Author Topic: Enrolling into CIC (ERC Question)  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Banbeta

• Rate Post
Enrolling into CIC (ERC Question)
« on: June 15, 2018, 20:27:53 »
I have done some reading on this issue, but couldn't find the answer to my question.

I've submitted all my paperwork for enrollment into the CAF, however I've already completed a ERC with the CF, will I need to do another one with the enrollment or no because they already have one in my file and its not even 3 months old

Offline Banbeta

• Rate Post
Re: Security Check/Level Superthread [MERGED]
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 22:48:52 »
Hello,

I've submitted all my paperwork for enrollment into the CAF, however I've already completed a ERC with the CF (that is active, as I am working as a civi) will I need to do another one with the enrollment or no because they already have one in my file and its not even 3 months old

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: Security Check/Level Superthread [MERGED]
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 03:21:44 »
Hello,

I've submitted all my paperwork for enrollment into the CAF, however I've already completed a ERC with the CF (that is active, as I am working as a civi) will I need to do another one with the enrollment or no because they already have one in my file and its not even 3 months old

As a civilian, your Clearance may have been processed by PSPC and not through DND at all. 

In all likelihood you will have to do another Clearance, as you will have to apply for a Lvl II Clearance eventually.

Be prepared.  Ensure you have all your information ready, in the case that you will have to resubmit.   

Keep your copies for your next filing (update) in ten years (for Lvl II) or five years (for Lvl III)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 03:45:07 by George Wallace »
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
Re: Enrolling into CIC (ERC Question)
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 12:14:47 »
All security checks for DND/CAF are now performed by the Personnel Security Screening Office (PSSO, not their official acronym, just using it for ease of posting) which is part of the Military Police Group HQ in Ottawa (formally DPM Secur).

The only difference is that CAF members have their clearances saved in webSCPS v2.0; and Civilians have the USS of their unit send everything hard copy to PSSO.  Realistically your ERC should be able to be transfered, but even with that said you'll still need to a Security Clearance request at some point in time which requires more detailed information than the ERC.