Author Topic: Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular  (Read 910858 times)

Offline RyanJGautreau

• Rate Post
Re: Component Transfers (Reserve to Regular): Q&A
« Reply #1425 on: January 28, 2020, 00:46:07 »
So I got word from the broker that I was suppose to have the offer before the holidays but the questions that the broker  sent was to the wrong person in the OR, or that is what the Chief clerk said at least. So the answers where not returned back till after the holidays. The questions where like do I have upcoming charges that they dont know about am I still interested in Reg, etc. So I called my broker and he said that offer was suppose to be before the holidays but because it took so long to get the response he has to contact the gaining unit for a position number does any one have insight on this type of situation?
Ryan Gautreau

Offline RyanJGautreau

• Rate Post
Component Transfer Pres to Reg same Trade
« Reply #1426 on: January 29, 2020, 10:31:02 »
  So I got word from the broker that I was suppose to have the offer before the holidays but the questions that the broker  sent was to the wrong person in the OR, or that is what the Chief clerk said at least. So the answers where not returned back till after the holidays. The questions where like do I have upcoming charges that they don't  know about am I still interested in Reg, etc. So I called my broker and he said that offer was suppose to be before the holidays but because it took so long to get the response he has to contact the gaining unit for a position number does any one have insight on this type of situation?

Ryan Gautreau

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular
« Reply #1427 on: January 29, 2020, 10:38:45 »
RyanJGautreau

• You will not spam the boards. This is usually described as making the same post over and over, or the same post to multiple forums or threads.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Army.ca Staff

Offline TheSnake

• Rate Post
« Reply #1428 on: July 04, 2020, 23:13:34 »
If you Release/Quit from Res with doing/passing BMQ and then release and then rejoining the CAF into a different trade do you have to re do bmq?

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #1429 on: July 05, 2020, 22:21:10 »
If you Release/Quit from Res with doing/passing BMQ and then release and then rejoining the CAF into a different trade do you have to re do bmq?

BMQ is "pan-CAF"...the real question is how long between release/re-joining and if the BMQ you did will equate to a "Recruit School Bypass" or whatever it is called now;  that would depend on when you did the BMQ.

Those types of PLARs are common, and would happen in the background when you applied to the Reg Force.

Offline CBH99

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1430 on: July 05, 2020, 22:33:35 »

Typically speaking, your BMQ is good for 5 years.  Meaning if you get out of the military and then choose to rejoin, you should get a BMQ bypass as long as it is within 5 years.

That being said, there are other factors at play.  How long were you in for?  How qualified were you?  Any tours or operational experience?  etc etc.

As I said, TYPICALLY, the limit is 5 years. 

That may or may not apply to you, depending on your individual circumstances.  (For example, if all you ever did was BMQ and then get out, that limit may be less than 5 years, or may not apply at all.)   Best to consult your file manager prior to getting out, or with your file manager when rejoining.
Fortune Favours the Bold...and the Smart.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some Boondock Saints kicking around?