Author Topic: A weak NDP is bad news for the Conservatives  (Read 1755 times)

Online Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
A weak NDP is bad news for the Conservatives
« on: November 21, 2018, 12:16:16 »

An interesting analysis by Eric Grenier about how a weak NDP is bad news for the Conservatives. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/grenier-conservatives-ndp-1.4912981

I'd be curious to see if the NDP might be able to replace Singh who essentially has become a lame duck.  No one really awesome comes to mind.
Optio

Offline Cloud Cover

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: A weak NDP is bad news for the Conservatives
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 21:38:33 »
How so? He’s going to win his seat in Vangroovy area.  It’s not like the Cons will beat him there, they should thus give him support.  :stirpot: I don’t mind the guy, he’s got ideas and a platform that a decent number of people connect with. If Canada had proportional rep, he might be a king maker. Think about that ....
Jack Layton was a threat to the Libs and put Harper into power.
Living the lean life.

Online Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 09:28:40 »
How so? He’s going to win his seat in Vangroovy area.  It’s not like the Cons will beat him there, they should thus give him support.  :stirpot: I don’t mind the guy, he’s got ideas and a platform that a decent number of people connect with. If Canada had proportional rep, he might be a king maker. Think about that ....
Jack Layton was a threat to the Libs and put Harper into power.

Jack Layton appealed to Quebecers and had name recognition.

Jagmeet Singh does not have either. 
Optio

Online Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 10:16:06 »
Nathan Cullen would have been a good choice for them, but they went for flash in the pan instead.

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 20:01:36 »
Hmmmm ...
Veteran New Democrat Svend Robinson is staging a political comeback in his British Columbia hometown, where he will run in the riding next to where NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh is vying for his first-ever federal seat.

Robinson, a contender in the 1995 NDP leadership race and Vancouver-area MP from 1979 to 2004, announced Tuesday that he plans to run for the party in Burnaby North—Seymour, home to the terminus of the Trans Mountain oil pipeline. As the only person vying for the nomination, Robinson is expected to be acclaimed as the NDP’s candidate there on Saturday.

The riding is currently held by Liberal MP Terry Beech.

Speaking to reporters outside his boyhood home in the riding, the 66-year-old said he is compelled to return to the political arena by “two huge crises”—climate change and expensive housing. He called for “radical changes” to transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy, and a “massive program” to build affordable housing for people who have been priced out of areas where they grew up.

“I feel a huge sense of urgency about what’s happening,” Robinson told the Star by phone on Tuesday.

“My experience, and it was a pretty long and solid parliamentary career, hopefully that can help to contribute to the next (NDP) caucus.” ...
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe next leader???

Stay tuned ...

:pop:
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 01:30:19 »
Tire fire, meet match.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Online Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Optio

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 15:07:45 »
This keeps getting better. The Liberal candidate just shat the bed hard and is resigning as a candidate over some dumb stuff she said. Singh will probably win his seat and tow this crippled train into the election.
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Online Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 15:21:49 »
Yeah lol.  Will suit the Liberals just fine.
Optio