
- Lt Gen Lewis B. Puller, USMC

Online sidemount

• Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2018, 14:02:40 »
Canex sells them, plus all the other authorized patches.

http://www.canex.ca/military/cadpat-gear/4th-cdn-division-badge.html
Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell

Online Max Power

• Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2018, 14:24:13 »
$9!! No thanks.  When they want me to wear it, they'll get around to issuing it.
"Any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank." - Peter Griffin

Online Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2018, 14:28:28 »
Why didn't they just make it without the cadpat border?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 15:19:31 by Lumber »
"Aboard his ship, there is nothing outside a captain's control." - Captain Sir Edward Pellew

“Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Death before dishonour! Nothing before coffee!

Offline MCG

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2018, 15:05:28 »
$9!! No thanks.  When they want me to wear it, they'll get around to issuing it.
I find it disappointing that we have been able to create the opportunity for soldiers to give money to Canex faster than we were able to distribute the same product to which they are entitled at crown expense.

In other thoughts: since the Bde patches are always worn together on the same spot of Velcro, why are they not produced as one piece?  And if we are going all authentic, should members of the Div HQ not be wearing a smaller white rectangle superimposed across the centre of the coloured div rectangle?

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2018, 16:41:06 »
I find it disappointing that we have been able to create the opportunity for soldiers to give money to Canex faster than we were able to distribute the same product to which they are entitled at crown expense.

In other thoughts: since the Bde patches are always worn together on the same spot of Velcro, why are they not produced as one piece?  And if we are going all authentic, should members of the Div HQ not be wearing a smaller white rectangle superimposed across the centre of the coloured div rectangle?

And should we not also be producing and issuing white flag patches to our enemies? ;)
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2018, 16:58:11 »
Why didn't they just make it without the cadpat border?

Obviously to cash in on those who'll have to buy new patches if/when we switch patterns  :nod:
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Offline Eagle Eye View

• Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2018, 18:09:39 »
Sadly the CA is not the only element switching patches very 5 years. From the brief we got, the RCAF is reverting back to the “only green” patches for the flight suits. The Div order should be release shortly. Here’s to another $40 of patches for the uniform.
Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.

John F. Kennedy

Online sidemount

• Rate Post
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2018, 18:25:37 »
How about the RCAF to go back to a rank style that actually has stitching that can be recognized from more than a foot away.
They are more tactical than the Army's high vis that you can read from a km out.

I'm happy to still cling on to some old style combats that don't have the velcro on the sleeves.
Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2018, 19:22:10 »
The Army paid untold millions to develop an effective camouflage system, then paid thousands to make a set of ranks that would be visible on that camouflage.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Infanteer

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • Honey Badger FTW!
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2018, 19:42:35 »
...which doesn't really matter because you wear body armour over that rank patch anyways.... :D
"Overall it appears that much of the apparent complexity of modern war stems in practice from the self-imposed complexity of modern HQs" LCol J.P. Storr

Online sidemount

• Rate Post
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2018, 19:50:07 »
Until we start wearing velcro rank on on the sleeves while in the field

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2018, 19:51:33 »
Sadly the CA is not the only element switching patches very 5 years. From the brief we got, the RCAF is reverting back to the “only green” patches for the flight suits. The Div order should be release shortly. Here’s to another $40 of patches for the uniform.

FFS, what's the reason this time?  We take them off when we go somewhere even potentially bad.  Do people not understand the point of velcro?
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2018, 19:56:32 »
FFS, what's the reason this time?  We take them off when we go somewhere even potentially bad.  Do people not understand the point of velcro?

New Comdr and new Comd CWO...don't throw your current ones out, because in 2 years.... ;D
Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2018, 20:57:10 »
New Comdr and new Comd CWO...don't throw your current ones out, because in 2 years.... ;D

...I'll be posted?   ;)

Offline medicineman

• Well stuck into my new job and thoroughly enjoying it.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • In Arduis Fidelis
    • Fed By The Firehose
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2018, 21:53:25 »
So many stupid people, not enough live ammo...because of stupid people spending money on stupid ideas.  On the bright side, nobody can shoot hte stupid people, since there isn't any live ammo.

