Author Topic: BMNQ 2013-Current: Naval Reserve  (Read 44314 times)

Offline Blue85

• Rate Post
  • Future Naval Communicator
Re: BMNQ 2013-Current: Naval Reserve
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2019, 19:57:47 »
Thank you, for your post. Very helpful. So is it best to buy Q tips prior to arriving at Basic Military Naval Qualification Training? I assume there might be the opportunity to go out and shop after arriving at training.

Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine. – Roy T. Bennett

Offline Cloud Cover

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2019, 09:48:11 »
Not sure where the QTips angle of the thread came from, but there will be a shop for you to purchase personal hygiene items. 

Offline Blue85

• Rate Post
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2019, 14:01:02 »
Not sure where the QTips angle of the thread came from, but there will be a shop for you to purchase personal hygiene items.

Naval Reservist is a graduate who posted Reply #25 with the heading "Guide to BMNQ (Basic Military Naval Qualification)." In this particular post, he or she advised to have "Q-tips for cleaning weapons"
Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine. – Roy T. Bennett

Offline Blue85

• Rate Post
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2019, 17:50:25 »
Hi everyone,

I just submitted an application to the Forces earlier this week. Even though I applied for Naval Communicator in the reserves. I am open to the same position in the regular forces. I received an email indicating:

In Phase I, recruits are expected to complete a total of 6 days of training that can be completed from home. During this time, you may also be asked to come into the unit on a Monday or Wednesday evening.

The Phase II portion of the course is run ‘in-house’  at HMCS YORK lasting the equivalent of about 14 full days

The Phase III portion of the course lasts 3 weeks for Non-Commissioned Members (NCMs). It is run out of Camp Vimy at the 2nd Canadian Division Training Division in Quebec. Dates are as follows:

o   BMQ:

Serial 1: May 22, 2019 – June 11, 2019

OR

Serial 2: July 4, 2019 – July 24, 2019

OR

Serial 3: July 31, 2019 – August 20, 2019

I am assuming the training dates above for BMQ are not to be confused with training dates for Naval Communicator training. I'm not sure where the Naval Communicator training will be. If someone knows where and when I might take this specific Naval Communicator training please let me know. 

After watching Truth Duty Valour Episode 403 on YouTube I was under the impression that training would be 14 weeks in Quebec. So when I received the email saying BMQ is 3 weeks, it gave me the idea that boot camp would be more bearable.

If anyone can offer advice/tips knowledge for preparing for the 3 week BMQ training at Camp Vimy please share. What does the training at Camp Vimy include? Do they give an outline on what is taught each week? Should I buy a waterproof notebook? If I want to keep organized with having a binder for each course taught, how many binders will I need?

I have had people try to teach me to swim however I can't seem to swim for the life of me. I have heard of some of swim test with your uniform on at BMQ in Quebec. Not sure what the tests are like at Campy Vimy. Is the swimming something that can hold me back from passing BMQ?

What is life like at Camp Vimy? Any responses and/or up to date links online I can use to help better my understanding would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Offline kratz

Laughter drives the sun.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2019, 18:23:56 »
Relax and follow your training from your Divisional System. Both Phase I and II are meant to simply train and build everyone up to pass Phase III.
The length of time away from home to attend basic has been greatly reduced to three weeks, through DL /CBT since TDV was filmed.

Correct, your trades training will occur at NFS(A) or NFS(P), after you have completed BMNQ.
A minor swim portion is part of your follow on training, during NETP and later career refresher courses, but you'll always be wearing PPE, so no worries.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.