Author Topic: CANFORGEN 168/18 (aka PATCHFORGEN) [Merged]  (Read 22101 times)

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
Re: CANFORGEN 168/18 (aka PATCHFORGEN) [Merged]
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2018, 15:58:31 »
But if you put the sleeves down how are you going to get a great "farmer's tan"?

Wait, that's what people *want* these days?

Millennials, I tell ya.   :rofl:
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Offline FSTO

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2018, 16:19:52 »
Wait, that's what people *want* these days?

Millennials, I tell ya.   :rofl:

Heaven forbid they actually went outside and did some actual work to get the sunburned arms.

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2018, 08:10:13 »
But if you put the sleeves down how are you going to get a great "farmer's tan"?
Leaders set the example;  the farmer's tan starts at mid-forearm... if you're cool.   :nod:

Offline FSTO

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2018, 08:31:26 »
Leaders set the example;  the farmer's tan starts at mid-forearm... if you're cool.   :nod:

My late father who was an actual farmer rocked the best tan. I still remember the one time I saw him at our local beach wearing a swimsuit. From just above the elbow to his finger tips the tan was a very very dark brown. Same with the face as the tan started about an inch from the top of the eye brows. On the other hand, his torso, legs and forehead were so white he reflected the sunlight!

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2018, 11:48:37 »
AKA CFSME students at Earthquake Annie's in the '90s.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2018, 17:20:03 »
Since we're on the subject of sleeve rolling.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkLrahyKxA8
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline OceanBonfire

• Rate Post
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2019, 15:29:15 »
The Canadian Flag is on the Left side so they aren't just ditching the Canadian Flag. If Navy Pers are in CADPAT, why not have the Ensign in place of the Div patch. If we are going all "patchy" what difference does it make.

Some with the Canada flag on the right side/arm as shown in this picture:

https://www.facebook.com/CAFOperations/photos/pcb.2447161661977801/2447160965311204
Recruiting Center: Montreal
Regular/Reserve: Regular Force
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Occupation choice: Logistics Officer
Current application: March 28, 2017
CFAT: Previously completed in November 2011
Interview: July 11, 2017
Medical: August 2017
Competition list: October/November 2017
Position Offered: May 25, 2018
Swearing In: August 21, 2018
BMOQ: August 25, 2018
BMOQ Graduation: November 16, 2018

Offline sidemount

• Rate Post
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2019, 18:48:21 »
I've seen so many different variations since my post back in Nov that I really don't know what to make of it anymore.
Standardization seems to be right out the window, but I guess that doesn't matter these days.
Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2019, 11:27:55 »
For the RCAF folks, if you didn't know you should hear that the CADO (1-106) has been released for how things will be worn.  Looks like it made sense to me.  The 4 x 2 Cdn flag will only be worn on the left side, that includes the ECU, CCR (raingear)...not sure if the other environments and commands are adopting the same standard.
Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2019, 16:32:37 »
For the RCAF folks, if you didn't know you should hear that the CADO (1-106) has been released for how things will be worn.  Looks like it made sense to me.  The 4 x 2 Cdn flag will only be worn on the left side, that includes the ECU, CCR (raingear)...not sure if the other environments and commands are adopting the same standard.

Is that the one that authorized, then de-authorized, the wings on sleeves of new CADPAT?
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2019, 18:24:26 »
Is that the one that authorized, then de-authorized, the wings on sleeves of new CADPAT?

Nope, they are authorized on both the ECU and the CCR (Converged CADPAT raingear).  The patches auth on the raingear are the exact same as those on the newer CADPAT (ECU), which is para 18 of the CADO.

Offline OceanBonfire

• Rate Post
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2019, 22:17:14 »
Recruiting Center: Montreal
Regular/Reserve: Regular Force
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Occupation choice: Logistics Officer
Current application: March 28, 2017
CFAT: Previously completed in November 2011
Interview: July 11, 2017
Medical: August 2017
Competition list: October/November 2017
Position Offered: May 25, 2018
Swearing In: August 21, 2018
BMOQ: August 25, 2018
BMOQ Graduation: November 16, 2018

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2019, 22:20:16 »
Air Force personnel with the flag on the right side:

That's OK. They're in the Middle East where, you know, they read Arabic from right to left :)
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline CanadianTire

• Rate Post
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2019, 12:25:01 »
Maybe they think they're still in KAF? Or they forgot their IFF?

Although technically they do have the flag on the left...

"Theirs not to reason why/Theirs but to do and die." - Tennyson

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2019, 17:13:42 »

CJOC has...different DIs than the RCAF.  I wasn't allowed to wear my Heraldic crest when I was cut over to CJOC; it's not an optional badge in the CADO IIRC.

