Author Topic: I miss my Small Pack  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Griffy42

• Rate Post
I miss my Small Pack
« on: August 24, 2018, 18:21:39 »
My last posting was to Petawawa, so I had a Small Pack. I LOVED it,  I used it everyday to hold my uniform, lunch, kit... everything.  Now that I'm posted to an Air Force Base (Trenton) I'm no longer entitled to one.

I can't seem to find a bag that can hold my uniform including my boots for after PT let alone all the kit that I need with me in the winter.

I'm looking for suggestions! I'm only 5'4" so I'm hoping to find something that's no bigger than the small pack but will hold everything I need.

Offline sidemount

• Rate Post
Re: I miss my Small Pack
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 19:00:19 »
Maybe have a look at MEC, they have some really good gear, a bit pricey but imo worth it most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 19:24:02 »
How about trying a search on Ebay for options.

Might not be Maxpedition-like quality, but fairly less costly.

Do I love my job?  No.

But does it afford me the ability to go on lavish vacations and buy anything I want?  Also no.

Offline RomeoJuliet

• Donor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 19:36:29 »
My last posting was to Petawawa, so I had a Small Pack. I LOVED it,  I used it everyday to hold my uniform, lunch, kit... everything.  Now that I'm posted to an Air Force Base (Trenton) I'm no longer entitled to one.

I can't seem to find a bag that can hold my uniform including my boots for after PT let alone all the kit that I need with me in the winter.

I'm looking for suggestions! I'm only 5'4" so I'm hoping to find something that's no bigger than the small pack but will hold everything I need.

Highly recommend 5.11 Rush 72 hr pack.  Great piece of kit. Carries extra uniform, boots, pt gear and more in garrison and it's what I use for exercises that are 3 days or less.

Offline Sandore

• Rate Post

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 11:25:45 »

If you TD to the US, check out the NEX/PX/MCX (dependent on base) for their selection.  SOG and 5.11 have some great packs that are pretty cheap there. 
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 11:31:56 »
Found at Canex http://www.canex.ca/military/cadpat-gear/mil-spex-cdn-military-pack.html

I have to hand it to them... copying our POS Day Pack and selling it for 90 bucks is sheer 'Dragon's Den Worthy' genius :)
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline Not a Sig Op

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 17:10:26 »
If you want an "army-ish" bag there's loads of companies making versions of a "3 day assault pack".

Pro-tip, get it in black so you don't look silly wearing it with civies.
Remember troops, the minimum acceptable standard is still an acceptable standard.

Offline AbdullahD

• Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 18:13:48 »
https://m.redoxx.com/Default.aspx

These guys make darn good bags veteran owned too in the US.

I of course work with CN rail so I bought the railroad grip off them embroidered and all.. let's just say it is a tank of a bag. It may be worth considering. I am also a chap who is hard on his bags and this thing looks like it will stand up nicely.

Abdullah

Offline Flathame

• Rate Post
    • Trapsexy
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 06:04:28 »
If you want an "army-ish" bag there's loads of companies making versions of a "3 day assault pack".

Pro-tip, get it in black so you don't look silly wearing it with civies.

Pretty much this. I have a black bag I got online and it's one of my best investments.