Author Topic: "I want to be Int" Mega-thread  (Read 264249 times)

Offline J-Rex

• Rate Post
    • The Traveling Buff
Re: "I want to be Int" Mega-thread
« Reply #375 on: November 30, 2016, 10:13:28 »
Has anyone received their course loading message yet? Christmas holidays and the course start date is approaching quite fast.
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” - Augustine 354-430 AD

Offline pascalywood

• Rate Post
« Reply #376 on: December 14, 2016, 00:06:52 »
Has anyone received their course loading message yet? Christmas holidays and the course start date is approaching quite fast.

Next QL5A starts on Jan 17th and will be Navy and Air Force only due to operationnal requirements. There will be a single Army guy on it. Don't know if the loading message is out yet though.

Offline Dija

• The Man Who Sold The World
  • Rate Post
  • Stand at the Edge of The World
« Reply #377 on: January 15, 2017, 01:19:36 »
Next QL5A starts on Jan 17th and will be Navy and Air Force only due to operationnal requirements. There will be a single Army guy on it. Don't know if the loading message is out yet though.

We saw quite a few guys have their elements switched to get loaded on course, I wish the branch wasn't so bottlenecked for QL5 training. There are people who have been waiting for YEARS.
Int Ops: We drink and we know things.

Offline ezcompany

• Rate Post
Information regarding Intelligence
« Reply #378 on: January 28, 2017, 17:20:35 »
Hello everyone,
First off, just wanted to say thank you to all the current and former members of the CAF, your service is appreciated!

Second, recently I have been doing intense research on joining the military and what not, and have also recently spoken to a recruiter. In April 2018, I will have a university degree in Criminology with Honours. My main point of interest is intelligence operator. I saw in a post on here that they do not accept intelligence operators right off the street and that you have to do another trade for a certain amount of years beforehand. However, the recruiter quickly shut that notion down and said I could, in fact, go right into intelligence (after BMQ and BMQ- Land). I was wondering why there are two opposite accounts on how to get into intelligence.

Also on a different (but similar) note, I have seen that most people are interested in reserves more so than Regular Force, and I was wondering why that is the case as I myself am looking at doing Regular Force.

Any and all answers would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you again.   

Offline MarkOttawa

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Two birthdays
    • Currently posting at Canadian Defence & Foreign Affairs Institute's "3Ds Blog"
Re: Information regarding Intelligence
« Reply #379 on: January 28, 2017, 17:39:37 »
thearmyman1212

Some general background:

The Scope of Canadian Forces’ Intelligence Activities (including HUMINT)
https://cgai3ds.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/mark-collins-the-scope-of-canadian-forces-intelligence-activities-including-humint/

Not Much Noticed: Canadian Forces Intelligence Command (plus HUMINT) [has personnel numbers]
https://cgai3ds.wordpress.com/2016/01/27/mark-collins-not-much-noticed-canadian-forces-intelligence-command-plus-humint/

Canadian Forces in Intelligence Big Leagues (with document)?
https://cgai3ds.wordpress.com/2015/02/08/mark-collins-canadian-forces-in-intelligence-big-leagues-with-document/

Canadian Forces Intelligence Consolidation
The bullet on JTF-X (cute, remember Camp X? [ https://www.google.ca/search?q=camp+x+oshawa&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr&ei=ow07UqBFiMOqAZGDgbgP ]) is the most public statement I’ve seen about the CF’s HUMINT capabilities...
https://cgai3ds.wordpress.com/2013/09/19/mark-collins-canadian-forces-intelligence-consolidation/

Mark
Ottawa
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 18:44:43 by MarkOttawa »
Ça explique, mais ça n'excuse pas.

Offline pascalywood

• Rate Post
« Reply #380 on: February 13, 2017, 20:05:02 »
We saw quite a few guys have their elements switched to get loaded on course, I wish the branch wasn't so bottlenecked for QL5 training. There are people who have been waiting for YEARS.

A guy I know has been stuck on BTL for a whole year and got loaded on the current QL5 because the staff at CFSMI pushed for him to be loaded on it, even if he's Army.

Actually Dija, I think we worked together at VA-35. I got an OJE in Val if it rings a bell.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 20:08:52 by pascalywood »

Offline JJR

• Rate Post
« Reply #381 on: March 30, 2017, 10:40:00 »
Good Morning,

I just did an OT into the trade. Would anyone happen to know the course dates of the next Int-OP QL5 course?

Thank You  [:D

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #382 on: March 31, 2017, 09:00:20 »
Good Morning,

I just did an OT into the trade. Would anyone happen to know the course dates of the next Int-OP QL5 course?

This is a recruiting board; you may want to look for an area that is specific for Int Ops now that you're in, or speak with your chain of command. 
The search feature on here is fantastic.

Best of luck in your career :-)

Offline pascalywood

• Rate Post
« Reply #383 on: April 14, 2017, 14:54:08 »
Good Morning,

There is a French course in Quebec city on May 10th however it is (mostly) for reservists. There is also a French course in Kingston around the 18th of May. The next English course is likely to be in August/September in Kingston though they might run one in May as well.

