Author Topic: Buying Glasses for Basic  (Read 636 times)

Offline Ghostbuster123

• Rate Post
Buying Glasses for Basic
« on: November 09, 2018, 22:26:56 »
I have read the forums about glasses vs contacts in basic and it sounds like glasses are best, except for rainy days. My question is did you scratch or destroy glasses? I was looking into getting a couple pairs of cheap frames and something to keep them from falling off. Too bad they don't make cable temples any more lol.

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Re: Buying Glasses for Basic
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 22:41:22 »
I have read the forums about glasses vs contacts in basic and it sounds like glasses are best, except for rainy days. My question is did you scratch or destroy glasses? I was looking into getting a couple pairs of cheap frames and something to keep them from falling off. Too bad they don't make cable temples any more lol.

When you get to basic, you’ll have a certain day very early on dedicated to all things optometrist-related. (Exams, glasses, etc.) If you wear glasses already, make sure you have your prescription with you if something needs to be addressed—staff will ask for it. If something happens to your glasses during training they can usually be repaired quickly...unless something has changed since I was there.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 22:51:08 by BeyondTheNow »
"Stop worrying about getting back to who you were before it all went wrong. To heal is to understand that the person you've since become is the one who's most capable of doing whatever it is you were put here to do."~SR

Offline Ghostbuster123

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 22:59:02 »
Thanks 😊

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 07:48:57 »
My question is did you scratch or destroy glasses?

The following documents are required on arrival:

b.eyeglass prescriptions
http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school-joining-instructions.page#annex-b

END QUOTE