Author Topic: MP Elizabeth May pleads guilty to contempt of court  (Read 181 times)

jollyjacktar

MP Elizabeth May pleads guilty to contempt of court
« on: May 29, 2018, 15:49:34 »
Speaking of stoopid and green, what fine did Ms May get for pleading guilty the other day?

Offline Altair

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: MP Elizabeth May pleads guilty to contempt of court
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 15:53:20 »
And, hopefully, one of the things that will be 'through' as a result is the stoopid NDP-Green co-government in BC.
Speaking of stoopid and green, what fine did Ms May get for pleading guilty the other day?
https://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,127903.0.html

Examples of unacceptable posts:
Justin Trudeau and his bunch of clowns...
Arsehole Donald Trump....
Kathleen Wynne is an evil witch....
Someday I'll care about milpoints.

Offline Retired AF Guy

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 16:53:15 »

$1500.00. Her lawyer thought $500.00 like the rest of the protesters was sufficient. The judge, however decided that because she was not only a lawyer, but also a Member of Parliament she should have known better. Therefore a heavy fine was necessary.
Years ago, fairy tales all began with, "Once upon a time." Now we know they all began with, "If I'm elected."

Carolyn Warner

jollyjacktar

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 17:08:51 »
$1500.00. Her lawyer thought $500.00 like the rest of the protesters was sufficient. The judge, however decided that because she was not only a lawyer, but also a Member of Parliament she should have known better. Therefore a heavy fine was necessary.
Thank you.  That was a rather stupid thing for a Member of Parliament to be doing.  They make the laws and set the example, breaking the law is a stupid example to be making.  I am glad the judge came down harder, perhaps to the point of hurting might be a better deterrent in future.