Offline E. B. Korcz Forrester

~ live and let live!

• Rate Post
Intelligence Officer - Embassy Liaison
« Reply #384 on: July 17, 2017, 03:26:21 »

For int. officers posted at embassies, does anyone know what their duties specifically entail? And would reservists be posted at embassies?

I'd ask my recruiter, but there won't be any replies until after next week (owing to vacation).

Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 04:02:55 by E. B. Korcz Forrester »

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Intelligence Officer - Embassy Liaison
« Reply #385 on: July 17, 2017, 08:53:28 »
For int. officers posted at embassies, does anyone know what their duties specifically entail? And would reservists be posted at embassies?

See also,

Embassy Question 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=57947.0

OJT at an embassy?
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=79325.0

Working In an Embassey, and everything else!
http://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=33093.0

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of up to date  information.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 09:18:35 by mariomike »
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline bobthewarrior

• Rate Post
INT OP RSBP info
« Reply #386 on: July 27, 2017, 14:13:33 »
I have been put on the Merit list for Int Op, and was granted to bypass BMQ and BMQ Land due to prior service in the reserve infantry.
I know there is a course running army/navy int ops from someone I know who is a Int O and am wondering if I still have a shot at getting on this course considering its still at least a month away. Does anyone know when the next selection could take place?
I find the Int threads on the forum are pretty dated, or isn't talked about much so if anyone has any information pls msg me or post!
Jumped on this opportunity the moment I saw the trade open and hoping with past Infantry training (5 years) I have a shot at getting in before the new year.
Currently im in the SuppRes, with my "membership" there extended to middle of September with the possibility of another extension. Ive been told ill keep my rank and pay so im worried if I don't get in before then ill possibly lose my RSBP and I don't really care to start over..

thanks all any insight is helpful.
im familiar with hurry up and wait but the anxiousness is growing lol.

Offline bobthewarrior

• Rate Post
« Reply #387 on: July 27, 2017, 14:19:57 »
Good Morning,

I was told this past weekend the next course is September 2017 for Int Op.  Congrats on the OT btw, Im on the merit list hoping to get the course soon as well.
hope that helps.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: INT OP RSBP info
« Reply #388 on: July 27, 2017, 15:50:41 »
I know there is a course running army/navy int ops from someone I know who is a Int O and am wondering if I still have a shot at getting on this course considering its still at least a month away. Does anyone know when the next selection could take place?

With the next Crse being run within the next month, it will already be Course Loaded with candidates.  Unless there is a last minute withdrawal from the Crse, your chances would seem to be very slim (and that goes for any course being run) to none.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Shrek1985

• Rate Post
« Reply #389 on: August 01, 2017, 13:59:31 »
What, if any are the differences between NAVRES INT OP and other PRES INT OP?

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #390 on: August 01, 2017, 18:48:31 »
What, if any are the differences between NAVRES INT OP and other PRES INT OP?

NAVRES INT will focus solely on Naval matters.

PRES INT OPs will focus solely on the Air/Land scenarios.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Shrek1985

• Rate Post
« Reply #391 on: August 02, 2017, 09:17:34 »
So, how would that be for a choice for "Get in the trade, get the course, begin career progression?"

I had understood INT to be near totally purple.

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #393 on: August 02, 2017, 17:41:01 »
So, how would that be for a choice for "Get in the trade, get the course, begin career progression?"

I had understood INT to be near totally purple.

You asked about PRES and NAVRES. 

Reg Force bounces back and forth between being totally PURPLE and Element Specific.

Offline Shrek1985

• Rate Post
« Reply #394 on: August 02, 2017, 23:28:02 »
New question; why in the hell would my grade 11 English mark be of sudden importance to the Intelligence trade?!

Of all the random things; I am a university graduate (BA SocSci/Military Science) WTF do they care about HIGHSCHOOL ENGLISH for?

More importantly, does anyone know what threshold they would be looking for?

My entire school career has been a nightmare for me, but higschool english was an especial low point. But I write for fun; I read voraciously. Surely I could submit essays or something?! Four years in this process and this is the first I've heard of this.

Online PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #395 on: August 03, 2017, 06:58:32 »
That's odd considering you have post secondary education. I can see the importance of it in Int. Did you take an English elective for your degree?

Offline Shrek1985

• Rate Post
« Reply #396 on: August 03, 2017, 09:44:59 »
That's odd considering you have post secondary education. I can see the importance of it in Int. Did you take an English elective for your degree?

Odd would be an understatement.

And no; I have a degree in military science (cross-disciplinary). So I wrote tons of good essays, but I never saw one single additional word of Margaret Atwood or Shakespeare ever again.

Offline bobthewarrior

• Rate Post
Re: INT OP RSBP info
« Reply #397 on: August 03, 2017, 14:03:42 »
With the next Crse being run within the next month, it will already be Course Loaded with candidates.  Unless there is a last minute withdrawal from the Crse, your chances would seem to be very slim (and that goes for any course being run) to none.

well I have beat the odds. Got the offer about joining through recruit bypass. Enroll in august start September 11.