Author Topic: Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]  (Read 1832819 times)

Offline WProhphet

• Rate Post
Re: Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2003, 12:21:00 »
Bert nailed it.  Thats the one.  I just a friend of mine to write up similiar things using the various examples.  He then sends me the small test and I complete it as fast as I can and as accurately as I can.

If you can‘t do that, then at least read that site thoroughly, its great.

Offline Bert

• Rate Post
  • Military
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2003, 18:12:00 »
Gov sample tests>>
I‘d suggest doing ALL of the tests one or two times and try to do it in the time they specify. This helps time management.  The tests provide a good overall of stuff so if you‘re having difficulty with one type of problem, you know where to focus, figure it out, and prepare. The correct answers are provided.

Offline Sundborg

• Rate Post
  • AB
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2003, 14:16:00 »
A good way to practice for the CFAT is to take IQ tests that are on the internet, they seem to do the trick.
Don't look back; stay out of the mud.

timbit

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2003, 22:26:00 »
I tried the one at the High IQ society site and scored 122, 4 points off being a genius LOL, if only that was true. you can always count on the internet to cheer you up

wannabe-infantry-guy

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2003, 22:35:00 »
I just did my cfat and the practice questions they have on the army site are dead easy compared to the real thing. Doing the IQ tests on the internet is the best way to prepare.

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Soldier of leisure
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2003, 22:46:00 »
The hardest part I found for me was the 2nd one with the spacial crap. I didn‘t get wtf it all meant. But I still got enough to get into SigOp. If your english is good and you have good math skills then you‘ll have no problem doing the 1s and 3rd part. Second part depends on the person I guess.

Apocalypse

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2003, 13:56:00 »
Another good way to practice for the CFAT is to buy a GED book and use that to practice with.
I have Barron‘s how to prepare for the GED high school equivalency exam 4th edition,it cover a good portion of math that is on the CFAT. You want to check this book out at a local book store.

Christopher

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2003, 21:47:00 »
After a long wait, I‘m finally scheduled for my CFAT and interview.

What should I expect in the CFAT? Is it tough? Easy? I was never very good at calculations without a calculator, so will I need to brush up on multiplying decimals? Long division? Fractions?

Bringer

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2003, 22:28:00 »
www.military.com has a quicky practice test for the ASVAB (American standardized test for their armed forces) which has got to be somewhat similar to the CFAT. There are only so many different ways to do these kind of things...

I‘m curious though, you mention a long wait to have your CFAT and interview scheduled. I went in last week to ask some questions and pick up an application packet, filled out the application and dropped it off, and had my physical fitness, CFAT, and interview all scheduled for just a week later. Is that unusually fast?

Etown

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2003, 23:02:00 »
I went in last week to ask some questions and pick up an application packet, filled out the application and dropped it off, and had my physical fitness, CFAT, and interview all scheduled for just a week later. Is that unusually fast?
Hells yeah! It took 4 weeks for me to get a call just to schedule my tests and that was pretty fast.

Offline Bert

• Rate Post
  • Military
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2003, 23:43:00 »
I used this link and the associated tests for CFAT practicing.  

http://www.jobs.gc.ca/menu/ui_examinfo_e.htm

The CFAT testing isn‘t so bad but its nice to prepare for that kind of test. I‘d recommend doing the government online sample tests and get practiced up.

A trick to the CFAT is judging your time and doing what you can in the time alloted.  Use the time they suggest for each test.  See where you lost time and don‘t waste time on questions you cannot answer.  Do them when the questions you can answer are done.

After the alloted time and the test, check your score.  If you notice you had problems with a particular type of problem, like percentages or fractions, you‘ll know where you‘ll need to focus and improve.  The government on-line samples give a good overview of aptitude testing.

Another tip is to RELAX during the test.

Good luck.

Joel85

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2003, 01:55:00 »
They specifically tell you before you write the test to "NEVER DISCUSS THE TEST WITH ANYBODY WHO WASN‘T IN THE ROOM WHEN YOU WRITE THE TEST", so you wont get speficics on the test.

