Author Topic: Criminal Records Check - CRC (Merged)  (Read 195469 times)

Offline RocketRichard

• Donor
  • Rate Post
Re: Criminal Records Check - CRC (Merged)
« Reply #300 on: January 25, 2017, 11:36:42 »
The application asks "Have you been charged with a crime for which you have not been pardoned". You will have to select yes. Also, the military will be thorough. It will stop you regardless of whether or not you committed it. Unfortunately, your application will not move forward.
Unless you are in recruiting perhaps it's best not to state whose application will move forward or not. As MM says speak to recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #301 on: January 25, 2017, 12:04:22 »
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 12:08:07 by mariomike »
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline PandemicStrange

• Rate Post
« Reply #302 on: January 25, 2017, 12:12:04 »
As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

But, you may find these discussions of interest,

Sec. Checks & Fingerprinting
http://milnet.ca/forums/index.php?topic=13619.25
2 pages.

Fingerprints/youth criminal record 
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OVSZUnJQ8RcJ:https://milnet.ca/forums/index.php%3Ftopic%3D116440.0+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

See also,

Fingerprints
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Amilnet.ca+fingerprints&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=vtmIWM-IFuGM8QegnpyQBA&gws_rd=ssl

Thanks you're a scholar and a gentlemen. I see you use google and not use the built in search, never find exactly what I'm looking for! Maybe I should give google a try.

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #303 on: January 25, 2017, 12:15:16 »
Thanks you're a scholar and a gentlemen.

Ha! Tell that to my wife!  :)

Offline PandemicStrange

• Rate Post
« Reply #304 on: January 27, 2017, 08:30:12 »
Ha! Tell that to my wife!  :)

Hah, yea I could try. I finished everything and was expecting a job offer call, instead I got told I need them finger prints. Hoping it doesn't take long :P (hoping)

Offline FlyLikeAnEagle

• Rate Post
« Reply #305 on: April 26, 2017, 15:07:16 »
Bonjourno. I just talked to my navy/military councilor and she said that their doing the security screening check. Now, ive been arrested locally on very minor stuff (drinking related) and most was a $100 fine. The major hurdle was the time i got caught with some mary jane and magic shrooms and had to go to the real court house. All i got was a $500 fine for that (lawyer could've had it all dropped because cops fed up the investigation) and c'est tout. I owe no $$ to the court, not on any FBI most wanted list, ain't been arrested or summoned on any open cases...what are the chances i go through? If i was ineligible...wouldn't they have already weaned me out when i already brought my court papers back in December?

Thanks
JR

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #306 on: April 26, 2017, 15:12:50 »
ive been arrested locally on very minor stuff (drinking related) and most was a $100 fine. The major hurdle was the time i got caught with some mary jane and magic shrooms and had to go to the real court house. All i got was a $500 fine for that (lawyer could've had it all dropped because cops fed up the investigation) and c'est tout. I owe no $$ to the court, not on any FBI most wanted list, ain't been arrested or summoned on any open cases...what are the chances i go through? If i was ineligible...wouldn't they have already weaned me out when i already brought my court papers back in December?

Once your online application has been forwarded to your local recruiting centre, they should be able to tell you why your application is delayed. The most common reasons are:
Reliability screening: the reliability screening and security check will take longer if you lived in another country or if you have a criminal record.
http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100#reasons

Criminal Record (merged)
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=12896.175
12 pages.

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 15:32:53 by mariomike »

Offline FlyLikeAnEagle

• Rate Post
« Reply #307 on: April 26, 2017, 15:32:11 »
Yeah, court papers. But i should've added that this was back in 2003 and only had a minor blip in 2014 (everywhere else its a fine...here in small town its a "criminal offense"). Non-violent crimes. No theft. Just stupid childish mistakes.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #308 on: April 27, 2017, 11:36:42 »
The recruiting staff will not tell you that you're ineligible for enrolment for security reasons. 

The CAF has a third-party company that does the background checks; once they have completed their background check if there are issues that are a hard no for entry the company will not grant the reliability status, if it is iffy (i.e. grey area) than it is forwarded to the CFRC Unit Security Supervisor to make a decision along with the CO. 

Because of above your file will be processed and the Recruiter wouldn't say you're ineligible as that is not within their job description.

Offline Roger123

• Rate Post
« Reply #309 on: August 03, 2017, 08:32:38 »
Good day,

Last night I was in a parking lot waiting for some people to come out from a store. My car door is open and Im leaning up against it minding my own business. The AC in my car was not working and the night air was cool. This guy pulls up on the side of the open door with so many other open spaces near by. My first thought was " Seriously?". Anyway, I close my door and allow him to park. He then proceeds out of the car and starts engaging me verbally. He starts stating that Im this and that, how people in Canada think everything is a joke and how he wanted to punch me. I tell him to chill but if starts trying to make good on what he said I would wreck him.
     He goes into the convenience store and then my friends walk out. My friends walk out to the car stating there was some crazy guy cursing and acting erratic. He walks out, realizes there are 5 people now instead of just me and begins talking about stabbing me if there were no cameras. Surprisingly, my main concern was how this situation could potentially snowball to affect my application. We verbally spar for the next 5 min.  I have a clean record, never been involved with the law. If this did turn into a 1v1 fight, im sure someone would have called the police and I would be in the back of a police cruiser.
    Safe to say that my application to RCAF would be thrown out the window at that point?

Regards

Online Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Dammit! I lost my sand-wedge on that last jump!
« Reply #310 on: August 03, 2017, 11:52:09 »
A police report with your involvement in an incident, whomever the protagonist or victim would be considered, would not a criminal conviction for you make.

You could direct how the incident would be seen by proactively engaging the police and reporting the individual (uttering a threat of bodily harm is itself an indictable or summary offence in Section 264.1 of the Criminal Code of Canada - Uttering Threats).

Uttering threats

264.1 (1) Every one commits an offence who, in any manner, knowingly utters, conveys or causes any person to receive a threat:
(a) to cause death or bodily harm to any person;
(b) to burn, destroy or damage real or personal property; or
(c) to kill, poison or injure an animal or bird that is the property of any person.

Punishment

(2) Every one who commits an offence under paragraph (1)(a) is guilty of:
(a) an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or
(b) an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months.

:2c:

Regards
G2G