Author Topic: University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2019  (Read 16394 times)

Offline Trackrl

• Rate Post
Re: University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2019
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2019, 12:58:03 »
I've been to my OR and they sent me back saying that I dont need a TOS, which doesnt make sense because my current TOS dont even cover my schooling.

I would be insistent, you definitely do need new TOS to cover your obligitory service period. I believe May 15 is the deadline to send a copy to the commissioning clerk, that is mine anyway. If you don't have a direct line to the chief clerk, go through your chain and show them the part of the utp offer that says you need new TOS.

Offline pylon

• Rate Post
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2019, 14:34:11 »
It could be worth contacting the Terms of Service clerk at your Base/Wing OR and speaking with them. Congrats on the offer and good luck.

Offline nordi

• Rate Post
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2019, 13:49:48 »
Thanks for the advice, i returned with the UTPNCM canforgen in hand and the new TOS was just sent up my COC.'

Here is the ref they found: Ref: DOAD 5002-9 3.9 (7)

Offline edlabonte

• Rate Post
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2019, 19:44:37 »
I got my offer for ACSO. I'm looking forward to my second military career.

Offline Ladydash

• Rate Post
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2019, 11:13:45 »
Those who applied UTP, any receive offers for Log O or PSO yet? Trying to patiently wait.

Offline misratah500

• Rate Post
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2019, 19:45:23 »
I got accepted last year for MARS/NWO and just finished first year. I can already tell i'm gonna hate this trade. has anyone sucessfully switched trades while going through school? I think its a VOT-U

Offline sidemount

• Rate Post
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2019, 20:28:10 »
I got accepted last year for MARS/NWO and just finished first year. I can already tell i'm gonna hate this trade. has anyone sucessfully switched trades while going through school? I think its a VOT-U
Yes, I did it this year. Although I finished school and was on dp 1.2. After sustaining a back injury on course and some significant rehab I decided to switch it up.  Its just the Officer VOT-U process, Which I believe you can apply for in your last 2 years of school. Quite straight forward but its only once a year selection unlike NCMs every 3 months.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 20:32:00 by sidemount »
Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell

Offline Thermal

• Rate Post
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2019, 17:09:29 »

Yes, it's called VOT-U. As far as I know, you are eligible to apply after you have successfully completed your BMOQ (mod 1 & mod 2) if you don't already have it. Also, you should be doing fine in your school (as in you are not failing classes). The process is just like any other VOT but you can only do it once a year. I did VOT-U in September which was my 2nd year of university, and PSO interview was done in October. The offer usually starts to roll out starting in February of the following year, and you could be waiting for the offer up to May or even June (which was my case). The best thing is you talk to your PSO for more up to date information if you are serious about applying for VOT-U. I hope this helped and good luck!

Offline sidemount

• Rate Post
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2019, 14:34:07 »
So I was incorrect about being in the final 2 years of study, that was for the special vot-u that just finished.

See the just released CANFORGEN on the subject: 055/19
That should answer your questions.
Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell

Offline edlabonte

• Rate Post
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2019, 22:45:15 »
Anybody got a posting message yet?

Offline nordi

• Rate Post
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2019, 17:57:58 »
No posting message yet, I am awaiting for a cost move.

Offline Trackrl

• Rate Post
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2019, 14:31:21 »
I got my offer for ACSO. I'm looking forward to my second military career.

Congrats! Are you doing the full four years of school? If so we may end up on the same course.

Offline edlabonte

• Rate Post
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2019, 18:34:38 »
Congrats! Are you doing the full four years of school? If so we may end up on the same course.

I have 2.5 years of school. 2022 I should be on deck for the ACSO course.

Offline nordi

• Rate Post
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2019, 15:47:03 »
Congrats to all who have been accepted, just got my posting message, see you at RMC Otter Sqn!

Offline mpfil

• Rate Post
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2019, 07:20:18 »
I got my offer for PSO a few weeks ago but I am still waiting for a posting message. Anyone here still waiting for their posting message? I'm a bit nervous.

Offline Trackrl

• Rate Post
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2019, 08:32:48 »
I got my offer for PSO a few weeks ago but I am still waiting for a posting message. Anyone here still waiting for their posting message? I'm a bit nervous.

I still don't have mine either, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come until sometime in June.

Offline nordi

• Rate Post
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2019, 21:14:13 »
Cost moves take priority on posting messages, if you are no cost, you will get it later.

Offline stoker dave

• Rate Post
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2019, 14:12:07 »
I got accepted last year for MARS/NWO and just finished first year. I can already tell i'm gonna hate this trade.

That is, I am sure, a frustrating situation.

Please let me first point out that as an officer being an NWO is a career and profession; not a trade.  It is just semantics, but words matter.

What exactly do you hate?  Have you been to sea on a ship?  Do you hate going to sea?  Or is it what you are studying that is what you dislike?  If you can be a bit more specific maybe we can help.  I will suggest that there are huge differences between (A) what you study at school (B) being in school  (C) MARS/NWO training and (D) a career as a MARS/NWO. 

If being in the navy and being an NWO is really not for you, take action right away to make the necessary changes.  You do not want to live your life doing something you don't like and don't want to do.  That is in nobody's best interest.