Then there's that Ch 1, Para 8 stuff from CFP 265... :whistle:

8)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 18:03:49 by Eye In The Sky »

Offline FSTO

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2019, 07:43:17 »
Ok, I'll just leave this one here...https://www.facebook.com/saceur/photos/a.1691482787768602/2189059468010929/?type=3&theater

So the stars are for the Americans to know he's a Major General? They can't figure that out with the two leaves?  :facepalm:

Offline Pusser

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2019, 09:50:54 »
Ok, I'll just leave this one here...https://www.facebook.com/saceur/photos/a.1691482787768602/2189059468010929/?type=3&theater

Absolutely disgraceful.  Not only is it insulting for the CAF to be "Americanizing" it's uniform, it also doesn't say much about the intelligence of our allies, that they can't figure out other nations' rank insignia.
Sure, apes read Nietzsche.  They just don't understand it.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2019, 10:23:01 »
Absolutely disgraceful.  Not only is it insulting for the CAF to be "Americanizing" it's uniform, it also doesn't say much about the intelligence of our allies, that they can't figure out other nations' rank insignia.

When we hide in the elephant's shadow, we shouldn't be surprised when we can't see the light. :)

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2019, 13:06:02 »

In true Canadian fashion, we probably took that idea off the Brits who did it in Desert Storm (I think).

Offline Old Sweat

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2019, 13:20:36 »
In true Canadian fashion, we probably took that idea off the Brits who did it in Desert Storm (I think).

I believe 13 Brigade wore both Canadian and American badges of rank in the Aleutian campaign in 1943.

Offline CanadianTire

• Rate Post
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2019, 13:31:02 »
Back to the issue of Div patches, I noticed that CP Gear now offers wool DEU Div patches (meaning no CADPAT, just the div colour patch) and the default is to have them Velcro back. While this makes sense to me, I wonder how long before someone gets in trouble for wearing that on combats?

http://www.cpgear.com/create_products/Division-Patches-Wool-?c=5024397&dp=2&n=83303857
"Theirs not to reason why/Theirs but to do and die." - Tennyson

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Dammit! I lost my sand-wedge on that last jump!
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2019, 15:16:48 »
EITS, in your haste to point out the oppression of the proletariat, you forgot to highlight Para 6 in your extract from the 265...you know, the part where Gen Vance authorizes LGen Rouleau (a Commander of a Command) to apply a policy as operationally appropriate, whereby CAF elements are appropriately identifiable in an operational (coalition in this case) environment. People can get all hot under the collar and insinuate that MGen Fortin is just making s*** up, but you’ll probably see such policy-compliant (Para 6 and Section 5-D-2 again) accommodation in coalition environments to aid others to clearly understand positional/rank structure. Just because MGen Fortin has the same number of leaves on his slip-on doesn’t mean that coalition members understand a Leaf and a star has a direct 1:1 mapping (although leaves are more intuitive to a wide coalition audience than swords, crowns and pips were.  I do hope you get the opportunity in a theatre town hall or the like to state your discontent of his application of the CFP265 to LGen Rouleau.

:2c:

Regards
G2G

Offline LunchMeat

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2019, 15:50:47 »
EITS, in your haste to point out the oppression of the proletariat, you forgot to highlight Para 6 in your extract from the 265...you know, the part where Gen Vance authorizes LGen Rouleau (a Commander of a Command) to apply a policy as operationally appropriate, whereby CAF elements are appropriately identifiable in an operational (coalition in this case) environment. People can get all hot under the collar and insinuate that MGen Fortin is just making s*** up, but you’ll probably see such policy-compliant (Para 6 and Section 5-D-2 again) accommodation in coalition environments to aid others to clearly understand positional/rank structure. Just because MGen Fortin has the same number of leaves on his slip-on doesn’t mean that coalition members understand a Leaf and a star has a direct 1:1 mapping (although leaves are more intuitive to a wide coalition audience than swords, crowns and pips were.  I do hope you get the opportunity in a theatre town hall or the like to state your discontent of his application of the CFP265 to LGen Rouleau.

:2c:

Regards
G2G

I was going to say something along the lines of "Bro, chill" but you did it much better.

The black on tan is the new deal as a High Vis system for the Arid uniforms. They are available for all ranks and elements. You can see everyone involved with CTF150 in Bahrain wearing them, from Corporal to Commodore. However, just like the initial rollout of the Army High Vis rank and nametapes, there is not enough to go around for everyone.

Additionally, that photo ETIS posted of the RCAF Commander and his Chief giving the Door Gunner badge, they were coming from Canada, wearing whatever they had issued to them. Comd RCAF had lost his luggage and borrowed a uniform on the ground. There were no rank insignia or nametapes available to him.
"The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” ~General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2019, 16:09:01 »
...Additionally, that photo ETIS posted of the RCAF Commander and his Chief giving the Door Gunner badge, they were coming from Canada, wearing whatever they had issued to them. Comd RCAF had lost his luggage and borrowed a uniform on the ground. There were no rank insignia or nametapes available to him.

Absolutely, LM! Comd RCAF and I went through basic training together a few years ago...you won’t find a “straighter arrow” in the whole CAF than LGen Meinzinger.  That said, I bet you his ADC will always have a back-up set of name tag and slip-on from now on. ;)

Regards
G2G

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2019, 18:24:50 »
Since the CFP-265 is widely regarded as the most kept-up-to-date document in the CAF, you must be right that LGen Rouleau has no authority.  This is indeed a travesty and really should be a key item for the CDS’ daily OGp, leaving lesser important issues such as Departmental responses to ATIP requests and recruiting and retention to be addressed at a later date.

[/sarc]

G2G