MM

MM

Remember the basics of Medicine - "Pink is GOOD, Blue is BAD, Air goes in AND out, Blood Goes Round and Round"

I may sound like a pessimist, but I am a realist.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2018, 22:25:45 »
So many stupid people, not enough live ammo...because of stupid people spending money on stupid ideas.  On the bright side, nobody can shoot hte stupid people, since there isn't any live ammo.

MM

Nice. You're bucking for 'Yossarian' right there :)

"They have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing." Joseph Heller
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Online FSTO

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2018, 05:46:29 »
Probably NAVRES BMQ? I've never seen the Ensign on CADPAT, only thought it was supposed to be on NCDs as one of the 18 things that say Navy so people don't forget.

Funny because it's true. :facepalm:

Offline CountDC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2018, 16:12:33 »
The other day I saw a picture of navy recruits in CADPAT but instead of the Canadian Flag on the left shoulder, they had the Naval Ensign.
Is this a thing? 

I'm navy, wear CADPAT and have the Canadian Flag on my shoulder.  Is there a reg/policy I'm missing?

Maybe, depending on where you work and your job, this canforgen:   http://vcds.mil.ca/apps/canforgens/default-eng.asp?id=198-09&type=canforgen

ACCORDINGLY, CF MEMBERS ENTITLED TO THE NAVAL DISTINCTIVE ENVIRONMENTAL UNIFORM (DEU) ARE HEREBY DIRECTED TO WEAR NAVAL COMBAT DRESS (NCD) IN LIEU OF CADPAT, WHERE THE CADPAT IS PERMITTED BY COMDS AND CO S AS THE DRESS OF THE DAY. EXCEPTIONS TO THIS CANFORGEN ARE PERMITTED FOR VALID OPERATIONAL REASONS ONLY, INCL EMPL IN ACTUAL FIELD OPS, FIELD TRG ACTIVITIES OR OTHER APPROVED TRG SITUATIONS

Working at an army unit in an office does not qualify as valid reason despite the attempts to have me wear cadpat. 
"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power....the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix [1942-1970]

Offline tree hugger

• Hug a Betula allegeniensis.
  • Rate Post
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2018, 09:25:50 »
Maybe, depending on where you work and your job, this canforgen:   http://vcds.mil.ca/apps/canforgens/default-eng.asp?id=198-09&type=canforgen

ACCORDINGLY, CF MEMBERS ENTITLED TO THE NAVAL DISTINCTIVE ENVIRONMENTAL UNIFORM (DEU) ARE HEREBY DIRECTED TO WEAR NAVAL COMBAT DRESS (NCD) IN LIEU OF CADPAT, WHERE THE CADPAT IS PERMITTED BY COMDS AND CO S AS THE DRESS OF THE DAY. EXCEPTIONS TO THIS CANFORGEN ARE PERMITTED FOR VALID OPERATIONAL REASONS ONLY, INCL EMPL IN ACTUAL FIELD OPS, FIELD TRG ACTIVITIES OR OTHER APPROVED TRG SITUATIONS

Working at an army unit in an office does not qualify as valid reason despite the attempts to have me wear cadpat. 

Don't think you see the mental picture - my confusion wasn't CADPAT vice NCDs - it was the face the pers in the image were CADPAT with naval ensign in lieu of the Canadian Flag.
Always behave like a duck.   Remain cool and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the dickens underneath.

Offline CountDC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2018, 12:44:07 »
got that but also noted you are navy wearing cadpat which in the majority of cases (high 90%) that I see this the navy person is supposed to wear NCDs.  I worry more about the fact that we have mbrs wearing completely wrong uniforms rather than ensign versus flag.

"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power....the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix [1942-1970]