Author Topic: TOP Aces - 414 EWS Alphajets soon to be replaced by F-16  (Read 360 times)

Offline Titix

• Rate Post
Hi,

As an ACSO applicant, I was looking at the airframes I could possibly use in a couple years.
I was glad to find out that some ACSOs end up in Ottawa on the TOP Aces' Alphajets (414 EWS). Then I found out on their website that TOP Aces' private fleet will include F-16 in the near future. Any of you have details about this transition? Besides hard work and the RCAF needs, does anyone know what does it take to be posted at 414 EWS? Is fitness level a key factor when the CF decide if you will be flying on a jet fighter or a Polaris?

Thanks!

Offline standingdown

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: TOP Aces - 414 EWS Alphajets soon to be replaced by F-16
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 23:38:12 »
I'm not an ACSO, but I've worked with a couple folks from 414 in the past. As one might expect, they were pretty knowledgeable about EW stuff...so I'd advise not sucking at it if you get a chance to become an ACSO in the CAF. IIRC, the person I worked with most had completed AOEW and other specialty courses in that realm. They were pretty switched on.

Anyways hopefully someone will be able to offer you better advice, as that's all I have. Good luck.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 23:49:57 by standingdown »

Online SupersonicMax

is back home.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: TOP Aces - 414 EWS Alphajets soon to be replaced by F-16
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 00:40:53 »
I wouldn't count on a transition to Viper from Alphajet but rather a potential complement of Viper to supplement the Alphajet.  And I believe they are all Single Seat (ie: no EWO).  The EW pods on the Viper are all automatic anyways.