Offline SynapticHammer

• Rate Post
  • Noli Cedere / Never Give Up
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2003, 08:58:00 »
While some questions are hard, you‘d have to be comatose to be disqualified.  I wrote it a couple weeks ago, and qualified for "everything" -- and I‘m no rocket scientist.  Don‘t sweat it.  There are more important things to focus on.

Just get at least 8 hours of sleep the night before you write the CFAT and you‘ll be fine.

Cheers!

Offline clinton_84

• Rate Post
  • Pte
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2003, 17:28:00 »
Can anyone tell me what score youd need on the CFAT to get into the infantry? I heard that they go by the results of the test, rather than by the level of traditional education like highschool(presuming you have the minimum 15 credits) does anyone know if that is true? say for the infantry if I applied with only the 15 credits(im still in school) but did well on the CFAT and the PT what would you say my chances of getting in are? thanks for the info   :cdn:

Offline WProhphet

• Rate Post
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2003, 17:45:00 »
That I‘d imagine really depends.  There is a lot of uncertainty there obviously, because we don‘t exactly know what it is the military is looking for.  But like anything else, preference for greater education is always given.  So say if you did 10% better on the PT test then another guy, and you both did well enough on CFAT and they only wanted one guy they‘d still likely pick the other guy if he had better education.

Dire

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2003, 19:05:00 »
Hello..

I got my CFAT booked in a week.

I havent been the best at tests, specially test that I know that determines my future.

When I took my MCSE it took me 2 test to pass my first one just because I was so nervous my brain froze and I couldnt think of the answers.

I know I shouldnt have any problems but its been 3 years since I‘ve done highschool math.. And I heard that is on the CFAT..

So whats basicly on it?? I know there is the shapes, grammer, and math, but what type of questions? Are they hard?

Im mostly looking for the math questions.. You dont have to divide 45 divided by 137.335 or anything like that do you? heheh

A PM will help me.

Thank you very much

nuforc

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2003, 19:34:00 »
know your basic math like 8/3 * 5/8 and 4/3 / 9/8,
just an example, also know your geometry ex:how to calculate the area of a rectangle and so forth,
basic math and geometry,also make sure you take the test in the language you are most confortable in
good luck ,stay calm and focused

Dire

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2003, 22:29:00 »
so your saying there is questions like

Divide 1/4 with 3/6 stuff like that?

OpFor

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2003, 20:16:00 »
I was on the recruiting page, and they have examples of aptitude tests and stuff there. I found that the ones ther where pretty easy, but who knows, the real deal might be alot more difficult.

Dire

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2003, 20:30:00 »
yeah the questions on that page are super easy..

Those have to be the easy ones..

there is 15 verbal which you gotta do in 5 mins

15 Spatial which you got 10 mins and

30 problem solving which you get 30 mins...

D-n-A

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2003, 20:49:00 »
the CFAT test is a lot more difficult then the example test

just know your math, if I remember correctly, there‘s a fair bit of division and multiplication questions

the Spatial part, is you look at a box that‘s unfolded, an you have to guess what it would look like when it‘s folded back up

then the english part is mostly, a word is givin, and you have to pick the right defination?

just take your time, dont rush it, an use the paper they give you to work out the math problems

Dire

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2003, 21:24:00 »
what type of math questions??

are they really hard? Like long division and **** like that?

or are they like.. whats 5x8? or 6 divided by 3

Offline ~RoKo~

• Living the dream. I think...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Personal Text:
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2003, 21:56:00 »
This question has been asked before, and a link for an example CFAT was posted.

You have to remember, however, that we signed agreements when we wrote our CFATs stating that we will not discuss specifics regarding what was on the exam with anyone....

austin

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2003, 22:06:00 »
i got my cfat 2 comin up and i took the tests on some links from other threads and i didn‘t fare as well as i‘d like  :confused:  even took the asvac from the U.S. page 2..i‘m gonna be borrowing a friend‘s math book just to touch up as i am lost on my long division..i read on the pamphlet though that they don‘t penalize you for wrong answers...wonder what that‘s about..   :fifty:

Dire

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2003, 03:07:00 »
Well for the solving problems part of the CFAT is gonna be tough..

You have 30 questions in 30 mins.. So thats a min a question.. I don‘t think there is long division on the test since it takes an average person more then 1 min to work it out..  :)