Author Topic: Mexican News  (Read 8061 times)

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: Mexican News
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2018, 10:16:16 »

Are you talking about illegal Mexicans in  Canada?
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline Altair

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2018, 10:18:56 »
Are you talking about illegal Mexicans in  Canada?
No, I'm talking about illegal Mexicans in California, as was the topic of conversation, and what all the angst is about.
Someday I'll care about milpoints.

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2018, 10:24:09 »
I was confused when you said

And those here legally aren't at risk at being rounded up and deported, and probably have little sympathy for those here illegally

Offline Altair

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2018, 10:27:59 »
I was confused when you said
I forgot a T

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2018, 10:51:34 »
You forgot it twice. Are you sure you're not experiencing a bit of nationality creep?

Offline CloudCover

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2018, 10:53:51 »
Please elaborate on that point.

Unless you live in California.

There is no such direct threat. But, see below where there is apparently growing support for Cali to succeed from the Union through a voting process. I suppose it could be implied that a large immigrant base from Mexico could tip the numbers in favor of success of that initiative.  The movement, however is being driven out of a desire to hurt Trump, not become part of Mexico.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-secession-ballot-initiative-organizers-signatures/
... Move!! ...

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2018, 16:44:04 »
You be surprised what people vote for when it's is marketed right. There are people in California both of Mexican and Non-Mexican descent who would vote to leave the US, because it's "Bad and Evil". they can't comprehend what would await them.

There are Mexicans that do not want their homeland troubles to follow them and many legal Mexicans have little time for the illegals. It is a complex as you dig down. However Non-US trivialize the issue, because we don't face the same issue, hell we have concerns about 38,000 illegals, when adjusted for population, our "fair share" should be 1.1 million every year. How long do you think Canadians would tolerate that?   

Offline CloudCover

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2018, 17:06:35 »
I think Canada grossly underestimates the number of undocumented or fraudulently documented people in this country.
... Move!! ...

Offline Target Up

........pull, patch, and score.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2018, 18:09:35 »
You be surprised what people vote for when it's is marketed right. There are people in California both of Mexican and Non-Mexican descent who would vote to leave the US, because it's "Bad and Evil". they can't comprehend what would await them.

There are Mexicans that do not want their homeland troubles to follow them and many legal Mexicans have little time for the illegals. It is a complex as you dig down. However Non-US trivialize the issue, because we don't face the same issue, hell we have concerns about 38,000 illegals, when adjusted for population, our "fair share" should be 1.1 million every year. How long do you think Canadians would tolerate that?

Canadians would do what they always do; howl, *****, and whine, then roll over, bite the pillow, and take it.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2018, 19:15:33 »
So Rum & Coke, sodomy and hockey is the Canadian way?  :whistle:

Offline Target Up

........pull, patch, and score.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2018, 19:26:21 »
So Rum & Coke, sodomy and hockey is the Canadian way?  :whistle:

No, but apathy is.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2018, 12:07:06 »
California is a highly taxed state without water if they want to leave so be it.Ex Cali residents have moved to neighboring states.My uncle was one he took his liberal politics with him to Nevada which has no state income tax.

Offline Altair

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2018, 12:12:13 »
California is a highly taxed state without water if they want to leave so be it.Ex Cali residents have moved to neighboring states.My uncle was one he took his liberal politics with him to Nevada which has no state income tax.
I really don't know this is being discussed as a serious topic of conversation.

I mean,  Texas was closer to leaving the union under obama than California is under Trump,  and let's be clear,  neither are close.

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 13:42:53 »
Californians love to talk about leaving (particularly San Fransisco ones) However since they have banned most things in the State, don't have anywhere near enough water or power to run the State within their own borders and would lose the Fed cash, they quickly lose steam, sounds vaguely familiar.... 

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2018, 23:42:24 »
Mexico wants a deal before the new Presidrnt takes power.       

https://pilotonline.com/business/consumer/article_599976db-fea0-540a-a95b-6e3e924fc1a0.html

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Dammit! I lost my sand-wedge on that last jump!
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2018, 07:00:30 »
Not a problem. AMLO can just pull a Trump and change the deal when he gets into power.  Easy-peasey - welcome to the New Workd Economic Order.

:2c:

Regards
G2G

Online Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2018, 07:13:00 »
Seems more like the US wants a deal before the new president takes office.  This doesn’t sound as close as it is made out to be.
Optio

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2018, 07:21:19 »
FYI Trump has another year in his first term and will be runnin for his second term next year. 8)

Online Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2018, 07:23:01 »
FYI Trump has another year in his first term and will be runnin for his second term next year. 8)

The New Mexican President.  Who after dec 1st will be somewhat more difficult to deal with...hence the urgency.
Optio

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2018, 11:05:19 »
Illegal and legal migrants are said to send $70b a year back to families in Mexico,so I don't see anyone wanting to upset that apple cart.

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2018, 11:14:00 »
Illegal and legal migrants are said to send $70b a year back to families in Mexico,so I don't see anyone wanting to upset that apple cart.

So President Trump is okay with letting Mexican illegal aliens stay in America to send money back home, in order to make a pre-NAFTA deal with President Peña Nieto and avoid dealing with AMLO?

Regards
G2G

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2018, 11:22:54 »
ICE if they find illegal aliens will detain them.I don't think anything has changed.Some of these issues are being faced by Canada due to unlawful migration across our common border.

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2018, 11:31:19 »
ICE if they find illegal aliens will detain them.I don't think anything has changed.Some of these issues are being faced by Canada due to unlawful migration across our common border.

But your earlier post alludes to the fact that neither America, nor Mexico really want to change the status quo, so it would follow that ICE really won't go hunting for illegal aliens with any greater effort than in years past, otherwise the apple cart gets upset, and the basis of the imminent agreement between Trump and Peña Nieto would be weakened/invalidated.

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2018, 11:52:08 »
Years ago there was a bill in the Senate that wasnt passed it would have put a tax on money transfers if the sender couldnt prove his status.

https://www.congress.gov/114/bills/s79/BILLS-114s79is.pdf

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2018, 13:43:59 »
So is President Trump going to try again with a similar bill, given how unfair it is for illegal aliens to be sending money to their families back in Mexico?   I also assume that part and parcel of the “follow the money” trail would also include the IRS tracking not only the employees, but also the employers?