Author Topic: RAPTORS GAME 5  (Read 432 times)

Offline Baden Guy

Full Member.

• Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing.
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
RAPTORS GAME 5
« on: June 10, 2019, 09:00:42 »

"GO RAPTORS"

I would be shamefully amiss if I failed to mention there is "a" basketball game taking place in Toronto this evening.
    This is a game for Canada ... hoping THE Canadian NBA team becomes THE NBA champions

:cdn: :)

"GO RAPTORS"

Offline Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: RAPTORS GAME 5
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 10:49:18 »
Go Raptors, Yeaaaaa. . .

Okay, I can understand the excitement being generated across the country (and especially in Toronto) by the possibility that a major professional sports championship may be won by a team based in this country.  Since many of our homegrown national professional athletes (hockey of course, what other sport is there) are employed south of the border and have contributed to keeping the Stanley Cup out of the hands of Canadian teams for 26 years, it's a Great White Northern f**k you to our neighbour and a vicarious thrill that "us Canadians" are better than them Americans.  Well, at least there is one Canadian on the team so we can hang on to that.  And of course, basketball was invented by a Canadian.
+300
Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Offline Retired AF Guy

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 16:43:28 »
The question I've been pondering is if the Raptors win the NBA Championship will the President invite them to the White House??
"Leave one wolf alive, and the sheep are never safe."

Arya Stark

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 16:56:37 »
The question I've been pondering is if the Raptors win - or lose - the NBA Championship, will their fans riot?

( Remembering the 2011 Vancouver Canucks riot. )
https://navy.ca/forums/index.php?topic=100392.0
15 pages.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 17:10:19 by mariomike »

Offline Baden Guy

Full Member.

• Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing.
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 08:36:02 »
Just in case anyone missed this:  ;)

A Raptors team of fearless dreamers triumphed the only way they knew how — together
This group who came from all over the world imagined something great and then, against a Warriors team that fought with their whole champion’s hearts, achieved it.

BY BRUCE ARTHUR
https://www.thestar.com/          :cdnsalute:

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 09:16:07 »
I still don't get what happened with .9s left and why they had to put it back on the clock. (After the warriors called a timeout that they didn't have.) The final baskets still counted and it kinda put a damper on the celebration...everyone's just standing around knowing the Raptors have won it...

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 10:43:24 by BeyondTheNow »